British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moaning-whinging-sad-boring-people-site-327419/)

Scossie Sep 22nd 2005 1:45 pm

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!

sue&bob Sep 22nd 2005 1:50 pm

Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Originally Posted by Scossie

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"

Well said,, i'll go along with that
:)

moneypenny20 Sep 22nd 2005 1:50 pm

Hear hear.

Scossie mate - deep breath, in, hold, release slowly a n n d relaaax.

Feel better now you have that off your chest?

Please feel free to be the first to slap me, if you read a thread from me, once I'm there along those lines - no actually you'll have to join a queue :D

Vash the Stampede Sep 22nd 2005 1:52 pm

Great post, karma sent. http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

Bix Sep 22nd 2005 1:57 pm

Did something get your goat then Scos me 'ol beamer ? :D

I rarely often find myself seldom not never disagreeing with you which is why we aren't sociably angry and happy with each other mainly Thursday but Tuesday if not for prior hypnotic contradictions in the sun and rain every 3rd week. ;)

pako Sep 22nd 2005 2:00 pm

I agree with you entirely..I think a lot comes down to attitude as well :D

webgum Sep 22nd 2005 2:06 pm

Gulp.

Vegemite Kids Sep 22nd 2005 2:07 pm

But.......

Enough is enough!

In Australia:

Hear Hear ! well said !

paulb Sep 22nd 2005 2:08 pm

Its human nature Im afraid, and I guess a lot is about your tolerance as to weather it bothers you or not. You have a right to be bothered, as others have a right to whinge and moan, as you have a right to call them sad and boring (which is a pretty sweeping statement). Its a forum and people are allowed to air their views. The only thing that should be frowned upon is abuse. I guess if you dont like the content of threads, dont read any further.
Thats what I do! :)

Intresting post though.

Anne4Terry Sep 22nd 2005 2:13 pm

All hail to Scossie the great one! Can't wait to get to Oz to meet you, I think we will get along just dandy :D Well said, old man. Ooops not so old then seeing as you have been a great help to me :o

OzTennis Sep 22nd 2005 2:14 pm

But.......

Enough is enough!

In Australia:

I'd agree with most of what you say but I feel there is going to be posts along the lines of I'm not moaning, I'm just saying how it really is, what's the point of just getting all the rose tinted stuff? :D

You've got to admit though, the Cadbury's tastes 'better' in the UK, Marmite is better than Vegemite, the service is so much better from all UK businesses, dental care is so much cheaper and better in the UK, footy is not an international game, the TV is lousy, the newspapers are rubbish, they don't have Tesco, M&S undies........................... :D

I'm reminded of that old Aussie joke 'how do you know when a plane is full of poms (the term always meant English when I was growing up)'? The whining doesn't stop when the engines are turned off. Stereotypical I know but I see many trying to fit the cap so they can wear it. And yes, Aussies do moan but I wouldn't class it as bordering on a national pastime. :D

OzTennis :)

webgum Sep 22nd 2005 2:14 pm

Re: the Perth weather thread. Don't you think that most on that thread were just mucking aboot? We all have 'moments' and its seems that the most dangerous place to have a 'moment' is on BE because its all taken so literally. We all moan about things at some time or other.

Bet you've moaned (to yourself, your family, your friends) about all manner of things at some point.

The trouble with a moan in print is that its PERMANENT. Not just a passing thought.

Note to self and others - only post serious, permanent thoughts on BE, OR ELSE.

Pollyana Sep 22nd 2005 2:20 pm

I found a site the other day for Americans living in the UK, and it was quite revealing - they moan about the same things - weather, shops, clothes - there was even a whole thread on cheese!!!

I wish I was PR, get it in February, all being well, and that will make life easier on the job front. The job I have was brilliant till this week, when they reorganised the department and gave me a sh*te job instead - but that could have happened equally in the UK.
I'm also feeling VERY lonely - all those lovely Brissie Drinking Girls - where are you??? Am I the only Brissie person of a female persuasion that likes a drink???

I agree that most Aussies are nice people - I've met some lovely ones recently, as I've also met some lovely Poms. However, I'm also now working for a Pom who thinks he's still in the army, and 14 hour days are too short, and working with an Aussie who thinks my sole role in life is to sort out the office dishwasher.

I'm not dissatisfied with my life here, as I've said before, I love Australia (though I'm not sure it agrees with me healthwise). The problems I have here are problems I could have anywhere in the world - and maybe others are feeling like this? The forum has become a place for us to sound off about life in general, not necessarily about life in Oz?

desperate2go Sep 22nd 2005 2:21 pm

Sorry to swim against the tide here guys...but i think your being a little harsh.
I would like to think, that when i get over there and I am having a particularly bad time (of which im sure there will be- just as there are anywhere) that I will be able to have the odd moan about things :rolleyes:
Maybe its the whingers vs the rose tints thing :p but it seems unfair to expect EVERYONE to go over and love it and if they dont maybe some people are interested in the reasons why, rather than just hearing a biased viewpoint.
I am more than happy to hear both sides of the argument :)

bridiej Sep 22nd 2005 2:21 pm

There's only a handful of posts that I tend to read now as I get a bit fed up of hearing about how crap such and such a suburb/town/city/state is.

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story but I really want to make my own mind up and not be clouded by other people's opinions. :)