Reload this Page >

Missing Box from container

Missing Box from container

Old May 19th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Missing Box from container

Anyone had a whole box gone missing?
Had sole use of container and when delivered it was unchecked by the Oz company on the list they gave me to check off as they brought the boxes in, they hadn't sighted it. Seems strange how a whole numbered box went into the container at our house but when it was emptied here it wasn't in the container?

They said to just claim but I know what was in the box and claiming any money won't replace it, sentimental and unreplaceable rather than monetary valuable.
Old May 19th 2010, 10:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Box from container

Originally Posted by tramway
Had sole use of container and when delivered it was unchecked by the Oz company on the list they gave me to check off as they brought the boxes in, they hadn't sighted it. Seems strange how a whole numbered box went into the container at our house but when it was emptied here it wasn't in the container?

They said to just claim but I know what was in the box and claiming any money won't replace it, sentimental and unreplaceable rather than monetary valuable.
Could well have been unloaded for AQIS/Customs and not re-loaded?
Old May 19th 2010, 11:33 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

We lost a double extension ladder (20ft) between loading the container and it arriving at our home to be unpacked. The removals company (this end) eventually found it after about 2 months (we were withholding final payment) and they even delivered it to our home. Hopefully they find your box - it could well be lying around the customs inspection area of the warehouse.
Old May 19th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by tramway

This fills me with dread, we have removals coming in next week, whilst we have stuff that is of no real value; as you say it is sentimental value. Guess I should just live in hope everything will arrive and in one piece!

Out of interest who did you use?
Old May 19th 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ya thinking it can only be customs
Old May 19th 2010, 1:00 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we lost a whole heap of stuff......that I'd asked about and declared, but was still a bit dodgy. We too thought they had been stolen...but were being passed by aquis.

Jan
Old May 19th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Surely they have to be accountable as its obvious it was them, you can't just walk off with a whole numbered box under your arm without anybody noticing esp with security cameras.
Think I would be allowed to ask for the security footage to be looked at, like I say its not just a few bits missing but a whole box.
Really annoying.
Old May 19th 2010, 9:22 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked your boxes to see if one box has 2 numbers on it, this some times happens when the guy doing the listing , loses track of were he was.............??........mm
Old May 19th 2010, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

No unfortunately not the case as I know what was in that box
Old May 19th 2010, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

May be didn't go in the container in UK....but in to the back of someones car?

Did you make the removals men lots of bacon butties to keep them happy packers?

Otherwise I would suggest its not got transfered from one container to the other as its passed through AQIS...or got nicked from the container if trans-shipped through Singapore.

Airlines loose bags, shippers loose stuff too. Still a pain in the arse though.
Old May 20th 2010, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Emailed them plus copied everybody involved along the line including all their head offices & they said they "are looking into it" so have to wait & see
Old May 20th 2010, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

I was checking off our list as they unloaded the container this end. Completely different container as it had been in storage for a little while. We had shipped over 2 kayaks which blatantly weren't in the container. They rang the office and they just hadn't been put back after quarantine treatment. they find your stuff.
Old May 20th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
I was checking off our list as they unloaded the container this end. Completely different container as it had been in storage for a little while. We had shipped over 2 kayaks which blatantly weren't in the container. They rang the office and they just hadn't been put back after quarantine treatment. they find your stuff.
Cheers fingers plus toes crossed, thing is we cleared customs with nothing pulled up
Old May 24th 2010, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Missing Box from container

Shipping co here (after me chasing them as they haven't bothered to get back since mid last week) are bluntly saying its not at their warehouse and it wasn't sighted by them so basically has nothing to do with them just claim on insurance.

Asked about the security footage and said there possibly is some not sure but you will not get to see it if there is anyway so I mentioned the P word as its obviously theft and was told "if you want to go down that line then do so but don't think they would be interested".

The cheek of them.

It def went on the container at our hse sealed so it vanished at sea with the seal still intact (according to shipping co here) when it docked at Sydney.
Its the blatant couldn't give a **** thats getting to me now.
Old May 24th 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone know where we stand on saying we want to see the security footage, can they legally deny us?? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.