Migraleve

Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:47 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Question Migraleve

Hi

does anyone know if Migravele (the pink and yellow migrane tablets) is available in Australia? If not does anyone know a good paracetamol based alternative?

thanks

Mel
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough

Hi Mel

I suffer from migraines and take a tablet called Excredin Migraine which is actually from America but you can order it over the internet at www.excredrin.com I think.... might be worth a try if all else fails!!!

Jo
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Migraleve

Hi Mel,

I am a Pharmacist here in the UK and sell plenty of Migraleve everyday. The Yellow tablets are exactly the same as co-codamol 8/500 ( 8mg Codeine / 500mg Paracetamol) that you can buy over the counter from the Pharmacy while the Pink ones have an antiemetic ( antisickness) Buclazine. ( U prob already knew that) and these ingredients are all available OTC in Australia.

I cannot be sure if U can buy it as Migraleve ( i can find out for u as I have Pharmacist Colleagues there) but I can assure you that you will find something similar if not exactly the same out there ( whereby u might have to take a combination of two tablets)

I would save ur money and only buy pink ones and then buy cheap co-codamol instead of the yellow ones.
let me know if u need any more info..

saloni
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jo

have just looked up excredin and it happens to be exactly the same as Anadin extra ( paracetamol, Asprin and caffeine) might be cheaper and more convinient to get those instead of getting over internet...hope that helps....

americans call paracetamol another name so is confusing ( call it acitomenaphene)

take care
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:34 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Hi Mel

I suffer from migraines and take a tablet called Excredin Migraine which is actually from America but you can order it over the internet at www.excredrin.com I think.... might be worth a try if all else fails!!!

Jo
thanks Jo
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:36 pm
Hussy

Originally posted by salonit
Hi Mel,

I am a Pharmacist here in the UK and sell plenty of Migraleve everyday. The Yellow tablets are exactly the same as co-codamol 8/500 ( 8mg Codeine / 500mg Paracetamol) that you can buy over the counter from the Pharmacy while the Pink ones have an antiemetic ( antisickness) Buclazine. ( U prob already knew that) and these ingredients are all available OTC in Australia.

I cannot be sure if U can buy it as Migraleve ( i can find out for u as I have Pharmacist Colleagues there) but I can assure you that you will find something similar if not exactly the same out there ( whereby u might have to take a combination of two tablets)

I would save ur money and only buy pink ones and then buy cheap co-codamol instead of the yellow ones.
let me know if u need any more info..

saloni
thanks Saloni

I will print out this message and take it to a chemist in Oz so that I can be sure I get the right stuff

I rarely use the yellow tablets as 2 pink ones generally gets rid of a migrane.

cheers

Mel
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

And here I was thinking it was some kind of migration leave!!!

Sorry its Friday - I always take a funny turn on a Friday!!!

Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi found exact replica of migraleve in Australia

called Migrex Pink

and you can also get Migrex Yellow

exactly same as Migraleve Pink and Yellow Respectively.

Theres my good deed for the day!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2003, 3:04 pm
Hussy

Originally posted by rizalan

I think we all get those!

Mel
Old Aug 15th 2003, 3:05 pm
Hussy

Originally posted by salonit
hi found exact replica of migraleve in Australia

called Migrex Pink

and you can also get Migrex Yellow

exactly same as Migraleve Pink and Yellow Respectively.

Theres my good deed for the day!!!!!!!!
You are an absolute star!

It took me so long to find a tablet that got rid of my migranes in the UK, I was really not looking forward to having to try them all again in Aus to find the right one

thanks so much

Mel
Old Aug 15th 2003, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by rizalan

thats really funny !!!!!!! lol
Old Aug 15th 2003, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mika24me
You are an absolute star!

It took me so long to find a tablet that got rid of my migranes in the UK, I was really not looking forward to having to try them all again in Aus to find the right one

thanks so much

Mel

Mel,
No probs at all! anytime u need advice just PM me - its not everyday people go out of their way to help each other and when they its very nice!!! I have got a lot of help from this forum and would like to help people if I can!!!!!!
saloni
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:50 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Plastic surgery may lift pain of migraines
Old Aug 17th 2003, 2:47 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Plastic surgery may lift pain of migraines

ah bugger - I found being sterlised did the trick

eg no more bloody pill

but never mind I like my wrinkles

Cheers