Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Sorry Kapri, just realised we swaspped PMs a while back.

There is a bit of a revamp of community mental health at the moment. In patient unit is always busy. Lots of English working here too.

Mail me with any questions.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

pippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud of

PaulB - did we have a natter walking back from Fisherman's beach last week? (cub scouts).

Been in Oz for a month, first couple of weeks in Mount Martha and now in the centre of Mornington. I'm just completing my '1st month in Oz' post, but it seems to grow every time I look at it.

This area is fantastic - lots of lovely beaches and plenty for the kids to do.

David
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me that new roads do not necessarily guarantee a speedier trip in to the city.

Traffic soon increases to meet and fill capacity(!)

If I drive I go at sparrows fart and this is the way it will always operate for me.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 2:02 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Then i'd better put the kettle on for you and yours

Jen
Can you make it lunch as well please.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 2:04 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulb
Sorry Kapri, just realised we swaspped PMs a while back.

There is a bit of a revamp of community mental health at the moment. In patient unit is always busy. Lots of English working here too.

Mail me with any questions.
Where do you work?

I'm with Swingshift Agency (psych part of the Australian Nursing Agency) and so travel to lots of hospitals ...though mainly work in the Alfred and the Monash
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 2:35 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We're in Melbourne and have been since Aug 05 and loving it. We 've moved out to Gippsland country and live in Pakenham which is on the edge of the Gippsland countryside.

Lorraine
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:00 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Maybe I will meet you at Britvics meet when we are over?
Yes although you dont need to wait for a Britvics meet
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Pearl, what's RDNS
It's Royal District Nursing Service - I'm working for them on casual bank.

Ruth
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
Yes although you dont need to wait for a Britvics meet

Thanks so much that is kind of you

Cheryl
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pippin lara
PaulB - did we have a natter walking back from Fisherman's beach last week? (cub scouts).

Been in Oz for a month, first couple of weeks in Mount Martha and now in the centre of Mornington. I'm just completing my '1st month in Oz' post, but it seems to grow every time I look at it.

This area is fantastic - lots of lovely beaches and plenty for the kids to do.

David
Dont think so, but Im open to a natter

If you have kids, the 'young bairns wife club' meet every Friday if that helps
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I'm currently registering with the nurses board of Victoria. Once that is done I need to get a job. I can't decide whether to apply for a job in the Eastern suburbs (live nr Dandenong ranges) or Frankston (live Mornington Peninsular).
It's doing my head in! Aaagghh!
Don't panic!! They are both lovely areas. Spend some time in both when you arrive and hopefully you'll just get a feel for one of them We had a very strong pull towards the hills - even though I thought I'd definitely be by the beach
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hi guys,

We're REALLY struggling to find short term cheap accomodation when we arrive. Anyone who's already there got any ideas?????

*pearly*
We stayed in a 2 bed fully self-contained cabin at Chelsea Caravan Park when we arrived. I think, as we stayed for over 4 weeks, it was around $260a week in Feb/March 06.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:26 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

have managed to book City Edge Apartments in East Melbourne ( fully furnished and serviced and in a really nice area ) for about £470 for 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are in the city so central for all the tramming and training we'll be doing in the first 2 weeks when we're looking for a 6 month rental. The apartments were actually the cheapest furnished accomodation I could find so be prepared folks to part with your hard cash.

Cheers guys,

*pearly*
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hi guys,

have managed to book City Edge Apartments in East Melbourne ( fully furnished and serviced and in a really nice area ) for about £470 for 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are in the city so central for all the tramming and training we'll be doing in the first 2 weeks when we're looking for a 6 month rental. The apartments were actually the cheapest furnished accomodation I could find so be prepared folks to part with your hard cash.

Cheers guys,

*pearly*
He Pearly, that's a brill price, , hope you get a rental ok
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lor
Can you make it lunch as well please.
Sure what would you like? Anyone else coming for lunch ????

Jen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.