Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I am moving to Adelaide, need some information

I am moving to Adelaide, need some information

Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Location: now I live in tehran-Iran. But I am moving to Adelaide.
azadeh.r is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I am moving to Adelaide, need some information

Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am moving to Adelaide, need some information

Originally Posted by azadeh.r
what kind of information?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Hello ham sharie, I use to live in Adelaide if you need any help let me know.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hello ham sharie, I use to live in Adelaide if you need any help let me know.
eeeeee, hi. actually i don't know any one there, so all info. i have comes from net. firstly, i want to know if homestay is OK for first month and also which part of the city is more suitable to live.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 17th 2011 at 11:02 am. Reason: Sorry, but you need to post in English only.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
what kind of information?
actually im a bit confused, I need to know what should i do when i arrive !!!!

Last edited by azadeh.r; Aug 17th 2011 at 10:49 am.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

eeeeee, hi. actually i don't know any one there, so all info. i have comes from net. firstly, i want to know if homestay is ok for first monyh and also which part of the city is more suitable to live
Are you coming over to study?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

actually im a bit confused, I need to know what should i do when i arrive !!!!
That's a really big question, and has lots of answers really. Let get started with a few question...

Which visa are you coming on? If a work one, do you have a job to come to? Do you have a spouse/partner, any kids?
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:26 am
Just Joined

no, i m coming to live and work. I m project planning and control engineer.

Last edited by azadeh.r; Aug 20th 2011 at 7:29 am.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
That's a really big question, and has lots of answers really. Let get started with a few question...

Which visa are you coming on? If a work one, do you have a job to come to? Do you have a spouse/partner, any kids?
I'm coming as a skill worker, I'm not married so I m by myself. I am looking in some job seeking sites, but I've not posted my CV yet. and I'll be in Adelaide by first of October.

Last edited by azadeh.r; Aug 20th 2011 at 7:59 am.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:34 am
Just Joined

no asnwer ?!!!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Book some accomodation for the first few weeks, then hire/buy a car and drive round and work out where you'd like to live. Brighton is nice, I chose it as it's right on the beach.

When you get here, buy a copy of the Advertiser on a Saturday as it has the job pages in.

Make your way down Hindley St on a Friday/Saturday night and find a prospective wife.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by xzibit
Book some accomodation for the first few weeks, then hire/buy a car and drive round and work out where you'd like to live. Brighton is nice, I chose it as it's right on the beach.

When you get here, buy a copy of the Advertiser on a Saturday as it has the job pages in.

Make your way down Hindley St on a Friday/Saturday night and find a prospective wife.
We lived in somerton park, loved the area but a bit pricey even 4,5 years ago, maybe up north might be cheaper.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xzibit

thanks xzibit for your help

Last edited by azadeh.r; Aug 27th 2011 at 4:55 am.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:54 am
Just Joined

We lived in somerton park, loved the area but a bit pricey even 4,5 years ago, maybe up north might be cheaper.
i will try it. thanks
Old Aug 27th 2011, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i will try it. thanks
Not long now eh!?

The weather is warming up nicely for you. Been beautiful this week

Since you're single just find somewhere really cheap to stay for the first few weeks. Perhaps an apartment or something?

As for jobs, maybe register with a few agencies as well as going straight to employers.

I'd stay pretty central until you find work, then look to moving near where you work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.