Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne: ADSL Adapter for wall socket of type 610

Melbourne: ADSL Adapter for wall socket of type 610

Old Aug 31st 2006, 2:57 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Melbourne: ADSL Adapter for wall socket of type 610

Hi all:
I got my adsl line activated and brought the relevant hardware. I got the ADSL line splitter as well...Got all..but not all.
All was good except I did not realize that the wall socket of the phone is lousy 610 style (Old Telstra) port.

What I want is to connect my phone cable (which is also old style) to the new adapter and then hook my ADSL cable.
The adapter must also have a line filter. So that the phone user will not get disturbance.
The config I want is:
610-->Adapter (w/ filter) ----> RJ11 (ADSL)
Adapter (w/ filter) ----> 610 (Phone line)
Could someone quickly let me know which shop sells the adapter in Melbourne around CBD?
I want the cheapest one.

Cheers,
BartSimpson

Last edited by BartSimpson; Aug 31st 2006 at 3:00 am.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne: ADSL Adapter for wall socket of type 610

Jaycar..... Better than dicksmiths.... tandy ..... and everyone else.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/

Should be a branch near you.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:50 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Melbourne: ADSL Adapter for wall socket of type 610

Thanks Bud.,
I will go today and have a look.
Appreciate your quick response...

Cheers mate.
BartSimpson.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Jaycar..... Better than dicksmiths.... tandy ..... and everyone else.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/

Should be a branch near you.