Melbourne?

Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Ron in Aus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne?

I have accepted an interview in Melbourne and I was hoping for some info on where to live.

We presently live in Adelaide in the hills, which is 20 mins to city but placed right in the countryside.
Something like this (I don't mind a longer comute) would be fantastic. We would like an area with good primary and secondary schools.

If anybody knows of anywhere like this, or anywhere that is fantastic to live please let us know.

Regards.

Ronnie.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:34 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne?

Originally Posted by Ron in Aus
I have accepted an interview in Melbourne and I was hoping for some info on where to live.

We presently live in Adelaide in the hills, which is 20 mins to city but placed right in the countryside.
Something like this (I don't mind a longer comute) would be fantastic. We would like an area with good primary and secondary schools.

If anybody knows of anywhere like this, or anywhere that is fantastic to live please let us know.

Regards.

Ronnie.
Takes me 20 mins to get to city and I am less than 10km from CBD.

Will you be working in CBD or outside?

Have you an expected price range?

Bush before beach or vice versa?

Would you give up car to travel by train?

Like all cities longer the commute the more cheaper the rent/mortgage and also further from the beach.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Ummm, seeing your name's "Geelong" gent, I gather your from Geelong, which is not 10km's from the city!!!
I live in Williamstown, and am probably more than 10 k's than you.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Countryside could be around an hour out of the City in rush hour (though as little as 20 minutes on a Sunday) but there are plenty of rural areas around, for instance in the North East: Donvale, Warrandyte, Eltham, Lilydale or in the Dandenongs: Ferny Creek, Sassafras, Olinda and many other beautiful villages.

I haven't mentioned the lovely and popular coastal towns because I'm no expert on them though now Eastlink has opened I can't wait to get to the beach more often.

Where's the vacancy? Some places are best accessed by train while others if they're not in the CBD may be more accessible from different suburbs.

As for schools we live in Donvale where there are acre blocks and we have experience of excellent (academic; fee paying, public or religious; and/or pastoral) primary schools in Park Orchards, North Ringwood, Templestowe, etc. and senior schools in Ringwood - Luther, Tintern (girls) and Southwood (boys )(all private) , Box Hill (Our Lady of Sion, Box Hill High School), Doncaster (East Doncaster and Doncaster Colleges).

Let me know if I can be of more help and if you're looking for accommodation in the area.

Good luck with the interview.

Carolyn
Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Ron in Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

Thanks for reply's.

The company is situated in Dandenong South, so anywhere within an hours drive would be good.

Thanks again.

Ronnie.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

just to let you know that Dandenong South aint in Melbourne....
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:48 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talbot
Ummm, seeing your name's "Geelong" gent, I gather your from Geelong, which is not 10km's from the city!!!
I live in Williamstown, and am probably more than 10 k's than you.
Hi Talbot, we are in Malvern east, but support the cats
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:49 am
Has left the building

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
just to let you know that Dandenong South aint in Melbourne....
CBD

any where along the new east link willbe fine for you ron
Old Jul 5th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

The Mornington Peninsula has countryside and beaches and the commute to Dandenong South wouldn't be bad at all.

I would suggest South Frankston, Mt.Eliza, Mornington and Mt.Martha to start with. That's not to say they are the only good places on the peninsula and it all depends on what exactly you're looking for, budget, type of housing etc. If you're looking for acreage there's plenty if you go inland a bit but you would have to take into account school runs and catchment areas etc.

Frankston High School http://www.fhs.vic.edu.au/ has a good rep and there are several primary schools in the area too which also have good reps (Mt.Eliza, Mt.Eliza North, Derinya, Kunyung) If you are looking for private high schools Peninsula Private and Woodleigh in Baxter may be worth looking at.

I've always found this http://www3.visitvictoria.com/displa...047C/vvt.vhtml handy.

Last edited by Caroline G; Jul 5th 2008 at 5:19 am.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ron in Aus
Hi.

Thanks for reply's.

The company is situated in Dandenong South, so anywhere within an hours drive would be good.

Thanks again.

Ronnie.
The villages in and around the Dandenong Ranges would be around 30 mins drive. It's a really beautiful area
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:06 am
Has left the building

Originally Posted by The Crow
The villages in and around the Dandenong Ranges would be around 30 mins drive. It's a really beautiful area
Just watch out for the basin

Full of mad women and strippers

But nice coffee and cake
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent

But nice coffee and cake
I like The Basin - sister lived there for years before upgrading to Boronia
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:38 am
Has left the building

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Just a friendly windup to our local Gal
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Upgrading so, she now a 'bogan from Boronia'
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent

But nice coffee and cake
I hear the strippers are back next month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.