Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals in the north west

Medicals in the north west

Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice
Default Medicals in the north west

We've finally been requested to get our medicals and chest x-rays completed and I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with the doctors listed in the north west.

Not expecting any problems, but could do with seeing a doctor who is a bit lenient on those who are carrying a few extra pounds!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals in the north west

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
We've finally been requested to get our medicals and chest x-rays completed and I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with the doctors listed in the north west.

Not expecting any problems, but could do with seeing a doctor who is a bit lenient on those who are carrying a few extra pounds!
Hi,
We live in Liverpool and had a choice of either Liverpool which was quite expensive Manchester which a lot of people on here recommeded or Huddersfield we chose Huddersfield just because they seemed nice on the phone and i could not fault them at all. We had a lovely day, a nice drive out to the gp surgery its a husband and wife that done ours. The lady doc saw me and teenage daughter and she was lovely and really but my daughter at ease who was a bit embrassed by the whole thing. The man doc saw my OH and little boy and he was just as nice and was really good with my little boy especially the eye test. We then went down the road aboout 5 mins away to the Bupa hospital which was very impressive for the xrays, I'm not sure now whether they still do them in the hospital right next door to the doctors surgery and they were fully booked when we went or they have stopped doing them now so check it out. Oh and you just park in the car park outsde the surgery as well which was good. Bupa then send the xrays on to docs and you can either arrange a courier to pick them up when ready or they send them we chose a courier even though its more expensive and they told us lots of people just send them normally we did'nt want to risk it. So all in all it was a very nice day and they both seem like nice understanding doctors so try and not worry it will all be over soon and you'll have your visa just like us. From laine.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

We went to see Dr Milliom at Manchester last Sept. He is ok, a little sarky but very friendly and is used to people walking in like a gibbering mess. Both of us were carrying an extra love handles and he was ok with this. You can be a little overweight but as long as your BMI is under 40 (which he states is very heavily overweight) then Oz have no problems. He hardly did anything, no "cough" sir for OH!!, he just did reflexes, weight, and a few other bits. He is very discreet and for females he lets them strip to underwear behind a curtain and then hop on to bed and cover themselves with a blanket. Our friends saw Dr Smith. he was a bit more thorough but just as friendly although he had to "cough" for the Dr!! Xray is ok too.
If you drive you can park on John Street and pay the meter ( approx £1.50) or get the train to Deansgate and walk up.
All in all ok although it was painful parting with that much cash for a little bit of an examination (worth it though when visa comes through). I had to pay an extra £50 cos I needed extra blood tests for belly piercing and work within emergency services (standard requirement).
He sends meds off and informs you of when to phone for results and courier ref so that you can trace meds getting to Oz. Ours were there within 10 days of meds.
If you need anything, please feel free to pm.
Good luck and dont worry. The "Down Under" bar is round the corner if you fancy a beer afterwards!!!
Watty'n'Arls
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Hi there,

Just so you know, the doctor here in the UK doesnt do a "report" as such. He takes all the info and they are sent to Sydney for thier docs to look through them and report back to your Case Officer.

Good luck!

Hayley
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Dr Millon Manchester

He's an arse but he'll get you through lol

good luck you wont need it

I am carrying saddle bags lol

lace xx
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wigan Warrior

My husband used Dr Million in Manchester aswell, he said he was a nice guy and put him at ease. I didn't need the medical as I'm an OZ citizen.

Whereabouts in Wigan are you? We live in Ashton. Do you know that there is a Lancashire meet on 1st April at the Harvester Pub on the Middlebrook Retail Park, Bolton?

Louise
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:42 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with your thread but I just thought I'd laugh my balls of at your shite rugby team. As a supporter of the WCC of course it's my obligation
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:28 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Hi, we used Dr Smith in Mcr, very good even though he fondled my bollocks!!

Best thing is you can do x-rays in same building & park outside.
Sim
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:36 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simnmax
Hi, we used Dr Smith in Mcr, very good even though he fondled my bollocks!!

Best thing is you can do x-rays in same building & park outside.
Sim
Hey I want a refund he didn't fondle mine!!!!!!!!
I went and had a nice day in Manchester on the beer and my wife did a bit of shopping.
I would rate DR Smith really nice set up all done in one place medical and x-ray.
Gary
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

Originally Posted by louise
Hi Wigan Warrior

My husband used Dr Million in Manchester aswell, he said he was a nice guy and put him at ease. I didn't need the medical as I'm an OZ citizen.

Whereabouts in Wigan are you? We live in Ashton. Do you know that there is a Lancashire meet on 1st April at the Harvester Pub on the Middlebrook Retail Park, Bolton?

Louise
We are currently living Ince. I wasn't aware of the meet up at the Harveter, thanks for the heads up.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi

We went to see Dr Milliom at Manchester last Sept. He is ok, a little sarky but very friendly and is used to people walking in like a gibbering mess. Both of us were carrying an extra love handles and he was ok with this. You can be a little overweight but as long as your BMI is under 40 (which he states is very heavily overweight) then Oz have no problems. He hardly did anything, no "cough" sir for OH!!, he just did reflexes, weight, and a few other bits. He is very discreet and for females he lets them strip to underwear behind a curtain and then hop on to bed and cover themselves with a blanket. Our friends saw Dr Smith. he was a bit more thorough but just as friendly although he had to "cough" for the Dr!! Xray is ok too.
If you drive you can park on John Street and pay the meter ( approx £1.50) or get the train to Deansgate and walk up.
All in all ok although it was painful parting with that much cash for a little bit of an examination (worth it though when visa comes through). I had to pay an extra £50 cos I needed extra blood tests for belly piercing and work within emergency services (standard requirement).
He sends meds off and informs you of when to phone for results and courier ref so that you can trace meds getting to Oz. Ours were there within 10 days of meds.
If you need anything, please feel free to pm.
Good luck and dont worry. The "Down Under" bar is round the corner if you fancy a beer afterwards!!!
Watty'n'Arls
Out of interest, how much are we talking for the medicals?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

RichnK8 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had the medicals done in Manchester on Friday. We saw Dr Smith, same practice as Dr Million. He was extremely pleasant. Great benefit with Manchester was they do the x-rays as well so we got it all done at one go.

We paid £970 for 6 medicals and 6 x-rays, including blood tests.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

We're heading to manchester shortly to have our medicals.
Costs about £660, there is 2 adults and 3 kids. My eldest 11, will have to have almost a full medical.
hth
Rob
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

fillinghams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Dr Million was great very friendly and put things into perspective. If you are fit to work here, why wont you be fit to work over there?

You may have a problem, that ferking rugby team you follow. You should be rejected on mental health grounds. Fancy supporting a minority sport in a town like Wigan, a town that is now far more famous for its football team than its egg chasing fools.

Good luck.

Craig, a Latics fan
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

kirrane is on a distinguished road

used dr brendon smith in manchester . they were very good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.