Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical conditions and London waiting times

Medical conditions and London waiting times

Old Nov 25th 2001, 8:04 am
simon

1.Does anyone know if there are guidelines for how serious a medical condition must be before it leads to refusal of a p.r. visa, or is this decision just made by the examining doctor at the time.

2. Spoke to DIMA office last week, they told me they are still dealing with Sep/Oct 2000 applications and she also thought the 15 month waiting time now given was likely to be optimistic. Since new pr applications are now going to Adelaide resourses in London have been cut accordingly.

Old Nov 25th 2001, 5:30 pm
Pierre

All depends on the amount of money the panel doctors think you are going to cost
Australian society. The expected cost should not be more than AU$ 16,000 over the
next five years, nor should it ever become more than that over a five year period.
All to is to be judged by an Australian Panel Doctor.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 26th 2001, 10:23 am
Tony Hutchins

It is NOT the examining doctor who makes the decision ,he simply passes his findings
on. I have angina and have had angioplasty and angiograms in the past but because I
have had no problems for a number of years I passed ok.Hope this removes some worries
you may have.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >