Reload this Page >

Mechanical Engineer Perth

Mechanical Engineer Perth

Old May 3rd 2017, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

cartwrightPerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mechanical Engineer Perth

Hi All,

I am new to the forum, apologise if this is in the wrong place.

I am a project engineer / mechanical engineer from the England and I am wanting to move the Perth, WA. This is possibly information that is already detailed on the forum but I am wanting advise on Visa and a lot of information required but I just want to know what I am getting myself into.

I have a BEng Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited UK university covered under the Sydney Accord. I will be required to submit my information to engineers Australia for an assessment then submit EOI for a visa.

I am wanting to know if anyone has done this recently, the steps involved with this and costs. Did you use a migration expert or do it yourself?

The assessment asks for IELTS score but I believe I am exempt as UK Citizen with a British Passport.

Me and my partner are wanting to go soon and are unsure weather to apply for HWV for now an apply for a PR visa once we are in the country. Is this possible?
Old May 4th 2017, 1:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mechanical Engineer Perth

Originally Posted by cartwrightPerth
Hi All,

I am new to the forum, apologise if this is in the wrong place.

I am a project engineer / mechanical engineer from the England and I am wanting to move the Perth, WA. This is possibly information that is already detailed on the forum but I am wanting advise on Visa and a lot of information required but I just want to know what I am getting myself into.

I have a BEng Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited UK university covered under the Sydney Accord. I will be required to submit my information to engineers Australia for an assessment then submit EOI for a visa.

I am wanting to know if anyone has done this recently, the steps involved with this and costs. Did you use a migration expert or do it yourself?

The assessment asks for IELTS score but I believe I am exempt as UK Citizen with a British Passport.

Me and my partner are wanting to go soon and are unsure weather to apply for HWV for now an apply for a PR visa once we are in the country. Is this possible?
I work in project engineering in Perth - now is not the time to be moving here. There has been a massive downturn in this industry due to the slowdown in resources. Although things are slowly on the up, there are enough local engineers to pick up the slack and virtually no requirement for migrants. This situation will probably change in the medium-term but not yet

If you are from an English-speaking country, there is no need to do IELTS - although I believe you get more points if you do. Your British passport is irrelevant when it comes to migration. It offers you no advantage and it has been this way since at least the 1980s

Good luck
Old May 4th 2017, 6:48 am
Just Joined

cartwrightPerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mechanical Engineer Perth

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I work in project engineering in Perth - now is not the time to be moving here. There has been a massive downturn in this industry due to the slowdown in resources. Although things are slowly on the up, there are enough local engineers to pick up the slack and virtually no requirement for migrants. This situation will probably change in the medium-term but not yet

If you are from an English-speaking country, there is no need to do IELTS - although I believe you get more points if you do. Your British passport is irrelevant when it comes to migration. It offers you no advantage and it has been this way since at least the 1980s

Good luck
I will be pursuing this move still but it will take 1-2 years hopefully it will have picked up a bit. Once I am over there is it worth getting any job for aussie work experience or will it look negative that I have took a job that is not related to what I do.

When did you move over and how was the process? Did you use a migration agent and are they worth it?

Thanks