Mandurah

Old Apr 24th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mandurah

Originally Posted by Guptanv
Hi,

We have applied for 475 Visa, through internet searching the place we are heading is Mandurah.Any inputs how is the place?

Sure I have searched for school.. have son (11) and daughter (15)

Tc
We live a 20-minute drive from Mandurah and think it is a wonderful place. Over the summer we have been going there every other week. Even went there for the New Year's Eve celebrations which included a firework display,musical entertainment and food stalls. Brilliant atmosphere. The place was packed.

The foreshore is fantastic - plenty of places to eat/drink with water views and great for a leisurely stroll. Could quite happily live in one of the beautiful apartments in the Venetian canal-style area.

Considered buying a block of land in nearby Seascapes estate in Halls Head close to the ocean but decided too far to commute to Perth. Hubby works in Osborne Park and I started a job in the CBD last week and commute by train from Warnbro - next stop from Mandurah.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Most of Mandurah suburbs are fine. Halls Head is very popular, Sea Scapes is a new suburb and has some nice pre built houses that are very good and not bad priced. Also a lot of blocks of land. Port Bouvard / Wannanup is good. We are in Southport which is great though not as child friendly as furthest from schools and things but very peaceful.
Old May 21st 2012, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guptanv
By profession I am Training Manager (IT, BPO, KPO etc kind of training department handling)

So really cannot figure out if I get same profession job in Mandurah. If not then I have to search standby jobs till i get one.
Not sure if this is any help, how about working at Peel (Mandurah) Challenger Institute of Technology as a lecturer: http://www.challenger.wa.edu.au/Work...eelRegion.aspx

or at this training venue in Mandurah: http://www.e2c.net.au/
Old May 21st 2012, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed in Mandurah for work a few weeks back. I live in Sydney so I was quite interested to see what the west was all about. One night I found a local pub that had local musicians playing all night. I thought that was pretty cool and not something I expected to see outside of the big smoke - and I wouldn't call Perth the big smoke. It's a bit artificial in terms of the housing and architecture but seemed a pleasant place. Kind of settle down with the wife, kids and dog, don't do too much except enjoy the outdoors type place.
Old May 26th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
One night I found a local pub that had local musicians playing all night. I thought that was pretty cool and not something I expected to see outside of the big smoke
You only found the one? Either you were at the "Ravo" (Ravenswood Hotel) on the Murray River - very popular with locals, especially in the summer, great having a pub lunch outside, boats moored up along the bank, families enjoying the live music. They have some good well-known acts on in the evenings too, you have to get in quick before they sell out. Or you were at Murphy's Irish Pub in the centre of Mandurah, overlooking the foreshore and estuary, great pub, lovely owners, great food and something happening every night, whether live bands or quiz nights, we go there a lot (and we're not really pub people). And there are other places too, just can't think of them right now.
Old May 27th 2012, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacqui
You only found the one? Either you were at the "Ravo" (Ravenswood Hotel) on the Murray River - very popular with locals, especially in the summer, great having a pub lunch outside, boats moored up along the bank, families enjoying the live music. They have some good well-known acts on in the evenings too, you have to get in quick before they sell out. Or you were at Murphy's Irish Pub in the centre of Mandurah, overlooking the foreshore and estuary, great pub, lovely owners, great food and something happening every night, whether live bands or quiz nights, we go there a lot (and we're not really pub people). And there are other places too, just can't think of them right now.
I didn't go too far ... took the first one I came across which was the Brighton Hotel. Back in Mandurah for a few days this week. Perhaps I'll explore a little more.