British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Man and a van (Gold Coast) recommendations? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/man-van-gold-coast-recommendations-648747/)

GillyG Jan 12th 2010 10:07 am

Man and a van (Gold Coast) recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a man and a van (or 2 men!) service on the Gold Coast? We are moving from our unit to a duplex 10KM down the road. We don't ave loads of stuff, just basics to fill a small 2 bed unit.

Thanks!

Pollyana Jan 12th 2010 11:50 am

Re: Man and a van (Gold Coast) recommendations?

Originally Posted by GillyG (Post 8240851)
Can anyone recommend a man and a van (or 2 men!) service on the Gold Coast? We are moving from our unit to a duplex 10KM down the road. We don't ave loads of stuff, just basics to fill a small 2 bed unit.

Thanks!

Employ someone with proper insurance etc, even if it costs more. If you go for a "man with a van" please please make sure that whatever he hits or whatever damage he does, he is fully insured.

sa2uk2oz Jan 12th 2010 8:41 pm

hi.. where u moving to now? more south or north? cheers

Letspretend.... Jan 12th 2010 10:33 pm

Hi be careful if you get somebody from the paper, get a price as they charge by the hour and dont rush! They charge you from the time they leave the last job and the ones I had tried to charge us travel to the next job double dipping!

Jan4kids Jan 13th 2010 2:43 am

Why not hire a trailer and do it yourselves?...maybe pay( in beer or a meal out) some friends with a bit of muscle to help you?

Jan

GillyG Jan 13th 2010 3:02 am

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz (Post 8242752)
hi.. where u moving to now? more south or north? cheers

Hi! We have bought a house in Oxenford so just south of where we are living now xxx

[QUOTE=Jan4kids;8243542]Why not hire a trailer and do it yourselves?...maybe pay (in beer or a meal out) some friends with a bit of muscle to help you?

We have 2x beds, sofa, fridge, 20 or so tea chests so would struggle to find a big enough trailer I think (?) Plus only been here a few months so don't have that many friends that I can ask to help :rofl::rofl:

sa2uk2oz Jan 13th 2010 3:19 am

Hi G
we hired a van from one of those rental places, cost about $75 for the morning, and moved the stuff ourselves.. Surely J and C will help ... tell her i said so!!:thumbsup:

GillyG Jan 13th 2010 3:28 am

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz (Post 8243582)
Hi G
we hired a van from one of those rental places, cost about $75 for the morning, and moved the stuff ourselves.. Surely J and C will help ... tell her i said so!!:thumbsup:

I was thinking of doing that. What company did you use? (might have to PM me that one)

We are moving on a Friday so J and D will both be at work :(