Tasmania??

Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:55 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tasmania??

Hi just been looking at other options and would like to know if anyone else is heading for Tasmania and if they have any information to pass on that I may find useful?
Only just started looking at Tasmania so any help or info on websites etc appreciated!
I am a nurse too so will also post this on nursing forums to find out about nursing options and local hospitals.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:42 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania??

I take it from the lack of response that no one has been to Tasmania then or likes it?

I was looking at Hobart and it looks lovely they have four seasons and although it doesnt get over 21 degrees it is a beautiful place. I will keep looking at the web and trying to find info on it. Will do a reccie when I am in Perth...I could buy a house in Tassie on my wage alone and would struggle to rent in Perth so it is a good option for me.
Thanks for looking though xxx
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:06 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'm in Melbourne but know a few people in Tassie. Do a search using the keyword Tasmaia, and you'll see loads of threads, and get an idea of who is there
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Hi

Most of my rellies live in tasmania as thats where my family are from. Its a beautiful place and very much like the uk weather and country side. Hobart is a lovely city and if you go up the big hill(sorry forgot what its called lol) behind Hobart you get a fantastic view over Hobart and the surrounding areas. A lovely place to bring up little ones.

Hope this helps a bit.

Tracey x
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
I take it from the lack of response that no one has been to Tasmania then or likes it?

I was looking at Hobart and it looks lovely they have four seasons and although it doesnt get over 21 degrees it is a beautiful place. I will keep looking at the web and trying to find info on it. Will do a reccie when I am in Perth...I could buy a house in Tassie on my wage alone and would struggle to rent in Perth so it is a good option for me.
Hi
Just noticed your post about Tasmania, haven't been online for a while. We are applying to go to Tas, we visited last year and thought it was a lovely place to bring up our family. I have found some websites which I found interesting.
www.iris.tas.gov.au
www.leatherwoodonline.com
www.development.tas.gov
www.discovertasmania.com
www.tourtasmania.com
Good luck

Carina
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:04 pm
Banned

lord nigel is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of posts on Tassie, most positive, check search engine. lowest crime rate in OZ, little pollution crowds , traffic, great scenery, beaches, never gets too hot, but cold in winter.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi there. My family are considering Tasmania....and there's a few posters on here that are currently hoping to go there. We're hoping to do a reccie later this year so will let you know how it goes!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:16 pm
aza
Just Joined

aza is an unknown quantity at this point

i lived there for around 20 years so pm me if u wanna know anything.lived in hobart (well, kingston beach).
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Hi just been looking at other options and would like to know if anyone else is heading for Tasmania and if they have any information to pass on that I may find useful?
Only just started looking at Tasmania so any help or info on websites etc appreciated!
I am a nurse too so will also post this on nursing forums to find out about nursing options and local hospitals.
Hi,
I am a nurse and am looking at Tassie too.
We preferred Launceston to Hobart and I am hoping for a job in LGH.
Just waiting on skills assessment letter...
Cathy
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:22 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Tasmania??

I lived in Tassie for 15 years. It's a beautiful place, but the population is very small (around 500,000) and you may find it difficult to find work.

Scenery is stunning, water & air are both incredibly clean, 80% of electricity is generated by the hydro-electric plants and cattle growth hormones are banned, so the quality of the local produce tends to be very high. Lots of things to see and do if you're an outdoor type of person; not so good if you don't like cold weather and rain.

You can see a few photos of Tassie in my holiday thread, here.

For me, it falls into the category of "Love to visit, but wouldn't live here".

Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

although it doesnt get over 21 degrees
WRONG!!

Check out http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/tas/ for climate statistics.

Last month we were enjoying 35C+days.

There are some Tassie links on my blog if you're interested.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Tracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really nice

[QUOTE=OzzieNurse;4588219]I take it from the lack of response that no one has been to Tasmania then or likes it?

I was looking at Hobart and it looks lovely they have four seasons and although it doesnt get over 21 degrees it is a beautiful place.

Tassie dose get well over 21 degrees and for all that say about the rain
Hobart is the second dryest city in oz.

The nurses in Hobart hospital are also fantastic as i recently spent some
time there and they were great.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

For me, it falls into the category of "Love to visit, but wouldn't live here".

[/QUOTE]

Me too.

I really like Tasmania, couldn't live there for too long though. A year was enough to get a good feel of the place and to see the sights.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:51 am
Here at last!

Originally Posted by carina
Hi
Just noticed your post about Tasmania, haven't been online for a while. We are applying to go to Tas, we visited last year and thought it was a lovely place to bring up our family. I have found some websites which I found interesting.
www.iris.tas.gov.au
www.leatherwoodonline.com
www.development.tas.gov
www.discovertasmania.com
www.tourtasmania.com
Good luck

Carina
OMG thank you so much!
I am so convinced now this is where I want to be. I have never in my lifetime seen such beautiful scenery. I used to paint and lost my inspiration. I dont think this would be a problem in Tas and also the house prices are alot more reasonable!!!
I cant wait to go on my reccie!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:53 am
Here at last!

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
WRONG!!

Check out http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/tas/ for climate statistics.

Last month we were enjoying 35C+days.

There are some Tassie links on my blog if you're interested.
Sorry didnt mean to anger you The information I got about the 21 degrees was the average temperature from discover Tasmania webpages sorry I was mis informed I dont mind the heat was orignally heading for Perth or Queensland In fact this is good news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.