Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lots of Aussies living on rice

Lots of Aussies living on rice

Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lots of Aussies living on rice

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I had cous cous last night, felt proper decadent so I did.

Oh err, you at you, you're posh you are.

Originally Posted by cresta57
Grey Pays un Baercon
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oh err, you at you, you're posh you are.

It's Brummy for 'Gray Peas and Bacon'. Basically pea and ham soup
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
It's Brummy for 'Gray Peas and Bacon'. Basically pea and ham soup
Jeez, why can't they speak properly?
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:11 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lumpommer
Deb Grey paes make you FART

Mate, I got to ask. What is that picture in your avatar? It looks like one of those kinky rubber bondage outfits people wear
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
A bit OT but what is this "dream" people keep on going on about when considering/talking about Australia, do people honestly think Australians sit around pools all day, never pay bills and don't work???
I don't pay bills....on time..at any rate..
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I don't pay bills....on time..at any rate..
Shit! that reminds me, the water bill is overdue.

Think I'll wait for the reminder.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:56 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lumpommer
I just read somewhere that because of the expensive cost of things in OZ, many people are having to live on rice just to survive.

A lot of people are drowning in debt.

It seems the dream is over for many people unfortunately.

dont know about that, but i've just increased my hours at work AGAIN, to make ends meet and we rent!

Last edited by Margaret3; Aug 11th 2010 at 1:00 am.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 6:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Margaret3
dont know about that, but i've just increased my hours at work AGAIN, to make ends meet and we rent!
Probably because the price of Rice has shot up !!!

Old Aug 11th 2010, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

lou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to alllou1003 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by deb68
Lol no, i only asked if lumphammer was from black country because of the name its a ale in the black country
We eat sheds full of black pudding and grey paeys
Arrr

Good old Black Country speak. I have trouble understanding my Nan half the time!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

evishalarora is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bibbs
Turban Indian Restaurant
3/248 Stock Rd, Melville WA 6156, Australia

http://www.theturban.com.au/

Silly name, but they did an awesome vindaloo.
The name might look silly to you, but its not for Indians. Turban represent an Indian religion who primarily lives in north india and most of Indian food you like i mean spicy curries etc. are the north indian dishes.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by evishalarora
The name might look silly to you, but its not for Indians. Turban represent an Indian religion who primarily lives in north india and most of Indian food you like i mean spicy curries etc. are the north indian dishes.
I know what a Turban is, and I think it's strange to name a resturant after an item of clothing. I know the Turban has religious/regional ties, but to name a resturant after it?

Not to be offensive, but I wouldn't go for a sunday roast at the "Bowler hat", for a BBQ at the "Floppy hat with corks" or ful medames in the "Fez" .. without thinking the name was funny as well.

Still, it's a damn good resturant.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I had to mention The Shirley Temple in Shirley, Birmingham ... not Indian but still a fine name
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:36 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

I would imagine with all the Asian people in Sydney that rice has overtaken pies as the staple.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I had to mention The Shirley Temple in Shirley, Birmingham ... not Indian but still a fine name
There is/was a "Fez club" in Reading. It had a Moroccan theme (low tables, matresses, cushions, dark wood and light sand walls) , with hats all over the place.

Awesome place, amusing name.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

We had Quinoa last night for the first time and I can recommend it. Very nice change to rice and can be had sweet or savory.

As for the Fez Club in Reading, I will be back there in the next few weeks so will check to see if it is still there.