Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London Tube Explosions

London Tube Explosions

Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: London Tube Explosions

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Hope he is OK. He's Doing a good job saving people
he is and on that note I am going to change the subject, for those in Australia is there anyone who can offer a job to a fit firefighter who is moving to Australia in November

lol
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:11 am
Badge

Originally Posted by ali south
he is and on that note I am going to change the subject, for those in Australia is there anyone who can offer a job to a fit firefighter who is moving to Australia in November

lol
always an opening in our brigade!!

I tell you now, Tony Blair really cannot orate for toffee- and I am not an overt critic of him.

Just seen a really switched on firie - with 'tactical advisor' all over his helmet introduce a spokesman on the Beeb.

Badge

Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:11 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

A spokesman for Vodafone said emergency services were being given priority access to the mobile phone network which was causing problems for other users.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

I have been watching Sky News and personally I don't think this situation is overexaggerated at all. They are confirming 6 explosions, one of which has definitely some detonation device strongly indicating terrorist attacks. Originally it was thought that there were about 20 people dead (thought to be on the bus that blew up) but unconfirmed eye witness reports say that an entire carriage of bodies was at the site where the tubes collided - emergency services are trying to get to them.

My brother-in-law works in the city and has been told that in all likelihood, he will not be going home tonight - all trains and bus services have been suspended and everyone has been advised to not try to pick up loved ones as already I think the M25 is backing up. My sister is in panic mode as she is 3 weeks away from giving birth!!

From the pictures, I would say that this is a very real and serious tragedy, maybe not on the scale of 9/11 but certainly as scary.

And to ThreeLegs who said that this has been a long time coming - what are you trying to say, that London deserved it? Try telling that to the people and their families who have been killed. And to all the other flippant posters - really really shame on you!

To all those people who have family and friends that work in the City, try emailing them and get them to email sky [email protected] who will post on their ticker to let people across the country that they are ok.

Having just watched a press announcement, they said that there are loads of casualties and a number of fatalities, numbers unconfirmed. This is a very sad day for London and England!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:13 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seang
A spokesman for Vodafone said emergency services were being given priority access to the mobile phone network which was causing problems for other users.
I'l ask it again cos the last post seems has been lost amongst a load of others posts.

Has anyone heard from Professional Princess AKA Sam?

Cheers
Kala
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:14 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Dont worry, people , with his "bottle," willl be loved and cherished in this country. .............. mm
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I'l ask it again cos the last post seems has been lost amongst a load of others posts.

Has anyone heard from Professional Princess AKA Sam?

Cheers
Kala
Sorry Kala, haven't heard a thing - do you know their email address - try emailing them or perhaps someone knows the landline number as landlines seem to be still in tact.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:16 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope everyone's friends and families are OK.

Dont know what more to say...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
I have been watching Sky News and personally I don't think this situation is overexaggerated at all. They are confirming 6 explosions, one of which has definitely some detonation device strongly indicating terrorist attacks. Originally it was thought that there were about 20 people dead (thought to be on the bus that blew up) but unconfirmed eye witness reports say that an entire carriage of bodies was at the site where the tubes collided - emergency services are trying to get to them.

My brother-in-law works in the city and has been told that in all likelihood, he will not be going home tonight - all trains and bus services have been suspended and everyone has been advised to not try to pick up loved ones as already I think the M25 is backing up. My sister is in panic mode as she is 3 weeks away from giving birth!!

From the pictures, I would say that this is a very real and serious tragedy, maybe not on the scale of 9/11 but certainly as scary.

And to ThreeLegs who said that this has been a long time coming - what are you trying to say, that London deserved it? Try telling that to the people and their families who have been killed. And to all the other flippant posters - really really shame on you!

To all those people who have family and friends that work in the City, try emailing them and get them to email sky [email protected] who will post on their ticker to let people across the country that they are ok.

Having just watched a press announcement, they said that there are loads of casualties and a number of fatalities, numbers unconfirmed. This is a very sad day for London and England!
they are not exaggerating, Alex keeps phoning me to tell me bits that are not on the news, there are still many people trapped, as a firefighter he is hearing the latest updates

it is certainly not over yet, for everyone with loved ones in this my thoughts are with you

I took the bus to Russell Square yesterday to train teachers at the Institute of Education, this is so very scary

We are leaving for Australia in November and the reality is that I could of been on that bus and Alex might not come out of that tube station today

this is a very sad day for us all, my poor son is probably sitting at school worried sick because he knows his dad and sister are in London today

love to all involved
Tara
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:19 am
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

just come back from kings cross - seems the station is ok - but smoke coming out of Victoria Line.

It was more like dust than burning black smoke.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:20 am
Just Joined

richst31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excerpt from the BBC website, which has all the details - www.bbc.co.uk

Two people have been killed and scores have been injured after at least seven blasts on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.
UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said it was "reasonably clear" there had been a series of terrorist attacks.

He said it was "particularly barbaric" that the attack was timed to coincide with the G8 summit which he would be leaving to return to London.

London's police chief said traces of explosive had been found at one site.

Sir Ian Blair urged people to stay where they were and not to call emergency services unless it was a life-threatening situation.

Sir Ian said there had been "many casualties" but said it was too early to put a figure to those killed or injured and he reassured the public that an emergency plan was in place and the situation was "steadily coming under control".

Mr Clarke told reporters outside Downing Street: "The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been."

Sir Ian Blair said there had been at least six explosions, but said the picture was still "very confused".

Scotland Yard said explosions have been reported at Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

they are not exaggerating, Alex keeps phoning me to tell me bits that are not on the news, there are still many people trapped, as a firefighter he is hearing the latest updates

it is certainly not over yet, for everyone with loved ones in this my thoughts are with you

I took the bus to Russell Square yesterday to train teachers at the Institute of Education, this is so very scary

We are leaving for Australia in November and the reality is that I could of been on that bus and Alex might not come out of that tube station today

this is a very sad day for us all, my poor son is probably sitting at school worried sick because he knows his dad and sister are in London today

love to all involved
Tara
Oh, tara, I feel like crying for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Alex and your children. This is very scary for everyone, but mostly for people who have family and friends involved. I hope it all goes well. Keep us posted ok?

Sarah
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:23 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Sorry Kala, haven't heard a thing - do you know their email address - try emailing them or perhaps someone knows the landline number as landlines seem to be still in tact.
I have managed to get hold of my family and friends who use the tubes and busses in central london. thankfully everyone I know is OK, I hope the same can be siad for the loed ones of others looking with family in central london.

My cousin manages a nursery in battersea and has gotta stay there with all the kids until there parents can get them which will no doubt be a long time so she cant go and pick her kids up. I supose bringin the place to a standtill is what they wanted. WAN=ERS

I just hope that Proffessional princess is OK, I know there are thousands of people using the bus daily and the chances she was on that bus are slim but would still be nice to hear she is OK.

Kala
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh, tara, I feel like crying for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Alex and your children. This is very scary for everyone, but mostly for people who have family and friends involved. I hope it all goes well. Keep us posted ok?

Sarah
I am SURE he will be OK
thank you for your message
Tara
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:24 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I have managed to get hold of my family and friends who use the tubes and busses in central london. thankfully everyone I know is OK, I hope the same can be siad for the loed ones of others looking with family in central london.

My cousin manages a nursery in battersea and has gotta stay there with all the kids until there parents can get them which will no doubt be a long time so she cant go and pick her kids up. I supose bringin the place to a standtill is what they wanted. WAN=ERS

I just hope that Proffessional princess is OK, I know there are thousands of people using the bus daily and the chances she was on that bus are slim but would still be nice to hear she is OK.

Kala
But Kala I didn't think sam lived in London

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.