Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London Tube Explosions

London Tube Explosions

Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:14 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Tube Explosions

I have a horrible feeling this isn't going to be down to a power surge, reports of a bus being blown up on Sky News website:

BLASTS ON TUBES AND BUS

According to reports a bus has exploded in central London just minutes after a number of blasts on London's Underground.

"I saw lots of people running up a road and then saw the top of a bus destroyed," one eyewitness told Sky News.

Sky News producer Bob Mills said he heard the loud explosion near Euston Station.

Scotland Yard could not confirm reports of an explosion on a bus in Russell Square. A spokeswoman said police were at the scene and attempting to determine what had happened.

The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.

It is understood several people have been wounded in the underground blasts, with one unconfirmed eyewitness telling Sky News he saw "bodies on the line".

British Transport Police confirmed there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"It's chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," said a spokesman.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umberellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road where the second incident took place.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it," she said.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate. My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...188265,00.html
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:15 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Geez - this all sounds dreadful. I have many friends & former colleagues in The City and this was prime 'commuter time', so am really concerned....

Hope the ex is OK, PP.

Anya.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:19 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Geez - this all sounds dreadful. I have many friends & former colleagues in The City and this was prime 'commuter time', so am really concerned....

Hope the ex is OK, PP.

Anya.
The bus ripped apart in an explosion and half the bus was in the air
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I finally managed to get through to my daughter in London. She said my ex (her dad) is on his day off so thats a relief but my son in law is a London bus driver and he IS at work. Not sure where though.
This is dreadful.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Large bang heard by Tavistock Square resident area gridlocked and police can't even get through
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:26 am
Happy, happy Visa holders

Location: Back in Huddersfield, after fantastic time in Gold Coast
And&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura about

Reports of explosions on three buses now. This is a nightmare
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Unions saying reports of explosions on 3 buses, Scotland yard confirmed explosion on Russel Sq bus

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is all sounding worse and worse. Scotland Yard have now confirmed multiple explosions around London and an explosion on the dbl Decker bus in Russel Square. A power surge is sounding less and less likely
God I hope there are no serious injuries.
Oh no, they have just said 3 separate explosion on 3 different buses, this is obviously the work of terrorists.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:28 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

They've found an explosive device on the underground
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Reports of a top of a bus in russell sq has been taken off by an explosion !!! Unconfirmed
that report is from a Sky news producer.

Looks like they have used the fact that all the cops are in Scotland to launch a full on attack
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:34 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

My god this is awful. No way this is a power surge.

Londoners should be celebrating not running for cover. Dreadful.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Now saying fatalities on a bus at least.

As to the housing market, I don't think anyone really cares about that at present but London will get through it, they've done it before with the Blitz and the IRA bombings
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:40 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Yup, as real as it gets.

No need for the extra question marks, I got it the first time
C'mon DM - some people are desperatley worried about loved ones..
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Keep your f***ing flippancy to yourself and remember some of us have friends that work in the area.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I'll post whatever I like when I like, this is a public forum open to all until the posting rules are broken. But thanks for your opinion, I'll take it on board.

Is the cricket still going ahead?
Yep it's in Leeds though depends on the weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.