Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London Tube Explosions

London Tube Explosions

Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default London Tube Explosions

Extremely worried.

Just heard on the news theres been 2 explosions on the tube network Aldgate and Edgware Road.

Anyone got any more news? My ex is a maintainence contractor at Edware Road. Really worried
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Tube Explosions

Londoners are being urged to avoid the Tube network after reports of an explosion at Liverpool Street Station.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) said they were called to reports of an explosion at Liverpool Station in the City of London just after 0900 GMT.

A LFB spokeswoman said four crews were at the scene and more were on their way to the station which is now closed. Cordons are in place.

A power failure may be behind the problems, Transport for London said
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:40 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

info is pretty sketchy at the moment. looks like a power surge. there a re a few reports of some injured people but it doesn't look to be too bad at the moment, hope all is well with the ex.

Louise
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:42 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

It's probably the French, sore about losing the Olympics.....

Let's hope there have been no serious injuries/deaths
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

What I've experienced this morning.

Got on the Central Line at the East End of it about 8.35. About 8.50 informed Liverpool Street Station shut due to Security alery, Bank shut due to power supply problem and bakerloo line suspended between Paddington & Elephant and Castle.

Got to Stratford, overland trains still going to Livepool Street, decide to change at Mile End onto the District Line.

Got to Mile End and found District & Hammersmith and City Lines suspended.

Got off at St. Pauls and was told trains only going westbound.

Lots of people very confused in the city at present.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Currently showing live on sky news if yoiu can access it.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Yes i got it on now... they just said theres streams of people running out of Aldgate covered in blood.

Who told you there was a security alert? I hope its not a bomb
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:50 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Yes i got it on now... they just said theres streams of people running out of Aldgate covered in blood.

A power surge apparently a bit of a coincidence though if you ask me.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!!

Theres a guy on the phone saying there are dead bodies in there and carnage!! He says there is a huge hole in the side of one train
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

saying it was caused by a power surge? the whole of the underground network is closed with two trains stuck in tunnels at edgeware rd, sounds like a right nightmare
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Our train driver said security alert at Liverpool st then a couple of stations later it has changed to local power failure.

Seems to be affecting a lot of stations for a power surge but that's what they're saying. I'll keep you updated as I hear more, we have sky in the office and I'm based in the City
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Now evacuating offices within 1/4 mile of Liverpool St.

bob Crow has been on Sky saying he heard reports of overgroud explosion in Russell Sq/Euston area. Sky helicopter not being allowed to russell Sq
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:07 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
Now evacuating offices within 1/4 mile of Liverpool St.

bob Crow has been on Sky saying he heard reports of overgroud explosion in Russell Sq/Euston area. Sky helicopter not being allowed to russell Sq
Reports of a top of a bus in russell sq has been taken off by an explosion !!! Unconfirmed
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:11 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Reports of a top of a bus in russell sq has been taken off by an explosion !!! Unconfirmed
It all sounds a bit sus the day after we were awarded the olympics
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by possoms
It all sounds a bit sus the day after we were awarded the olympics
And the G8, they've refused permission for the sky helicopter to fly ove Russell Sq.

Also there were no problems with the national grid this morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.