a bit more expensive
19.57%
much more expensive
54.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Living Costs Oz vs UK

Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living Costs Oz vs UK

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Cheers boy.
No worries mick the munch
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Gotta love hypocrisy
I know you do
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:09 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
No worries mick the munch
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:10 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I'd prefer arsenic to a saffer
Almost goes without saying
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:10 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Almost goes without saying
You can trust arsenic
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Bananas are exceedingly cheap in the UK and always have been and apparently the UK is the biggest consumer of bananas per head of any country in the world! I learned this in an economics class at school. Apparently back in the 50s the UK government actively encouraged and subsidised British west indian farmer to grow bananas (thats the carribean to you lot). This was to discourage the rise in cannabis, which grows like wildfire out there and which was starting to find its way in to Britain.

I bought 12 decent sized bananas for a £1 the other day from the fruit and veg market trader outside my local supermarket. I love them, but my wife can't stand the sight of the things...
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:16 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman
Bananas are exceedingly cheap in the UK and always have been and apparently the UK is the biggest consumer of bananas per head of any country in the world! I learned this in an economics class at school. Apparently back in the 50s the UK government actively encouraged and subsidised British west indian farmer to grow bananas (thats the carribean to you lot). This was to discourage the rise in cannabis, which grows like wildfire out there and which was starting to find its way in to Britain.

I bought 12 decent sized bananas for a £1 the other day from the fruit and veg market trader outside my local supermarket. I love them, but my wife can't stand the sight of the things...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the case that one can buy only Australian bananas in Australia? If this is the case then their price it a reflection of classic market manipulation, like the books. And how many people in the mechanised age can be employed by the banana industry in Australia? In other words, everyone has to pay over the odds for bananas in Australia to keep a few banana farmers in Land Rover Discoveries.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the case that one can buy only Australian bananas in Australia? If this is the case then their price it a reflection of classic market manipulation, like the books. And how many people in the mechanised age can be employed by the banana industry in Australia? In other words, everyone has to pay over the odds for bananas in Australia to keep a few banana farmers in Land Rover Discoveries.
Indeed, but you would need, like yourself, to actually buy bananas in Aus to know that, as for the farmers, I feel sure they would have Range Rovers.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Bananas from overseas ( foreign - read vile, disease ridden & unaustralian according to local popular media ) can be sold in Australia - however the government imposes such extensive import conditions ( for the reason you mention ) that no one can be bothered importing bananas into Australia.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:55 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Does anyone know how much adult massage toys cost in Australia compared to the UK?

And if we bring our own will the Australian border forces pick them up on X Ray?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:16 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

is that the euphemistic term for vibrator? a personal massager?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Indeed, but you would need, like yourself, to actually buy bananas in Aus to know that, as for the farmers, I feel sure they would have Range Rovers.
Aussie farmers?

Range Rovers? You must be joking.

Landcruisers all the way from my experience.

And banana harvest isn't that mechanical compared to other fruit and veg.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Insurance for us isnt cheaper in Australia mostly because we dont have to pay it twice. It is absolutely crazy that property insurance isnt compulsory.
FOR US, rego was $550 and road tax is £20.
There are MOT's in NSW and it is only £35 so no big deal.
For me :-

Aus / UK
2010 Hilux / 1997 Hilux
Rego - $550 / road tax - £210 (would be $400+ for the newer car).
Insurance - $500 / £600+

But I can't afford, just yet, to replace the SLK and S2000, as new cars are so expensive.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
Aussie farmers?

Range Rovers? You must be joking.

Landcruisers all the way from my experience.

And banana harvest isn't that mechanical compared to other fruit and veg.
The Qld farmer I trained with had a Landy.....
Surprised me.

Originally Posted by Bibbs
For me :-

Aus / UK
2010 Hilux / 1997 Hilux
Rego - $550 / road tax - £210 (would be $400+ for the newer car).
Insurance - $500 / £600+

But I can't afford, just yet, to replace the SLK and S2000, as new cars are so expensive.
This is what I meant..for some, insurance is cheaper....add on rego and they're about the same....you can't say that UK 'is cheaper'.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
This is what I meant..for some, insurance is cheaper....add on rego and they're about the same....you can't say that UK 'is cheaper'.
Can you say Australia 'is cheaper'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.