Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

living in Adelaide

living in Adelaide

Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

OZERJON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default living in Adelaide

I am interested in some advice on adelaide as place to live and work. were a family of, 4 boy 16 and daughter 13, I am a plumber and would be looking for an area with good employment prospects. My eldest will be carrying on his education in australia and would like to know areas that would be best suited for him I.e colleges and universities. My daughter is currently into performing arts and would very much like to carry this on when we arrive.

Thanks for any info

John
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

darlo 2 adelaide will become famous soon enoughdarlo 2 adelaide will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: living in Adelaide

Hi there!! We're going to adelaide in February hopefully!! There's a great website called adelaidebound.com where we found loads of information about districts, crime rates, cost of living etc. I have secured a job already (am a nurse) as had an interview over here and they're sponsoring me and arranging all my visa things. We (my hubby and two kids aged 2.5 and 1.5) decided on adelaide because we have friends there and it's cost of living is cheaper there than the other areas of australia. There re loads of sites to research too. There's not much info on here about adelaide just the bigger cities, but if I can help I will.