Live 8

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:53 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough
Default Live 8

Sorry if i'm a bit thick!!! but was there a concert in Australia because i can't seem to find anything on it.

Watching it at the moment......all was going well until "smackhead" pete doherty came on!!!

Everyone else fantastic so far
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:58 pm
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Live 8

Originally Posted by brisbec
Sorry if i'm a bit thick!!! but was there a concert in Australia because i can't seem to find anything on it.

Watching it at the moment......all was going well until "smackhead" pete doherty came on!!!

Everyone else fantastic so far
No there wasn't (watching it in Perth on Fox 8) but I have to say I'm a bit concerned, Simon Le Bon looked strangly like Shakin' Stevens :scared:
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:58 pm
Chillin out in WA

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies
No there wasn't (watching it in Perth on Fox 8) but I have to say I'm a bit concerned, Simon Le Bon looked strangly like Shakin' Stevens :scared:
ha ha thought he looked like an early fat elvis meself!!!! :scared:
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:03 pm
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light

ha ha thought he looked like an early fat elvis meself!!!! :scared:

I know, how scary was that? :scared:

My immediate thought was Elvis then Shakin' Stevens came into play.

Think they should have stayed a happy memory, looked rather sad to me.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:13 pm
Chillin out in WA

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies
I know, how scary was that? :scared:

My immediate thought was Elvis then Shakin' Stevens came into play.

Think they should have stayed a happy memory, looked rather sad to me.
Actually thought U2 were brill - even though i'm not a big fan - and i did nearly fill up when they released the doves/white pidgeons!!!

if you want to add your name to the live 8 list go to www.live8live.com it's a list that will be shown to the G8 leaders.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:15 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Not too bad so far but I don't think I will be able to stay up long enough to get through to the good bands - time to dig out the VCR.

I feel the need to set up a ticker at the tickerfactory - time till someone posts a "Where were you during the original live aid concert" thread, but I am not sure the tickers can work in minutes.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:20 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Looking forward to seeing Pink Floyd reformed......what a treat !

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:25 pm
Chillin out in WA

Originally Posted by <")))><
Looking forward to seeing Pink Floyd reformed......what a treat !

but pink floyd played knebworth a few years ago, so by rights it's not the first time in 24/25 years!!! is it?????

Oh and as for the first live aid ----i was 15 and sat on my fat ass all day in the front room!!!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 4:23 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

but pink floyd played knebworth a few years ago, so by rights it's not the first time in 24/25 years!!! is it?????

Oh and as for the first live aid ----i was 15 and sat on my fat ass all day in the front room!!!!!
Keane were excellent. think Travis has had their day
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

[QUOTE=brisbec]but pink floyd played knebworth a few years ago, so by rights it's not the first time in 24/25 years!!! is it?????

First time with Roger Waters in 24 years thou....

It's the one thing I'm looking forward to

Kev
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 4:45 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Kevhaze]

First time with Roger Waters in 24 years thou....

It's the one thing I'm looking forward to

Kev
Same here i keep thinking that they'll like it and play a gig, I of course will miss it and be devastated
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 5:14 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm... saw Pink Floyd at Wembley Stadium some years ago. At one point they flew a ****ing great inflatable pig down a wire across the stadium which sported a great big pair of knackers so as to diferentiate it from the female pig which Roger Waters owned the copyright too. Great gig. Nearly as good as Queen at Knebworth
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 5:21 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Mmm... saw Pink Floyd at Wembley Stadium some years ago. At one point they flew a ****ing great inflatable pig down a wire across the stadium which sported a great big pair of knackers so as to diferentiate it from the female pig which Roger Waters owned the copyright too. Great gig. Nearly as good as Queen at Knebworth
I was there, how you can compare queen to Floyd is beyond me though, Floyd are different league
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 5:25 pm
Chillin out in WA

Originally Posted by fraser
I was there, how you can compare queen to Floyd is beyond me though, Floyd are different league
Actually i was thinking the same

Coz Queen are in a much higher league than floyd!!!

Didn't go to Knebworth but i did go to both nights at wembley in '86 WOW!!!
There's no-one to match Freddie!!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 5:55 pm

Actually i was thinking the same

Coz Queen are in a much higher league than floyd!!!

Didn't go to Knebworth but i did go to both nights at wembley in '86 WOW!!!
There's no-one to match Freddie!!
If you like corpses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.