Reload this Page >

A little bit of a worry

A little bit of a worry

Old Jun 8th 2003, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Gavin B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A little bit of a worry

re: Brisbane renting

I've got a relatively urgent question about renting in Brissy, and hopefully some of you can help.

We're not shipping most of our furniture when we leave, as most of it is pretty cheap, so we want to start afresh, buying furniture when we buy a house, about a year after we first get there (we plan to rent for the first year)

Anyway, we were hoping to rent a fully furnished flat near Brisbane CBD, but looking on several property websites, I'm getting the feeling that there aren't that many fully furnished places about. Can anyone tell me if this is true, and are there any websites I can look at where they do have fully furnished places?

Thanks

Gavin
Old Jun 8th 2003, 6:03 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I've been looking to get some info for a temporary measure and throughtout australia there are VERY FEW furnished places and those that are tend to be holiday lets with the accompanying high prices.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 6:12 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

You could rent the furniture you need for the year, its not as expensive as you might think. just an option.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A little bit of a worry

Originally posted by Gavin B
re: Brisbane renting

I've got a relatively urgent question about renting in Brissy, and hopefully some of you can help.

We're not shipping most of our furniture when we leave, as most of it is pretty cheap, so we want to start afresh, buying furniture when we buy a house, about a year after we first get there (we plan to rent for the first year)

Anyway, we were hoping to rent a fully furnished flat near Brisbane CBD, but looking on several property websites, I'm getting the feeling that there aren't that many fully furnished places about. Can anyone tell me if this is true, and are there any websites I can look at where they do have fully furnished places?

Thanks

Gavin
Buy some secondhand from charity shops. A lot of it isn't too bad and tides you over. Then you can take it down the tip when your good stuff arrives or use it for the kids to mess about on. I bought a bloody good couch for the equivalent of 22 quid last year and there was nothing wrong with it apart frm an ink stain on the back. Who cares about that? Young people these days are too wasteful and chuck out better stuff than their parents could ever afford when they were 20.