Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A little bit of legal advice (property in UK)if there are any solicitors on here?!

A little bit of legal advice (property in UK)if there are any solicitors on here?!

Old May 30th 2011, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A little bit of legal advice (property in UK)if there are any solicitors on here?

I still don't understand why you gave him any of the deposit back?
Old May 30th 2011, 4:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little bit of legal advice (property in UK)if there are any solicitors on here?

Originally Posted by Fluid36
I still don't understand why you gave him any of the deposit back?
Starting to wonder that myself now in all honesty, he used to be a very decent tenant and suddenly just turned on me, SCARY!
Old May 30th 2011, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Starting to wonder that myself now in all honesty, he used to be a very decent tenant and suddenly just turned on me, SCARY!
Whenever I've been a tenant the landlord has tried to scam me out of every possible cent even after keeping the place tidy, you sound like a great landlord. Trash the place, get most of my bond back and then demand a washing machine - great.

I'd be giving the bloke a quick slap around the head.

Last edited by Fluid36; May 30th 2011 at 5:39 am.
Old May 30th 2011, 5:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I've been a tenant the landlord has trued to scam me out of every possible cent even after keeping the place tidy, you sound like a great landlord. Trash the place, get most of my bond back and then demand a washing machine - great.

Ha, thanks, appreciate that. I thought I was a good landlord too, I allowed him to email/text me directly and I was always prompt with repairs etc, then he just threw it all back in my face. NOTE TO ONESELF - BE HARDER NEXT TIME!!! GRRRR
Old May 30th 2011, 5:18 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, thanks, appreciate that. I thought I was a good landlord too, I allowed him to email/text me directly and I was always prompt with repairs etc, then he just threw it all back in my face. NOTE TO ONESELF - BE HARDER NEXT TIME!!! GRRRR
We used a crowd in East Belfast to just manage the place Jen they take a % of the rent but the peace of mind is well worth it.
Old May 30th 2011, 5:42 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Zambia
We used a crowd in East Belfast to just manage the place Jen they take a % of the rent but the peace of mind is well worth it.
I use a bloke in Lisburn and he is also very good, unfortunately I let it get personal in allowing him to contact me directly, something I wont be doing in future!
Old May 30th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I use a bloke in Lisburn and he is also very good, unfortunately I let it get personal in allowing him to contact me directly, something I wont be doing in future!
I wouldn't use a crowd, crowds cost too much. One or two people should do the job.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:55 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I wouldn't use a crowd, crowds cost too much. One or two people should do the job.
Crowd <--- Thon's Norn Iron spake!

...so it is! lol

Last edited by Jen1977ni; May 30th 2011 at 7:57 am.
Old May 30th 2011, 10:00 am
Recession Surfing 2006 -&amp;gt;

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Crowd <--- Thon's Norn Iron spake!

...so it is! lol
Aye that there crowd oer there.
Old May 30th 2011, 10:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Aye that there crowd oer there.
Thons a quer big crowd n all bi! You've been in Oz longer than me, u not wanna try n sell ur hoose over thonder in them there hills?!
Old May 30th 2011, 12:02 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 -&amp;gt;

Thons a quer big crowd n all bi! You've been in Oz longer than me, u not wanna try n sell ur hoose over thonder in them there hills?!
No wee shite is buying ...
Old May 30th 2011, 7:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

No wee shite is buying ...
I know, they're a geg eh grr
Old May 31st 2011, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Whenever I've been a tenant the landlord has tried to scam me out of every possible cent even after keeping the place tidy, you sound like a great landlord. Trash the place, get most of my bond back and then demand a washing machine - great.

Yep you sound quite indulgent - try renting a place in Oz - kept our place immaculate, paid $680 for professional cleaners, body corp insisted on repainting, replacing tiles (tiny chips) and took money for carpet stains, Cost us 1K to get out of our house - I'm so sick of thieving landlords taking money off me - I wish there was somewhere where decent landlords and decent tenants could be matched (tenancy dating agency!) as it's rarely a fair relationship
Old May 31st 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
Yep you sound quite indulgent - try renting a place in Oz - kept our place immaculate, paid $680 for professional cleaners, body corp insisted on repainting, replacing tiles (tiny chips) and took money for carpet stains, Cost us 1K to get out of our house - I'm so sick of thieving landlords taking money off me - I wish there was somewhere where decent landlords and decent tenants could be matched (tenancy dating agency!) as it's rarely a fair relationship
Were you responsible for the damage to the tiles and carpet?
Old May 31st 2011, 8:09 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

I've told the agent to just give the wee sh*te the washing machine, and do you know what?! The flaming thing was bought in 2002, so it'll hopefully explode soon anyways, and hopefully in his face! YAY! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.