Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A little bit curious?????????

A little bit curious?????????

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:14 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little bit curious?????????

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
My eyes need a service! I thought this thread said "A little Bi curious"!!!!!!!!!!
I believe you need to visit the roundabout between Arundel & Storrington after dark on weekends......... <g>.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wol
I believe you need to visit the roundabout between Arundel & Storrington after dark on weekends......... <g>.
they all coming oot of the clozit :scared:
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:31 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I've only *heard* about it, you understand....
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:38 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The S's
thought we would have a change of scenery today. Went to colleges crossing in Karalee again. Had an ice cream and kids played in the river. Had a few to many in the lions last night too

IS it safe for kids to play in the river ???

Jen
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:05 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
My eyes need a service! I thought this thread said "A little Bi curious"!!!!!!!!!!

trust you ...the return of the hormone!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
How many people came to Aus for a reccy and thought, "sod this for laugh, its not that good"?
We are one of the many people who came here without ever visiting :scared:
The day we landed we though "OMG, what have we done?"
We dreamt of all the long open roads with no traffic for miles, then sat in a 2 mile traffic jam on the way from airport to our accom.(even talking about congestion charges here)
We imagined vast areas of red soil and wild kangaroos and saw graffiti on every corner and more chavs than a Oasis get together, you gotta love those utes

After being here for 8 weeks now we find this is all part of the Aussy way of life and actually love it.
We wouldn't go back to live at all, even find myself on car lots looking at 5ltr V8 falcon utes with loving eyes

Just being a bit nosey
We did our reccie to SE Qld 2 years ago & I remember on that first morning, drivng up to Redcliffe, Deception Bay & thnking what a craphole & is this f**king it? We both decided that if this was the best Australia could offer then we were not coming. Fortunately it got better after Brisbane, which we did not rate at all & we went on to see some great places on the Sunshine Coast, not many though. We then flew across to WA & realised this was the place for us.

If you can afford it then you should come out on a reccie trip.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We did our reccie to SE Qld 2 years ago & I remember on that first morning, drivng up to Redcliffe, Deception Bay & thnking what a craphole & is this f**king it? We both decided that if this was the best Australia could offer then we were not coming. Fortunately it got better after Brisbane, which we did not rate at all & we went on to see some great places on the Sunshine Coast, not many though. We then flew across to WA & realised this was the place for us.

If you can afford it then you should come out on a reccie trip.
I kind of admire those people who come out without ever visiting beforehand - but you can't then really sit and moan about the place.

We'd visited every capital and hinterland in the country except one before we moved here.

Guess which one we never visited?
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

Guess which one we never visited?

Perth

We've never been before we moved here, worked out OK for us so far, but then we aren't expecting the big house, large wage and hardly any work kind of rose tint thing that most migrants seem to want.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:13 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol

ugh! I had a car accident there once at 1am - and was amazed at just how many people came to my rescue, emering from the cafe car park with cell phones to call the police/amubulance at that time of night!!

the car park there is VERY busy apparantly ....... something about dogs .....
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
ugh! I had a car accident there once at 1am - and was amazed at just how many people came to my rescue, emering from the cafe car park with cell phones to call the police/amubulance at that time of night!!

:scared:
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
No no no no!!!!! That, plus the horse racing along the A27....enough to scare the chipmunks! :scared:
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom

Just like the car park on the M25 Wisley junction is where people meet to learn flower arranging :scared:
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Perth

We've never been before we moved here, worked out OK for us so far, but then we aren't expecting the big house, large wage and hardly any work kind of rose tint thing that most migrants seem to want.

We've written-off owning a house here. Other than that things go in phases for us from pretty good to excellent. Never been bad - niggling, but not bad.

Currently life is very good. Sounds a bit smug doesn't it?
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We've written-off owning a house here. Other than that things go in phases for us from pretty good to excellent. Never been bad - niggling, but not bad.

Know what you mean, it's great though isn't it
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:52 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree about life being good, not about being smug though! We've settled in so well here, much better than I could ever have anticipated. Perth has had a lot of bad press on this site recently. I just want to say that for us it's all good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.