Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

omg my head is in bits.....2 weeks and 2 days to go now!!!!!!!

omg my head is in bits.....2 weeks and 2 days to go now!!!!!!!

Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:48 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking omg my head is in bits.....2 weeks and 2 days to go now!!!!!!!

Hiya all,

Well I never thought that I would feel like this at this time..but I really am sooooooo nervous/ excited and everything rolled into one!!!!! its untrue!!!!....
Its surreal and my head feels like cotton wool!!!!..........maybe thats cos Im not sleeping very well either..unless I have a tipple ofcourse..got to empty the booze cupboard havent I!!

I think that it may be cos we have had so much time on our hands...finished work 4 weeks ago..so lots of time to think :scared:

BUT its been nice to have lots of time to organise things ...and I really dont know how I would have concentrated at work anyway.

Had our big leaving 'do', Saturday just gone, which was brilliant..invited friends back to our house for the old karaoke and eventually booted everyone out at 4am!!!!...

no tears apart from when they played auld lang wotsit and my mum gave me a cuddle and she started me off!!!!..but bless her she is really brave and wants us to go despite the fact that she will really miss us....I do feel guilty though...my older brother died last yr and she now only has my younger brother at home..he's 27 though!!!!

Closed one of the bank accounts today which I found scarey...dunno why...suppose its because its another closure..cutting of ties.

We take the dog to the airport tomorrow morning to meet the shippers who in turn take her to their kennels..she then flies on saturday...gawd I hope she doesnt have a bleedin heart attack on the way!!!

shippers come 2 weeks today then we fly on 18th as I have told everyone before....

Please tell me that I am normal feeling lke this at this stage??!!!
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: omg my head is in bits.....2 weeks and 2 days to go now!!!!!!!

Keep emptying that booze cupboard

Good luck and enjoy, see you in Perth next year

Teresa
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:55 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi...we were doing quite well at emptying it but then bought some more for the do last weekend..

and ...some people bought us more champagne as leaving pressies ..so we have 2 bottles of that now as well...oh dear god save my liver!!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yvsie
Hiya all,

Well I never thought that I would feel like this at this time..but I really am sooooooo nervous/ excited and everything rolled into one!!!!! its untrue!!!!....
Its surreal and my head feels like cotton wool!!!!..........maybe thats cos Im not sleeping very well either..unless I have a tipple ofcourse..got to empty the booze cupboard havent I!!

I think that it may be cos we have had so much time on our hands...finished work 4 weeks ago..so lots of time to think :scared:

BUT its been nice to have lots of time to organise things ...and I really dont know how I would have concentrated at work anyway.

Had our big leaving 'do', Saturday just gone, which was brilliant..invited friends back to our house for the old karaoke and eventually booted everyone out at 4am!!!!...

no tears apart from when they played auld lang wotsit and my mum gave me a cuddle and she started me off!!!!..but bless her she is really brave and wants us to go despite the fact that she will really miss us....I do feel guilty though...my older brother died last yr and she now only has my younger brother at home..he's 27 though!!!!

Closed one of the bank accounts today which I found scarey...dunno why...suppose its because its another closure..cutting of ties.

We take the dog to the airport tomorrow morning to meet the shippers who in turn take her to their kennels..she then flies on saturday...gawd I hope she doesnt have a bleedin heart attack on the way!!!

shippers come 2 weeks today then we fly on 18th as I have told everyone before....

Yvsie, you are normal feeling like this at this stage.

Good luck with everything. You seem to have everything under control and in order. I'm not sure that I will be so well organised when the time comes.

Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:58 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

aw thanks whisky..... ...hic...hic
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Yvsie,

Best just to try and get through it (the move and the booze cupboard!!). You know you'll be good in Oz
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

similar feelings for me and alan, yvsie - we fly 21st september. i finished work on friday, had a great send off from my mates. three weeks to sort everything out and see everyone, never had such a busy social life!
our furniture went two weeks ago, we are enjoying camping in our house! really miss the microwave and the washing machine though! i'm going to go to the laundrette tomorrow, that will take me back to my bedsit days!!
one of the worst things for me will be when i say goodbye to my two cats, having decided not to take them with me. have found them a home in the country and hope they will be happy, but my heart is already aching!
i've invited my mates over next week for a "drink the dregs" party. why ever we bring these strange spirits home from abroad i don't know!!!
i know just how you're feeling, a bit light-headed, not much sleep, and excitement all rolled into one!

good luck
karen xx

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yvsie, good to hear you are coping in the usual fashion 'hic' 'hic'

PC still works but not online yet....we will speak soon...muhahahahahaha

Mash
Hiya all,

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

No Yvsie - you are totally abnormal ------ thought you already knew that!!!!!!

:scared:

Beetroot is good for your liver --- get it down you by the jarful and you'll have the added bonus of purple pee too!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hiya all,

Your post bought a lump to my throat and little pin pricks behind the eyes, this forum is so great, i feel like i know you all, maybe its just that we're all in the same position (well nearly all of us!).
just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with the next couple of weeks, the flights, settling in your new country and that your dog will enjoy the flight!
best wishes,
rach & family
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

You sound like you are totally sane!- well as sane as you can be moving to the other side of the world!

Well done for surviving this far. I wish you all the luck in the world for a fantastic new life out there. Keep in touch with us dregs that are left behind here in the freezing cold of winter!
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:50 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

Hi all,

thanks for your good wishes..

arrived 3/4hr early at the airport with the dog ..so scared of getting lost.This made the hand over worse cos we had to wait sooo long because the guy collecting her was late..tut tut!!

I was very good though..only cried a bit when my hubby put her in the dog box thingy (which incidentally she couldnt wait to get into cos she could smell other dogs..thankfully she loves it in the car/van too)...but she looked at me with those loving eyes of hers..omg 5 weeks till we see you again you'll be fine..bye bye I said..sob...sob

Ive booked the airport hotel and taxi today too...omg!!!!!

I also phoned later this pm to check that the dog and driver got back to the kennels ok which thankfully they did..

I wont rest now until I know that she is safely in Perth...roll on Monday morning when I can ring them up.

Cant believe that all my plans are now falling into place....:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

dear yvsie,

you have got us all excited reading your posts, soon you'll be there.

Good luck in trying to keep those butterflies under control.

cheers

karen and andy
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yvsie

Just wanted to wish you all the best in the following weeks, hope the stress doesn`t get to you too much.

Best wishes

footie chick
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I've missed all the news lately! I can't believe that you are finally off. I am so, so happy for you. I wish you the very best of luck and hope it is all that you want and some!

Take care and hopefully the next couple of weeks won't be too bad. (p.s. how much was it to ship your dog out?)

All the best

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.