Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh me too! I sat there with my nose stuck to the top of the bottle just inhaling the hops! The Bloke thought I was mad,but just like you said - it felt like Christmas!
Just sampled the Boddingtons it's only just drinkable sooooooo disappointed In my haste to clinch a deal before Deb came in the shop I just saw Boddingtons and thought it was Draught Boddies nah it's called "pub ale" tastes a bit like the combined contents of the swill bucket on a Friday night. Ahhh those were the days practical jokes and bets on who could actually down one. :scared: Not one that Qld's bona-fide Camera member will recommend to anyone
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Have to give her more cash to go shopping with so she gives you longer to choose!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:31 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Have to give her more cash to go shopping with so she gives you longer to choose!
With Goodguys less than 100m away no way . Why do you think I took her on as a T.A? while she's working with me she's not spending company profits!
Ohh I can feel the slap coming
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Ohh I can feel the slap coming
Put the beer down quick - don't want her to splil any while she's slapping you!!!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:08 am

Put the beer down quick - don't want her to splil any while she's slapping you!!!
Here's a top tip to get the thread back on track.
Go to this site and buy this most useful book it's for us real ale fans.

How To Brew Your Own "Old Speckled Hen"
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

practice never washing your car or watering the garden.
cos when you are allowed to , u cant be arsed
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by soapy
practice never washing your car or watering the garden.
cos when you are allowed to , u cant be arsed
If you are the sort of person that likes a clean car, practice getting up at 5am to wash the car, muttering that unless you do it earlier the soapsuds will dry on the paint before you can wash them off. Also, if you live anywhere near the sea, or visit the seaside, wash your car every night to remove any trace of salt, muttering that the salt will cause rust before the morning...... :scared:
Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

If you are the sort of person that likes a clean car, practice getting up at 5am to wash the car, muttering that unless you do it earlier the soapsuds will dry on the paint before you can wash them off. Also, if you live anywhere near the sea, or visit the seaside, wash your car every night to remove any trace of salt, muttering that the salt will cause rust before the morning...... :scared:
One of my brothers-in law bought himself a Land Rover Discovery, and it never ever goes off-road. He even goes so far as to stop after passing roadworks and check that no nasty gravel has got itself caught in the treads of the tyres
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:39 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Also, if you live anywhere near the sea, or visit the seaside, wash your car every night to remove any trace of salt, muttering that the salt will cause rust before the morning...... :scared:
It is a b*gger.. I bought a 4 wheel drive that never saw the beach before I had it.. no rust underneath it all .. I've got a bit of rust on it now underneath.. me being lazy not washing it down after going onto the beaches with it. I usually do.. but a couple of days later when I have the time.

cheers
Old Sep 7th 2004, 5:28 am
Back in Brisbane!

fimart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trevglas
One of my brothers-in law bought himself a Land Rover Discovery, and it never ever goes off-road. He even goes so far as to stop after passing roadworks and check that no nasty gravel has got itself caught in the treads of the tyres
What about the Mum's jeep brigade in Britain? These pristine monstrosities are only ever used for the school run and are driven like a tank through swarms of schoolchildren, who are actually getting some exercise by walking to school, and then parked all over the no parking signs on the road outside the school (right by the entrance of course in case the little one over exerts themselves by walking too far) Then because they have some urgent thing to do like shopping they rush off again with no regard for traffic or other people's children. And then these same tank drivers are the ones who complain that it is unsafe for children to walk out on the streets! Be much safer if these jeeps were used off road sometimes instead of clogging up city streets constantly!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 5:30 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fimart
What about the Mum's jeep brigade in Britain? These pristine monstrosities are only ever used for the school run and are driven like a tank through swarms of schoolchildren, who are actually getting some exercise by walking to school, and then parked all over the no parking signs on the road outside the school (right by the entrance of course in case the little one over exerts themselves by walking too far) Then because they have some urgent thing to do like shopping they rush off again with no regard for traffic or other people's children. And then these same tank drivers are the ones who complain that it is unsafe for children to walk out on the streets! Be much safer if these jeeps were used off road sometimes instead of clogging up city streets constantly!
They are nicknamed Toorak taxis here.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 5:37 am
Back in Brisbane!

fimart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bondipom
They are nicknamed Toorak taxis here.

I have never been to Toorak but I can already picture it!!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

where I lived in the UK, just up the road from us was a secondary school. Surrey Heath council saw in its wisdom to place not only speedbumps but 2 chicanes outside the school.

When the roads were quiet (i.e. not bumper to bumper) the chicanes actually made people drive faster (sometimes up to 50-60mph), just to get to the other side before the oncoming car.

During bumper-to bumper time, quite often in an attempt to get through the chicane before the next guy, the school-run mums would actually jam the section so tight, the only way to get moving was for one of the blocking cars to actually drive along the pavement.

Oh happy days!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:02 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
My favourite is Tanglefoot - now there also is a beer that smells lovely - and, I believe does you a LOT of good - well good for your soul, if not your liver
Anybody in Melbourne know a shop that sells it?? If not then I might have to go elsewhere.....

Worth checking out Dan Murphy's - depends what they have in stock sometimes but the Sydney one regularly stocks different ones and this chain started in Victoria.

http://www.danmurphys.com/03-vic/our-stores.php

Cheers
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:11 am
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by fimart

Exactly the same over here!! Except there are even more "toorak Taxis" here I think....and yes, they are all in pristine condition and the mums park on the nature strips while the kids are walking past....makes me mad !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.