Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lenders Mortgage Insurance?

Lenders Mortgage Insurance?

Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lenders Mortgage Insurance?

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
like everything to do with the banks out here, they are lazy, greedy, good for nothing barstewards who set the rules to advantage the banks, zero their risks and provide sod all to the customer
And that's different from any other bank in any other country? They're a business, not a charity (unfortunately).
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:00 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And that's different from any other bank in any other country? They're a business, not a charity (unfortunately).
Of course they're a business and no one expects banks to lend money for free. But like BC said they ask you to insure against yourself but then you get nothing in return when you need it.

That's like asking you to take out extended warranty on your cooker and when the effin thing breaks down they ask you to repair it
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Of course they're a business and no one expects banks to lend money for free. But like BC said they ask you to insure against yourself but then you get nothing in return when you need it.

That's like asking you to take out extended warranty on your cooker and when the effin thing breaks down they ask you to repair it
Not only do you get nothing, even worse, the people you paid for the insurance chase you for the money they paid out for the insurance you paid - it really is quite special!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:15 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Not only do you get nothing, even worse, the people you paid for the insurance chase you for the money they paid out for the insurance you paid - it really is quite special!
yeh agree mate, that's what I mean

That's like termite inspection when you buy a house. You pay to get the inspection done and the report states that unless you get a full and proper inspection (which hardly anyone ever does as it involves accessing behind walls & can cause damage and creates additional costs in doing so) as well as owner consent which is unlikely. So most people get the basic inspection done which in essence is based on *seeing* if there is termite damage which anyone can do and then when you get the report it says that as termites can attack at any time the inspectors can't guarantee the house doesn't have termites and they can't be held accountable if termites are found after you buy the house

So why pay for the bleedin inspection to be done in the first place if they don't accept liability that the inspection is right at the time the inspection is done

There are more sharks outta the water than in the water
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:18 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
... I hear ya!

Yeah prob repeating myself but kids and dog won't be with us in 5 years. We'll rent a house to accommodate them till then, and then CBD living I reckon. Nice lil unit with a bar downstairs thank you.
Yeppity yep, i have my eye on something like this?

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...lley-405302185

Near all the bars, get myself some work around CBD, big hospital within walking distance for the queen, and only an hour on the train to the lovely beaches of the Gold Coast. Its all happening round there.........If i get fed up with Oz, not far for the plane home hey?

Keith...............
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Yeppity yep, i have my eye on something like this?

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...lley-405302185

Near all the bars, get myself some work around CBD, big hospital within walking distance for the queen, and only an hour on the train to the lovely beaches of the Gold Coast. Its all happening round there.........If i get fed up with Oz, not far for the plane home hey?

Keith...............
We'll only need a 1 bedroom, but yeah the way to go me thinks.

Yeah, could almost cycle to the airport ...
Old Jul 18th 2011, 12:05 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
We'll only need a 1 bedroom, but yeah the way to go me thinks.

Yeah, could almost cycle to the airport ...
Cycle, we can hop, skip and jump, holding hands, singing waltzing metilda!

Keith, see yeh in Union Jack's soooooon!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:33 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Banking is not the most competitive industry due to a lot of barriers to entry. Exit fees and lack of account portability are a couple of examples. Hence the banks are fighting tooth and nail resisting changes to make them more competitive.

Some say this is why Australian banks were relatively stable in the GFC which is utter bollocks. Risk management stops bad decisions and not competition.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:09 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Cycle, we can hop, skip and jump, holding hands, singing waltzing metilda!

Keith, see yeh in Union Jack's soooooon!
Lol, yeah for sure mate!

Altho don't hold ya breath to see back in Union Jacks, could be a long wait!