Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving the UK and credit card debts behind?

Leaving the UK and credit card debts behind?

Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Leaving the UK and credit card debts behind?

People have said on this post and many others what would happen. Its obviously not good. You can go down whichever road you want and the main thing people get upset about is the moral/ethics of this all. For me thats up to the individual but the facts are the facts. I'm not a fan of people making stuff up - i.e its enforceable in Oz, they'll come find you and revoke your visa etc.

However I also would not want to encourage people in anyway to jump ship to Oz and think everything would be okay. Fact is if you can't make ends meet in the Uk you'll be truly screwed over here.

Last edited by itxrd; Sep 27th 2010 at 10:49 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Drinky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by itxrd
People have said on this post and many others what would happen. Its obviously not good. You can go down whichever road you want and the main thing people get upset about is the moral/ethics of this all. For me thats up to the individual but the facts are the facts. I'm not a fan of people making stuff up - its enforceable in Oz, they'll come find you and revoke your visa etc.

However I also would not want to encourage people in anyway to jump ship to Oz and think everything would be okay. Fact is if you can't make ends meet in the Uk you'll be truly screwed over here.

If the revoking of Visa's is to take place due to bad debtors moving to Australia, then most of the POMES over here will be comming back to the UK
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Drinky
If the revoking of Visa's is to take place due to bad debtors moving to Australia, then most of the POMES over here will be comming back to the UK
I left the UK not owing a single cent to anybody. I would suggest that's the case for most people.

Don't judge the rest of us by your own 'standards'.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I left the UK not owing a single cent to anybody. I would suggest that's the case for most people.

Don't judge the rest of us by your own 'standards'.

Not just me thats left the UK with bad debt, ask around, I bet you'll find several that have
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Not just me thats left the UK with bad debt, ask around, I bet you'll find several that have
There is a huge difference between 'several' and 'most'.
Have you done some kind of study on this to back-up your 'most pomes skipped the country in debt' theory? Sounds like drivel to me.

And what's with the big thumbs up? I wouldn't have thought it was something to be particularly proud of that you managed your finances so poorly (whether by choice or circumstances) that you ended up being so far in debt.
Wether it is moral or not - well you have to live with it and don't seem to have any conscience about it but IMO not an attractive characteristic in someone that they are so delighted to run up huge debts and skip off without paying them without so much as a backwards glance.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Rod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to all

yes - give yourself a huge pat on the back that you have managed to live a champagne lifestyle on a lambrini budget....

well done - a fine upstanding citizen.

nothing more than a common thief
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Awwwwwwwww come mate, I've still got some cash left

Last edited by ib-jason; Aug 15th 2014 at 4:48 pm. Reason: Linked image flagged as linking to a suspected malware site
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:27 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Debt?!

I still feel bad about the book I found at the bottom of my suitcase when I unpacked many years ago ... Chatham library will be furious ... I can't go back and visit my family ... I wake in cold sweats ... I DAREN'T join a local library ... I shudder at every phone call ...

The book?

"The Observers Guide To Internet Trolls".
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:29 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Debt?!

I still feel bad about the book I found at the bottom of my suitcase when I unpacked many years ago ... Chatham library will be furious ... I can't go back and visit my family ... I wake in cold sweats ... I DAREN'T join a local library ... I shudder at every phone call ...

The book?

"The Observers Guide To Internet Trolls".
This one would be an extra spotty version methinks

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Sep 27th 2010 at 11:35 pm. Reason: left out "be"
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:34 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
This one would an extra spotty version methinks
I will re-read the "BlatantlyObviousosaurous" chapter ...
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:36 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I will re-read the "BlatantlyObviousosaurous" chapter ...
The things you see when you haven't got a moderator shotgun.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:42 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
The things you see when you haven't got a moderator shotgun.
Sometimes it is more fun to bait a little before bringing in the mortein.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Awwwwwwwww come mate, I've still got some cash left

Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Rod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to all

Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rod-Helen-Poppy
das dus geat da

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.