Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LEAVING UK CAN STUDY CONTINUE IN OZ

LEAVING UK CAN STUDY CONTINUE IN OZ

Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default LEAVING UK CAN STUDY CONTINUE IN OZ

DOING AN HNC AT MOMENT IN UK, COULD THIS BE CONTINUED IN AUSTRALIA?
ALSO AS ABOVE WITH REGARDS TO OPEN UNIVERSITY?
WHERE COULD I FIND THIS OUT?
Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LEAVING UK CAN STUDY CONTINUE IN OZ

They have different qualification in Australia so I doubt you can do the HNC.

Regarding Open University, I have abandoned the course I was part way through. They will not send materials overseas, you would have to organise for materials to be sent to a UK address and then be sent on, which can cut into "term time", you would have to go back to the UK for exams and also you would not be entitled to domestic fees.

I decided it was not worth it.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Do you know what is the equivalent to HNC?
Just got email, from Open University, they said they can sometimes arrange for the exams to be sat in colleges in Australia but would cost £210. So i guess OH will be ditching it aswell.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You might be able to get some RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) but you will still have to do the course and pay for it (L210 is peanuts in comparison, so if that is the only barrier to getting an OU degree I would continue with it - the alternative is going to cost you $15k or more).