Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

Old May 22nd 2007, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice
Default Re: leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

thank you,thats what i was trying to get across,then i felt like i was been attacked,never been to brissie,can you give me any info,thanks
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by down under
thank you,thats what i was trying to get across,then i felt like i was been attacked,never been to brissie,can you give me any info,thanks
plenty of threads on the Gold Coast around here, use the search function. From what I have read it is busier than Perth, just as hot in summer (more humid mind) and just as cool in winter. Housing can be cheaper, cost of living I read as much the same.
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice

thank you
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
most welcome
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:03 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Ignore it Worzel. It's a pointless argument and not worth the effort.
I would really like to leave it. But I can't help feeling that if I had read some the crap about Perth that I have read on here 2 or 3 years ago we would have made a huge mistake and gone east. I would hate anyone still undecided to make that mistake so I feel it necessary to try and balance out the critics so they can make an informed decision.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

im not angry,im stating a fact as i read it
It's not fact, it's your opinion. Thinking it and turning it into words on your computer screen does not alter that.

(Editors Note: I couldn't give a shit either way about Perth, never having visited the place).
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:16 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Perth is not for everyone.
Neither is Queensland.
Nor Australia for that matter.

Oh shit, now I've done it.

Old May 22nd 2007, 4:43 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
I would really like to leave it. But I can't help feeling that if I had read some the crap about Perth that I have read on here 2 or 3 years ago we would have made a huge mistake and gone east. I would hate anyone still undecided to make that mistake so I feel it necessary to try and balance out the critics so they can make an informed decision.

Chill out and lighten up you seems to take it all too serious !!! people have the right to have an opinion whether you agree or not I think people on this site get a hard time if they decide perth is not right for them !!!! but from my observation the most unhappy posts do seem to come from perth. I think you should let people have their say and help without you getting on the "perth is wonderful". Do you think people moving from the otherside of the world , a huge decision they will make in their life will listen and act on your threads.... I think people will make their own minds up.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:53 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
If you currently spend a lot of time having holidays to other parts of the UK or Europe the isolation will bother you. If you spend your weekends with friends at pubs or clubs Perth will be too dull for you and if you see a member of your family at least twice a week don't bother emigrating because you won't last 12 months. IMO of course.
Great post NB, honest and straight to the point. I'm an idiot as you all know.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:54 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lol
Chill out and lighten up you seems to take it all too serious !!! people have the right to have an opinion whether you agree or not I think people on this site get a hard time if they decide perth is not right for them !!!! but from my observation the most unhappy posts do seem to come from perth. I think you should let people have their say and help without you getting on the "perth is wonderful". Do you think people moving from the otherside of the world , a huge decision they will make in their life will listen and act on your threads.... I think people will make their own minds up.
Great post too.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Great post NB, honest and straight to the point. I'm an idiot as you all know.
Stop beating yourself up Rachel, you are not an idiot and you know it. Get out with a mate and grab a coffee, it is a beautiful day out there today.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I hear you. On our validation trip in 2004 we went to SE Qld, mainly on what I had read on here, what a wonderful place it is etc. Well we got there and did not like it one bit. Brisbane is a dump. We stayed in the Redcliffe/Deception Bay area, again based on what we read on here. What a craphole. There are some nice areas in SE Qld but R.cliffe/DB ain't one of them. We then flew over here and loved it. In a way it was a valuable lesson for me - never listen to/take notice of opinions posted on here. I know what i want out of Australia and I don't get it off this website.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Nor Australia for that matter.

Oh shit, now I've done it.

You are so right.
Emigration, anywhere is not for everyone but some people only find this out when they make the mistake of moving to another country.
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshine Coast is great, much nicer than Perth :-))
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Sunshine Coast is great, much nicer than Perth :-))
Perth is great, much nicer than the SC.

Each to their own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.