Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

Old May 21st 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

Originally Posted by Uuuh Patsy
I doubt that all the people who have gone before have not been close to family. I can undestand it can make it difficult, but its bit general to say you just shouldnt bother. I think by close you mean living in each others pockets?
I certainly don't miss my family at all. But, because my parents are old (really old), I very often think when the phone rings, it's because of them. I'm lucky that I have a brother who looks after them, otherwise it would be very hard and I perhaps would have to go back more frequently. I feel somehow responsible for their wellbeing. It is not easy.
Old May 21st 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by glynnieandy
I have been just once myself and I was impressed with what I saw eg. everywhere is so clean, the climate is fab, the people are friendly and I know my I could give my 3 kids a better life style. It is isolated but as long as the airport remains in operation I will be happy.
yes, it is clean, very clean and the weather is good, except for those hot days. At the moment, it is freezing. The temperature in some parts of Perth is 19 degrees during the day but only 2 degrees in the morning ( 6-7 o'clock). No clouds means cold, really cold. Many houses have only one gas heater in the living room, I don't know how they manage in the bathroom in the morning.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
no mortgage ? Do you know how much real estate costs in Perth ?
Word.

Most expensive real estate in Australia. Perth's a great place if you're already here, arrived when houses were cheap. If you arrive now and all you can afford is Merriwa or Wanneroo then you are crazy not to be heading east, to QLD.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:59 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Past caring now. Some will like it, some won't. It is quiet, laid back, 20 years in the past and that is just the way I like it.

Amen to that
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:11 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Dont want to put a dampner on your Perth move but there do seem to be alot of people not overjoyed with living in Perth?

Just out of interest (never been there myself), but why have you chosen the most isolated city on earth to move to? I'm not trying to be antagonisitc but curious?
Oh, FFS! Here we go again.
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
What?

A simple question and from the amount of people who seem to find Perth too isolated after a while, one thats worth asking I reckon
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:31 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
What?

A simple question and from the amount of people who seem to find Perth too isolated after a while, one thats worth asking I reckon

This question has been asked and answered thousands of times, those of us that are here and enjoy it are getting a bit fed up with the repetiveness (sp) of these threads, as they alway end up as a Perth is boring/isolated/shit thread!!
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
This question has been asked and answered thousands of times, those of us that are here and enjoy it are getting a bit fed up with the repetiveness (sp) of these threads, as they alway end up as a Perth is boring/isolated/shit thread!!
Fair enough but if someone asks a genuine question and they're thinking of moving there I think they want a reply. Yes they can search and search but you know.

Its great loads of people love it there - by posing questions and getting answers like NB's though it can help someone gauge a bit more if the place is the right choice for them
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:44 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

hi there, didnt want to course a stir !! but noone has answered my first question, has anyone done it ?? and whats their opinions ?? didnt ask for all the love perth people to answer, it was not a slag off of perth just a question. chill out !!!! if you all happy thats great no need to defend:curse:
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lol
hi there, didnt want to course a stir !! but noone has answered my first question, has anyone done it ?? and whats their opinions ?? didnt ask for all the love perth people to answer, it was not a slag off of perth just a question. chill out !!!! if you all happy thats great no need to defend:curse:
I didnt think you were trying to stir at all

Cant help as not lived in Perth. Do live on the East Coast though.

Its lovely and green in places, umm....gets v hot in summer.....
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lol
OK, we nearly did. We visited the Sunshine coast over Christmas with a view to a potential move. We loved Noosa, Tewantin, Eumundi and would have moved there in a flash if we had not already moved to Perth 4 years earlier.

It's bad enough leaving your job, friends, family to come to Oz from the UK. We didn't want to have to do it all over again just as we were getting settled in Perth.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
OK, we nearly did. We visited the Sunshine coast over Christmas with a view to a potential move. We loved Noosa, Tewantin, Eumundi and would have moved there in a flash if we had not already moved to Perth 4 years earlier.

It's bad enough leaving your job, friends, family to come to Oz from the UK. We didn't want to have to do it all over again just as we were getting settled in Perth.
Having to start all over in Oz would be a pain indeed once you've started to settle.
Eumundi is a nice spot though isnt it.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Ignore it Worzel. It's a pointless argument and not worth the effort.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Ignore it Worzel. It's a pointless argument and not worth the effort.
Whose arguing
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin

And too expensive (housing, groceries) to live at the edge of the world.
This is certainly true unles you are earning a very good salary - i.e. household income over $100K - even then I can think of better value places to spend my $100K!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.