Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

Old May 21st 2007, 4:58 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future
Question leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

hi there, we have been in perth for 18mths and are heading to the sunshine coast, has anyone else left perth and gone to the sunshine coast ?? did you find what you were looking for there ??? or was it similar
Old May 21st 2007, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: leaving perth heading for the sunshine coast

Originally Posted by lol
hi there, we have been in perth for 18mths and are heading to the sunshine coast, has anyone else left perth and gone to the sunshine coast ?? did you find what you were looking for there ??? or was it similar
For those of us planning on heading to Perth, can you enlighten us as to why you are leaving?
Old May 21st 2007, 8:52 am
Just Joined

glynnieandy is an unknown quantity at this point

We are nervous about the moving away thing as it is. I had heard Perth was a brilliant place!!
Old May 21st 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynnieandy
We are nervous about the moving away thing as it is. I had heard Perth was a brilliant place!!
Dont want to put a dampner on your Perth move but there do seem to be alot of people not overjoyed with living in Perth?

Just out of interest (never been there myself), but why have you chosen the most isolated city on earth to move to? I'm not trying to be antagonisitc but curious?
Old May 21st 2007, 10:45 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for the Perth defenders .......

"It's not isolated, it's only 3 hours by Virgin Galactic"

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Dont want to put a dampner on your Perth move but there do seem to be alot of people not overjoyed with living in Perth?

Just out of interest (never been there myself), but why have you chosen the most isolated city on earth to move to? I'm not trying to be antagonisitc but curious?
Old May 21st 2007, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin

Very good.....

from what I understand they are probably all tucked up in bed in the land of nod as theres not much else to do of an evening
Old May 21st 2007, 11:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Past caring now. Some will like it, some won't. It is quiet, laid back, 20 years in the past and that is just the way I like it.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:17 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

20 years ago I was just starting high school, no thanks
Originally Posted by northernbird
Past caring now. Some will like it, some won't. It is quiet, laid back, 20 years in the past and that is just the way I like it.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

20 years ago I was just starting high school, no thanks
wee baby, 20 years ago I had finished high school.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by birdynumnum

Does the Isolation thing really have any impact on the day to day life of people or is it more a physcolgical thing?
Old May 21st 2007, 11:21 am

Well i might have fancied you when I was a spotty 11 year old

wee baby, 20 years ago I had finished high school.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Uuuh Patsy
Does the Isolation thing really have any impact on the day to day life of people or is it more a physcolgical thing?
If you currently spend a lot of time having holidays to other parts of the UK or Europe the isolation will bother you. If you spend your weekends with friends at pubs or clubs Perth will be too dull for you and if you see a member of your family at least twice a week don't bother emigrating because you won't last 12 months. IMO of course.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Careful NB. Don't get sucked in.....
Old May 21st 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

If you currently spend a lot of time having holidays to other parts of the UK or Europe the isolation will bother you. If you spend your weekends with friends at pubs or clubs Perth will be too dull for you and if you see a member of your family at least twice a week don't bother emigrating because you won't last 12 months. IMO of course.
I think I fail all of these. I'm a real coach potato. Sit on my curvy ass all weekend. Cant afford to have holidays or go to the pub with 3 kids under 3 in the near future; cant stand my inlaws. See my parents every week though.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uuuh Patsy
I think I fail all of these. I'm a real coach potato. Sit on my curvy ass all weekend. Cant afford to have holidays or go to the pub with 3 kids under 3 in the near future; cant stand my inlaws. See my parents every week though.
If you are really close to your family then it is virtually impossible to emigrate successfully IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.