Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet??

Lancashire Meet??

Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire Meet??

hey why dont you all come wave me and daughter off at the airport! can be a trial run for WHEN the visa arrives
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Alkristen - Al (Sydney/Brisbane)
CathnPaul - Cath, Paul & 2 lads age 15 and 11 (sunshine coast)
Keith and Lol (plus kids -maybe- 19, 12 and 10) (wagga wagga,NSW)
Mindblower - Dave & wendy + family?? (Perth)
Mrs JFW - Jackie - if she can get there. (Brisbane - but after a glass vino then Anywhere!!!)
Daunted -the mad lady who is choosing us lot over oz!! hmmm??lol. (Perth)
My mate VikkiL - Nick, Amber (16), Travis (6) and Mason (2). (Sunshine Coast)
Bushpig - Jo- 2 lads age 7 & 8 (Darwin)
Dobbin 74 - Chris and Ali Hannah 14 & Jacob 12 (Gold coast, Brisbane)
Dianej and 12yr old daughter.(Melbourne)
Chippie74 - lee & leanne,steve & shelly (Darwin)
Leechy - Nicky,Steve, Danny (9), Aimee (5) and Alfie (2). (Perth)
GaryVFR8 - Gary and Vicky. (Tasmania)
True Blue Toffee - 2 boys (6 and 8).(Victoria)
Louise - 2 boys 8 and 6 (Brisbane)
Richard4 - OH and daughter age 4
Oznoodle - OH and two boys (ages 11 & 9).(Perth)
Jules29 - OH and three girls aged 9, 7 and 3 (Townsville,Qland)
The Whitings - Janet, Shaun, Bethany (11), Nathan (9). (Brisbane)
dondotone - Donna and Paul
Cowpey - Stu, Julie and Tom,15 (Perth)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

that would be so funny - have you seen how many of us there are - you would have to show them your award at customs and have the paparazzi there too.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

you have me down for going to darwin...i am off to adelaide no one else is gong there
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:24 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Keith&Lol;4466521]
Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Right ive just spoke to a lad called Lee and he said that someone has been in asking about the expats meet and done a reccie so thankyou.

Hi Cath, It was Keith, the bar area holds around 150 people and is open plan with a raised area on one side, and the eating area is really big. It was Lee who Keith spoke to, said it would be no problem to hold a meet there. Keith noticed that there is nothing for kids to do so some parents might wanna bring some things from home in case they get bored!!!
Lee did say you can phone ahead if you know how many want to eat, or you can phone individually the number is..01204 698877. Hope this helps....see you there

Lol xx

Cheers Keith and lol. Good reconaissance.

al
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:26 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daunted
hey why dont you all come wave me and daughter off at the airport! can be a trial run for WHEN the visa arrives
I bet your flying out a some silly time in Morning like most flights to Austraila. That is one of the reasons why I usually use Emirates they have a few choices in flight departure times.
Gary and Vikky
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:35 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
I bet your flying out a some silly time in Morning like most flights to Austraila. That is one of the reasons why I usually use Emirates they have a few choices in flight departure times.
Gary and Vikky
singapore fly at 10am, is this too early?

al
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:42 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alkristensen
singapore fly at 10am, is this too early?

al
Thats not to bad, Means you need to get there around 7 ish which is good you miss the rush hour. We dropped a friend off the other week for this flight they was on there way to NZ, How many of you are of our on the Reccie trip?
Hope it goes well!! When do you fly?
Gary and Vikky
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:59 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Right ive just spoke to a lad called Lee and he said that someone has been in asking about the expats meet and done a reccie so thankyou.

asically he can put a buffet on for five to 7 quid ish a head or we can just choose to stay in the bar and go off for food in the restaurant bit if individually want which i think is a BETTER IDEA PERSONALLY.

The last time i tried organising one with food it was a nightmare and that was only for about 14 people!!

Basically get there a little early if you want to eat or order bar food or sit down after/during the meet, BASICALLY WHATEVER SUITS YOU ALL THE BEST.

Its the easiest way i can guarantee everyone will be happy.

I asked about free food but no..........

The bar is generally pretty quiet at the weekend when no matvch is on so we are ok there

hope this helps

see you all there
al
I agree - nightmare trying to organise food - we did it on the first meet but it fell through. The indian meet was a gooden though Al. Enjoyed that one.

Thank you for whoever has done the rekkie - unless its another meet using the same place.

Huston - I have a problem - I may be a little late due to double booking. I hadnt realised I was meant to be away - will try to get back as fast as can and will post the labels to someone so you have them at the start of it all. But just letting you all know - I maybe late. Bit peeved off really - but cant change it as have put her off 3 times already and we have no other weekends free before we go.[/QUOTE]
Nice one Cath...
Old Mar 1st 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Gary and Vikky

Nah Nah!! was one of the reasons we chose Emirates too
Fly at 2pm - so see you all there!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mindblower
I agree - nightmare trying to organise food - we did it on the first meet but it fell through. The indian meet was a gooden though Al. Enjoyed that one.

Thank you for whoever has done the rekkie - unless its another meet using the same place.

Huston - I have a problem - I may be a little late due to double booking. I hadnt realised I was meant to be away - will try to get back as fast as can and will post the labels to someone so you have them at the start of it all. But just letting you all know - I maybe late. Bit peeved off really - but cant change it as have put her off 3 times already and we have no other weekends free before we go.
We organised food on the first meet Dave???? I had that many run ins with the managers it was a nightmare pre-meet over food- in the end Laceys young rellie got us a few chips that we were double charged for!!! A true nightmare - I enjoyed the indian one too and have been back there since.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

We organised food on the first meet Dave???? I had that many run ins with the managers it was a nightmare pre-meet over food- in the end Laceys young rellie got us a few chips that we were double charged for!!! A true nightmare - I enjoyed the indian one too and have been back there since.

Ah yes, doesn't time fly Cath -lol
Been back to the indian huh...interesting..

Big turnout here innit....great..

Dave
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:25 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Hi,
got our acknowledgment through today of receipt through the post!!! dead chuffed. I can now sit back and calm down,

good luck anyone waiting.

Jo
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

oznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bushpig
Hi,
got our acknowledgment through today of receipt through the post!!! dead chuffed. I can now sit back and calm down,

good luck anyone waiting.

Jo
Congratulations. It is a good feeling knowing that they've definitely received the app. We got our CO mid feb and go for our meds next week so no sitting back and calming down for us just yet!!!
Nic
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oznoodle
Congratulations. It is a good feeling knowing that they've definitely received the app. We got our CO mid feb and go for our meds next week so no sitting back and calming down for us just yet!!!
Nic

Hi Nic
We haven't got anything about a CO yet but we have done med's and pcc, but I'm not to bothered when that get's sorted. Having said that Are removals are going end of this month Air freight half way through April then we go 14th May, so there is time for me to get all wound up again, I think I'l just have this weekend off from stressing, start again Mon...

I'm just so chuffed that they have received it cause I could not go through the whole cutting and paste of all the passport pages ect again...

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.