Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet??

Lancashire Meet??

Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:08 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lancashire Meet??

im laughing at how grown up and organised i am. whaen you meet me youll feel otherwise LOL. ill be the p155ed one with a suit on straight from the wedding the night before so sorry if i just dribble while you are talking to me!
al[/QUOTE]

Will you have a clip board as well???
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushpig
im laughing at how grown up and organised i am. whaen you meet me youll feel otherwise LOL. ill be the p155ed one with a suit on straight from the wedding the night before so sorry if i just dribble while you are talking to me!
al

Will you have a clip board as well???[/QUOTE]

Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:37 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Will you have a clip board as well???
[/quote]

Right ive just spoke to a lad called Lee and he said that someone has been in asking about the expats meet and done a reccie so thankyou.

asically he can put a buffet on for five to 7 quid ish a head or we can just choose to stay in the bar and go off for food in the restaurant bit if individually want which i think is a BETTER IDEA PERSONALLY.

The last time i tried organising one with food it was a nightmare and that was only for about 14 people!!

Basically get there a little early if you want to eat or order bar food or sit down after/during the meet, BASICALLY WHATEVER SUITS YOU ALL THE BEST.

Its the easiest way i can guarantee everyone will be happy.

I asked about free food but no..........

The bar is generally pretty quiet at the weekend when no matvch is on so we are ok there

hope this helps

see you all there
al
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:41 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi, I have said to CathnPaul that I will do a reccie a week on Sunday don't think going this Sunday would do any good. Would it be worth giving them a call and chatting to them?
Let me know.
Gary and Vikky
if it was you that has done the reccie , thanks alot, appreciate it. all seems ok for the 1st April, the place will be quiet the guy said when footy isnt on, and they play the day before so we are all ok

al
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

hi CAth Npaul
will you put us on your v. organised list please

The Cowpeys- Stu, Julie and Tom,15 heading to Perth

Stu will be the one driving! G'day chardonnay!

cheers julie cowpey
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cowpeys
hi CAth Npaul
will you put us on your v. organised list please

The Cowpeys- Stu, Julie and Tom,15 heading to Perth

Stu will be the one driving! G'day chardonnay!

cheers julie cowpey
Alkristen - Al (Sydney/Brisbane)
CathnPaul - Cath, Paul & 2 lads age 15 and 11 (sunshine coast)
Keith and Lol (plus kids -maybe- 19, 12 and 10) (wagga wagga,NSW)
Mindblower - Dave & wendy + family?? (Perth)
Mrs JFW - Jackie - if she can get there. (Brisbane - but after a glass vino then Anywhere!!!)
Daunted -the mad lady who is choosing us lot over oz!! hmmm??lol. (Perth)
My mate VikkiL - Nick, Amber (16), Travis (6) and Mason (2). (Sunshine Coast)
Bushpig - Jo- 2 lads age 7 & 8 (Darwin)
Dobbin 74 - Chris and Ali (are you wagga too???)
Dianej and 12yr old daughter.(Melbourne)
Chippie74 - lee & leanne,steve & shelly (Darwin)
Leechy - Nicky,Steve, Danny (9), Aimee (5) and Alfie (2). (Perth)
GaryVFR8 - Gary and Vicky. (Tasmania)
True Blue Toffee - 2 boys (6 and 8).(Victoria)
Louise - 2 boys 8 and 6 (Brisbane)
Richard4 - OH and daughter age 4
Oznoodle - OH and two boys (ages 11 & 9).(Perth)
Jules29 - OH and three girls aged 9, 7 and 3 (Townsville,Qland)
The Whitings - Janet, Shaun, Bethany (11), Nathan (9). (Brisbane)
dondotone - Donna and Paul
Cowpey - Stu, Julie and Tom,15 (Perth)

Last edited by CathnPaul; Feb 28th 2007 at 7:56 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alkristensen

Right ive just spoke to a lad called Lee and he said that someone has been in asking about the expats meet and done a reccie so thankyou.

asically he can put a buffet on for five to 7 quid ish a head or we can just choose to stay in the bar and go off for food in the restaurant bit if individually want which i think is a BETTER IDEA PERSONALLY.

The last time i tried organising one with food it was a nightmare and that was only for about 14 people!!

Basically get there a little early if you want to eat or order bar food or sit down after/during the meet, BASICALLY WHATEVER SUITS YOU ALL THE BEST.

Its the easiest way i can guarantee everyone will be happy.

I asked about free food but no..........

The bar is generally pretty quiet at the weekend when no matvch is on so we are ok there

hope this helps

see you all there
al[/QUOTE]
I agree - nightmare trying to organise food - we did it on the first meet but it fell through. The indian meet was a gooden though Al. Enjoyed that one.

Thank you for whoever has done the rekkie - unless its another meet using the same place.

Huston - I have a problem - I may be a little late due to double booking. I hadnt realised I was meant to be away - will try to get back as fast as can and will post the labels to someone so you have them at the start of it all. But just letting you all know - I maybe late. Bit peeved off really - but cant change it as have put her off 3 times already and we have no other weekends free before we go.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=CathnPaul;4466355]Right ive just spoke to a lad called Lee and he said that someone has been in asking about the expats meet and done a reccie so thankyou.

Hi Cath, It was Keith, the bar area holds around 150 people and is open plan with a raised area on one side, and the eating area is really big. It was Lee who Keith spoke to, said it would be no problem to hold a meet there. Keith noticed that there is nothing for kids to do so some parents might wanna bring some things from home in case they get bored!!!
Lee did say you can phone ahead if you know how many want to eat, or you can phone individually the number is..01204 698877. Hope this helps....see you there

Lol xx

Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Keith&Lol;4466521]

Hi Cath, It was Keith, the bar area holds around 150 people and is open plan with a raised area on one side, and the eating area is really big. It was Lee who Keith spoke to, said it would be no problem to hold a meet there. Keith noticed that there is nothing for kids to do so some parents might wanna bring some things from home in case they get bored!!!
Lee did say you can phone ahead if you know how many want to eat, or you can phone individually the number is..01204 698877. Hope this helps....see you there

Lol xx

Keith you star!!!! Cheers for that - really appreciated. LoL - good point about bringing toys for younger kids -i bet all the older kids will be on gameboys psps etc. lol!! cheers for that.

This meet is a gooden already - I havent known as much pull together as everyone on this. Its normally left to one or two people, but everyone seems to be pulling together!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=CathnPaul;4466558]
Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
Keith you star!!!! Cheers for that - really appreciated. LoL - good point about bringing toys for younger kids -i bet all the older kids will be on gameboys psps etc. lol!! cheers for that.

This meet is a gooden already - I havent known as much pull together as everyone on this. Its normally left to one or two people, but everyone seems to be pulling together!!
No prob, glad to help, Keith wasn't sure if it was Sat or Sun, but Lee said Saturdays get really busy even when there is no game on, so I guess we picked the right day.

Lol xx
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Keith&Lol;4466580]
No prob, glad to help, Keith wasn't sure if it was Sat or Sun, but Lee said Saturdays get really busy even when there is no game on, so I guess we picked the right day.

Lol xx
Too right LoL - really really appreciate it as was getting a bit mithered. Nice to have a manager on board too.

Keith is a star - he really is - they will certainly know that we are coming en mass!!! Cheers Lee of the Harvester. lol. credit to him too.

Bit like the Oscars this....

the rekkie award goes to..... Keith
Kids games award goes to....lol
sticker delivery award goes to....... Gary
person responsible for starting the thread award goes to ..... Daunted.
Retiring chairman award goes to..... Alk
Alchy award goes to..... Jackie (mrs jfw)
Quick wit award goes to...bushpig.

Just to let everyone know Gary will be looking after the stickers for me and giving them out. I will get them all written up and send them over to him.
Cheers for that G. x x x

Have just put the meet into the meet up Calender - had forgotten.

Last edited by CathnPaul; Feb 28th 2007 at 8:03 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=CathnPaul;4466602]
Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
Too right LoL - really really appreciate it as was getting a bit mithered. Nice to have a manager on board too.

Keith is a star - he really is - they will certainly know that we are coming en mass!!! Cheers Lee of the Harvester. lol. credit to him too.

Bit like the Oscars this....

the rekkie award goes to..... Keith
Kids games award goes to....lol
sticker delivery award goes to....... Gary
person responsible for starting the thread award goes to ..... Daunted.
Retiring chairman award goes to..... Alk
Alchy award goes to..... Jackie (mrs jfw)
Quick wit award goes to...bushpig.

Just to let everyone know Gary will be looking after the stickers for me and giving them out. I will get them all written up and send them over to him.
Cheers for that G. x x x

Have just put the meet into the meet up Calender - had forgotten.

ME ME ME ME ME! Dont foget ME! I want an oscar too please
How about one for having a good idea then bogging off to let everyone else do the hard work
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=daunted;4467038]

ME ME ME ME ME! Dont foget ME! I want an oscar too please
How about one for having a good idea then bogging off to let everyone else do the hard work
Daunted you got a Oscar you being gready and wanting two????
You also have the best award(Your VISA) plus you will be in Oz you lucky thing.
Me and Vikky will be there nice and early so if people let us know what sort of time they are arriving. The earlier I get there the more beer I can drink!!! HEHE or should that be Hic Hic!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!!!
Gary and Vikky
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

dobbin74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dobbin74 (Chris & Ali) going to Gold coast/Brisbane.

Might bring kids Hannah 14 & Jacob 12 (If they want to come?)
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

oops sorry - must learn to read properly when have been awarded an oscar! will stick at one - two will only make for more polishing and i SO hate housework!

I only going on a reccie - not got my visa yet However i am on the way! Travis is off to do his funky stuff on friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.