Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Know anythingabout Brisbane

Know anythingabout Brisbane

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Joanie Babes is an unknown quantity at this point

Our house is not as bad as some as it is well insulated. However, I would recommend that you get aircon installed if you don't go well in the heat (at least in the bedroom), it really does make a difference to your quality of life in summer. [/QUOTE]

I think I have manged to get the better half to move downstairs for the weekend- we are in the throws of renovating, but under the house is a damn site cooler even if it is a building yard.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

PommiePaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Joanie Babes
on the winter, although am hopefully going back to North Wales in August for 3 weeks, so will not have to do much temperature adjusting for the UK summer.
Can't wait for a pint of Carling Premium (if they still sell it)
What a coincidence, we are also going to North Wales for three weeks in August. You're not going to a wedding are you?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:11 pm
WBB

Can't wait for a pint of Carling Premium (if they still sell it)
yupp they still sell carling premier, they also have carling extra cold now....you WILL like it if you like premier.

Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:03 pm

rouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Know anythingabout Brisbane

Academy Rentals - 0412 707 942
Blokes name is Simon Fleury.
Most of the estate agents have brochures too, plus they have shops a bit similar to "Radio Rentals (showing my age now).
Thanks JB
Presume this agency in is Brisbane
I have this number in my every growing file for when we get there
Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by PommiePaul
What a coincidence, we are also going to North Wales for three weeks in August. You're not going to a wedding are you?
Not unless my brother isn't telling me something..... No it's my Dad's 60th birthday so am being beckoned home.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by WBB
yupp they still sell carling premier, they also have carling extra cold now....you WILL like it if you like premier.

MMMMM, can taste it now.

Sod it, I am off to the pub even if I do have to drink XXXX.
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

petermcallister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Know anythingabout Brisbane

Originally Posted by Brisgal
Welcome! Great to see so many people heading to Brisbane!

I am Brisbane born and have lived there all my life (32 years) apart from the past 8 months where I currently am living in Wales UK with my Brummie boyfriend. Bound for home November 25th!

I am happy to answer any questions about Brisbane.

You asked about Acacia Ridge. It is on the southside of Brisbane, about 10 minutes from the City. The area is quite old and has a bit of industry in parts. Has good public transport and runs off some major arterial roads in and out of Brisbane.

The Brisbane property market has gone boom at the moment. Maybe rental could be an option initially at least til you suss things out.

Someone mentioned Noosa... a lovely place... about 2 + hours drive from Brisbane.. an hour only gets you as far as Caloundra! Much nicer than the Gold Coast, a lot less touristy. If you want a relaxing lifestyle go for somewhere like the North Coast.

As for Brisbane, I prefer the southside. It has excellent public transport, the south east freeway gets you into the City most days with no trouble.. ok some morning's it's like a parking lot but at least you don't have any traffic lights, plus there is a bus lane for those of you who catch the bus!

Brisbane is a City...not a megatropolis like Sydney...many nights I've spent rollerblading around inner city Brisbane are unforgettable.. where else do you have a man-made beach in the middle of the city where they show new movies for free while you laze around on a lilo in the water or a blanket on the grass smelling those lovely steaks on the barbq..mmmmmm

Questions on Brisbane...ask away!

Hi, Brisgal, you sound really well informed. My family and I are moving there soon, we like the sound of Samford or Kenton. Any info?
Also, we would like to try and arrange a house swap, for this xmas, and later foe a couple of mnths nxt year? Any ideas how we could arrange this? Thanks for all info: Peter and Susan. Costa del Sol, Spain.