Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kingsway Christian College North of Perth

Kingsway Christian College North of Perth

Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Kingsway Christian College North of Perth

I know the schoolie subject is a hot one however i will ask as its getting close now!

Spotted this school in the paper the other night and wondered if anyone has heard of it and could lend an opinion.....

We were on 3 privates waiting lists before arriving and all have told us thanks for your 50 bucks but no prize on the end!

We have lined up Duncraig SH but it doesnt look great from the outside although everyone has said as far as schools go its a gooden' however after reading the blurb for this place it seems a bit of a world apart....

Can anyone help give reasoned advice on this (we will be living in Kingsley from nxt weekend)

Thanks and be Lucky (son is 13)

Matt
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future
Default Re: Kingsway Christian College North of Perth

Originally Posted by pomerz
I know the schoolie subject is a hot one however i will ask as its getting close now!

Spotted this school in the paper the other night and wondered if anyone has heard of it and could lend an opinion.....

We were on 3 privates waiting lists before arriving and all have told us thanks for your 50 bucks but no prize on the end!

We have lined up Duncraig SH but it doesnt look great from the outside although everyone has said as far as schools go its a gooden' however after reading the blurb for this place it seems a bit of a world apart....

Can anyone help give reasoned advice on this (we will be living in Kingsley from nxt weekend)

Matt
I had a look at this school when they had a campus in Merriwa and decided it was not for us. Obviously it is a Christian college but looked far too religion orientated for my family - the enrolment form, for instance, includes questions such as "What does being saved mean to you?" and "How do you view the Bible and what value does it have in your life at present?"
I agree Duncraig doesn't look too impressive from the outside but it does enjoy a good reputation. If it was me I would go with Duncraig.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoveactually
I had a look at this school when they had a campus in Merriwa and decided it was not for us. Obviously it is a Christian college but looked far too religion orientated for my family - the enrolment form, for instance, includes questions such as "What does being saved mean to you?" and "How do you view the Bible and what value does it have in your life at present?"
I agree Duncraig doesn't look too impressive from the outside but it does enjoy a good reputation. If it was me I would go with Duncraig.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
A mum I see occasionally put her Year 7 son in at Kingsway last year. She chose it over other private schools because it had a higher religion content.

The buildings at Churchlands SHS also don't strike you as well-maintained.
If you look at this link provided by ebo1608 last week, you will see that the outside doesn't always reflect what does on inside: http://bettereducation.com.au/results/WA/all.aspx

Churchlands comes in at No 10, Duncraig at 41 and Kingsway Christian College at 74 out of 151.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HelenTD
A mum I see occasionally put her Year 7 son in at Kingsway last year. She chose it over other private schools because it had a higher religion content.

The buildings at Churchlands SHS also don't strike you as well-maintained.
If you look at this link provided by ebo1608 last week, you will see that the outside doesn't always reflect what does on inside: http://bettereducation.com.au/results/WA/all.aspx

Churchlands comes in at No 10, Duncraig at 41 and Kingsway Christian College at 74 out of 151.
Indeed. That link also shows Belridge SHS at 60 and Clarkson CHS at 72.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Indeed. That link also shows Belridge SHS at 60 and Clarkson CHS at 72.
Thanks all for your input may have to ponder this a while......heart was set on churchlands but wallet says no so its one or the other up north i guess!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Isn't there a new secondary college near Kingsley that opened last year? I know nothing about it other than it is called Ashdale Secondary College. Might be worth a look?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Isn't there a new secondary college near Kingsley that opened last year? I know nothing about it other than it is called Ashdale Secondary College. Might be worth a look?
Oh didnt know this one im googling now ta for the tip....
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:56 am
Just Joined

gilfin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We've been in perth for a year now. My two children attend Kingsway Christian College. The college is very good compared to other schools we looked at, even some of the Catholic schools. TRUE the application looks a bit daunting as they ask you about your faith etc...but once you've done that the interview is easy. They are good at challenging gifted kids...My daughter skipped a year and do maths with other kids not in her class. I am a Catholic and Hubby is Church of England, we do go to church but not every week, we are not "hardcore" christian (sorry for term just trying to find the right word) but we have our faith. Hubby was put off by the application form but when the kids visited the school they loved it...They go to the Darch campus...I have a friend who has been here for 3 years and when she saw the type of work and amount of work my kids were doing as oppose to the work her daughter was given at the private school she was at, she decided to put her daughter in Kingsway...All I will say is don't get put off by the application form or interview...the facilities are good, the teachers are nice and the good thing is if you have any issues they listen to you and help to make your kids happy....Goodluck!!...My daughter came from a background of all girls school environment uk and thus it was tough for her but with the help of her class teacher she is happier and embracing the change and the challenge !
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:12 am
Just Joined

gilfin is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget to mention that my sister has been living and teaching in Perth for 10 years and she knows most of the school in Northern suburb. Here's a few secondary schools: Kingsway Christain college (Darch), Prindiville Catholic College (Ocean Reef), Swan Valley Anglican community school (Aveley) Holy Cross (Ellenbrook...but very new and so far good reviews), Swan Christian College(Midland) all these are private but Woodvale high school (heard it is very good) my sister in holiday in Seychelles but will be back soon so you can always send me schools you are interested in and I 'll ask her about it. cheers!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:06 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz

Matt
http://www.myschool.edu.au/Main.aspx...endarYear=2009
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

bhvanarajeev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gilfin
Forget to mention that my sister has been living and teaching in Perth for 10 years and she knows most of the school in Northern suburb. Here's a few secondary schools: Kingsway Christain college (Darch), Prindiville Catholic College (Ocean Reef), Swan Valley Anglican community school (Aveley) Holy Cross (Ellenbrook...but very new and so far good reviews), Swan Christian College(Midland) all these are private but Woodvale high school (heard it is very good) my sister in holiday in Seychelles but will be back soon so you can always send me schools you are interested in and I 'll ask her about it. cheers!
This would be very helpful. We are planning to move next year in Jan 2012 and I would really appreciate your recommendation since you are in Perth and your sister is a teacher. Christ Church was being recommended to us, what are your sisters view on this?
thnx