Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kidz For Oz Thread

Kidz For Oz Thread

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Kidz For Oz Thread

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi chris,
jade has really enjoyed this, so well done to you.
where we are hoping to go ( if successful in my exam..2wks to go) its right opposite magnetic island, so barrier reef trips will be done on a regular basis, beats feeding the ducks at coate water!
by the way, i loved skippy! have you seen kangaroo jack, very funny, the kids loved it and you get to see abit of oz
Trish
Hi Trish
you have done your conversion course haven't you? good luck with your results!
Really looking forward to seeing barrier reef so hope you are up for meeting for a coffee or beer or two. Yes I have seen Kangaroo Jack really funny. Oh yes well kids wanted to live there!!
youngest wanted to see talking kangaroos!!!!! LOL

When you plan on going? we are towards end of year depending on sale of house and visa etc
nice talking to you
Chris

ps yes my sons are enjoying this too particularly Simon,
mind I like to keep tabs too.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Trish
you have done your conversion course haven't you? good luck with your results!
Really looking forward to seeing barrier reef so hope you are up for meeting for a coffee or beer or two. Yes I have seen Kangaroo Jack really funny. Oh yes well kids wanted to live there!!
youngest wanted to see talking kangaroos!!!!! LOL

When you plan on going? we are towards end of year depending on sale of house and visa etc
nice talking to you
Chris

ps yes my sons are enjoying this too particularly Simon,
mind I like to keep tabs too.
thanks chris,

yes, its the conversion course ive done, really hard exam and 2yrs of hell.if we ever get there, dependent on results, you and your family will be welcome to come and see us.
we hope to go end of august on the rsms visa, apparantly usually ( if no probs) can take about 6wks.
josh wants to get really good at skateboarding, connor wants a croc :scared: and jade wants to wear crop tops and mini skirts
great catching up,
know what you mean about keeping tabs, jade is terrible she would sit for hours writing aload of drivvle....actually i could be getting mixed up with me!
take care

Trish
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi Joe W

We dont know where we are going to go yet but what we are going to do is go over there have about a month holiday then go and find a place to rent while we look for a house. Then we will move n and get a dog!
No, honestly when I see a fly I scream so I will be jumping about all over the place. We are hoping to go on a course when we get there to do a first aid thing to make us beware of the animals. We will have to learn to suck a snake bite and stuff. :scared:
Where abouts in England do you live?
aj
Hi AJ.

We live in Brighton which is in sussex, if you no the pier we live around by there. we are going over to brisbane in january to buy a house ready to move into in FEb.

thats a good idea doing a first aid course, i am going to tell my mum about that. my mum has been looking at the posts about spiders and there are some really scary pictures :scared: :scared:

i dont want to be biten by one in the middle of the night that would be nasty!

where do you live ?

have you been to australia before? we have been to brisbane thats why we are going to live there! we went to australia zoo and i meet steve the crocodile man and his huge crocodile called trevor! the zoo is amazing if you go to brisbane you must go and look at it.

thank you for talking to me.!

bye for now Joe W
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lynn W
Hi AJ.

We live in Brighton which is in sussex, if you no the pier we live around by there. we are going over to brisbane in january to buy a house ready to move into in FEb.

thats a good idea doing a first aid course, i am going to tell my mum about that. my mum has been looking at the posts about spiders and there are some really scary pictures :scared: :scared:

i dont want to be biten by one in the middle of the night that would be nasty!

where do you live ?

have you been to australia before? we have been to brisbane thats why we are going to live there! we went to australia zoo and i meet steve the crocodile man and his huge crocodile called trevor! the zoo is amazing if you go to brisbane you must go and look at it.

thank you for talking to me.!

bye for now Joe W
Hi Joe W,

No, we havent been to Australia yet. And we are not going to go for a holiday either. We will just go and hopw we like it. We will though.
That is going to worry me actually, about the spiders, because it is really hot so I wont want to be snuggled up, I wont really use it, and anything could just come up and bite you. :scared:
I live in Yatton, in Bristol.

bye

aj
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Hi Joe W,

No, we havent been to Australia yet. And we are not going to go for a holiday either. We will just go and hopw we like it. We will though.
That is going to worry me actually, about the spiders, because it is really hot so I wont want to be snuggled up, I wont really use it, and anything could just come up and bite you. :scared:
I live in Yatton, in Bristol.

bye

aj
Hi ya Aj

I am going to try not to let it worry me to much. My little brother who is 6 does not want to go now, cause mum showed him the picture on here, have you seen it ? the one with the big spider on a toilet roll ! :scared: :scared:

wow it's HUGE !

We are going over in August to see our friends and agin in january to buy our house. My mum told me that at the school they teach you so body board in the sea as part of the curriculum wow! and that all children are really good swimmers by 6.

We went swimming on the gold coast it's fantastic i love it.

I CANT WAIT !

talk to you soon
Bye JOE W
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi ya Aj

I am going to try not to let it worry me to much. My little brother who is 6 does not want to go now, cause mum showed him the picture on here, have you seen it ? the one with the big spider on a toilet roll ! :scared: :scared:

wow it's HUGE !

We are going over in August to see our friends and agin in january to buy our house. My mum told me that at the school they teach you so body board in the sea as part of the curriculum wow! and that all children are really good swimmers by 6.

I CANT WAIT !

talk to you soon
Bye JOE W

Where can I find the pictures of the spiders, really ought to gen up on the ones to avoid!!

Chris
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Where can I find the pictures of the spiders, really ought to gen up on the ones to avoid!!

Chris

Hi Chris

You can find them on the thread called - The mirgrants guide to emigrating and settling in Au the whole thread is about spiders, watch out for the nasty pic .! :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Chris

You can find them on the thread called - The mirgrants guide to emigrating and settling in Au the whole thread is about spiders, watch out for the nasty pic .! :scared: :scared:

hi

that picture is realy good and a bit scary thinking we might see one.
:scared: :scared: but if you want to go you are going to see them. if you haven't seen it then look at it.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi

that picture is realy good and a bit scary thinking we might see one.
:scared: :scared: but if you want to go you are going to see them. if you haven't seen it then look at it.
Have saved picture it now sits on my desk top just so I know what they look like. Really big and very scary.
Chris
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi ya Aj

wow it's HUGE !

I CANT WAIT !

talk to you soon
Bye JOE W
Hi JOE, SORRY I HAVENT REPLIED FOR A BIT, HAVE BEEN BUSY. YES I HAVE SEEN THE SPIDER PIC, WHEN I DID I SCREAMED. THEY BETTER NOT BE THAT BIG!

YES THEY TEACH BODY BOARDING, SURFING AND EVERYTHING AT THE SCHOOLS. THEY DO THAT AS A PE LESSON.

WE ARE NOT GOING BY THE GOLD COAST, WE ARE GOING ON THE OTHER SIDE.
TALK TO YOU SOON
AJ
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi JOE, SORRY I HAVENT REPLIED FOR A BIT, HAVE BEEN BUSY. YES I HAVE SEEN THE SPIDER PIC, WHEN I DID I SCREAMED. THEY BETTER NOT BE THAT BIG!

YES THEY TEACH BODY BOARDING, SURFING AND EVERYTHING AT THE SCHOOLS. THEY DO THAT AS A PE LESSON.

WE ARE NOT GOING BY THE GOLD COAST, WE ARE GOING ON THE OTHER SIDE.
TALK TO YOU SOON
AJ

Hi AJ

School sounds good, like the sound of the PE lessons it will be well cool cant wait!!! where are you going then if you aren't going near the gold coast? wonder if they have any other lessons that are any good,hope so.

simon
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sherman989 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Our children Aimee aged 8 and Scott aged 11 im sure would love to join in with this thread. At the moment they are in Ireland with their dad.
We have all just returned from a fact finding mission to Australia. We spent a month in NSW finding out about schools, beaches, houses etc, it was brilliant... We are hoping to get back out for good in August and settle in Lake Macquarie, near Newcastle. If any of you kids want to check out the schools there are really good web sites about each school if you go to the areas government site you want. Many have pictures and tell you about what each school is doing etc. The classess are very much the same as here in the UK, and yes I do believe they have P.E on the beach nearly every day.
Aimee cannot wait to get back, but Scott is really unsure and hates change. I will let him know about all of you who are in the same boat.
You just have to keep telling yourselves that its really hard for all your mums and dads as well, changing jobs and houses as its hard for you in changing schools. Just remember each and nearly every day your in Oz it will be sunshine and a beach close by!!!.

..... Scotts & Aimees & Freyas mum
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

QUOTE=Chris Mitchell]Hi AJ

School sounds good, like the sound of the PE lessons it will be well cool cant wait!!! where are you going then if you aren't going near the gold coast? wonder if they have any other lessons that are any good,hope so.

simon[/QUOTE]

Hi Simon, well we are thinking of Armadel in Perth and my mum said its not near the gold coast.

Because it is so hot up over there I expect that they will give more breaks from lessons, because it will get stuffy, or they might do some lessons outside.
Im not sure
Speak 2 you soon, aj
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sherman989

Hi, Our children Aimee aged 8 and Scott aged 11 im sure would love to join in with this thread. At the moment they are in Ireland with their dad.
We have all just returned from a fact finding mission to Australia. We spent a month in NSW finding out about schools, beaches, houses etc, it was brilliant... We are hoping to get back out for good in August and settle in Lake Macquarie, near Newcastle. If any of you kids want to check out the schools there are really good web sites about each school if you go to the areas government site you want. Many have pictures and tell you about what each school is doing etc. The classess are very much the same as here in the UK, and yes I do believe they have P.E on the beach nearly every day.
Aimee cannot wait to get back, but Scott is really unsure and hates change. I will let him know about all of you who are in the same boat.
You just have to keep telling yourselves that its really hard for all your mums and dads as well, changing jobs and houses as its hard for you in changing schools. Just remember each and nearly every day your in Oz it will be sunshine and a beach close by!!!.

..... Scotts & Aimees & Freyas mum
definitely tell your kidsI am sure some of the others will be happy to chat with them. Not sure till look on the map where Lake Mac is but we are going to Sydney. Don't know about the kids but I want to be on the beach too!!!! NOW!!!!!!

Chris (Simons mum)
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

sinead is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Kidz For Oz Thread

Hi my name is Niamh im 11 and have a sister Cara 4 and a brother Callum 3. We are hoping to go to Brisbane around 2006 if all goes well.
When i realised i would be going to oz i was really worried about leaving my friends, making new ones, what school i would go to ect,but now im getting used to the idea and can't wait to have P.E lessons on the beach or have lovely weather all the time!
Hope to hear from anyone with similar thoughts, bye!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.