Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids Rugby Clubs in Mnt Eliza/Frankston South?

Kids Rugby Clubs in Mnt Eliza/Frankston South?

Old May 17th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice
Default Kids Rugby Clubs in Mnt Eliza/Frankston South?

Can anyone tell me if there are any kids rugby clubs in the Mount Eliza or Frankston South area.

We intend to move to the above areas and our 8 year old who is rugby mad currently plays for a team in the UK and is hoping to play when we emigrate.

Thanks

Nikky
Old May 18th 2008, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids Rugby Clubs in Mnt Eliza/Frankston South?

Originally Posted by NiknAid
Can anyone tell me if there are any kids rugby clubs in the Mount Eliza or Frankston South area.

We intend to move to the above areas and our 8 year old who is rugby mad currently plays for a team in the UK and is hoping to play when we emigrate.

Thanks

Nikky
Interesting one. Google rugby victoria.

The fact of the matter is that Rugby is not the main football code in Victoria. Australian Rules Football is the main code but there ARE both rugby league and union clubs around but you might have to travel further than the kid in the same street who is doing Auskick, and people you know may not take much of an interest in it - well apart from the people you meet playing rugby.

I trained with a union club in Endeavour Hills then binned it for a rugby league club in Doveton. Faster and furious.

http://www.vicrugby.com.au/Display.a...gby&tabid=2803

Southern Districts RUC in Seaford might be your best bet. Most of the clubs are NE, E, SE of Melbourne, less on the peninsular.

Riviera Park
Eel Race Rd, Seaford

Whether or not the closest clubs have a junior section is another thing again.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; May 18th 2008 at 4:40 am.
Old May 18th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi,

Are there any clubs up near Doreen / Eltham?

I have two young boys (4 and 2) who love playing rugby - how old do you think they'll have to be to start going to a club??

Also, I wouldn't mind getting into it myself, used to play at school, now 34. Is there a chance I could get into a team?

Cheers,

Colin
Old May 18th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Interesting one. Google rugby victoria.

The fact of the matter is that Rugby is not the main football code in Victoria. Australian Rules Football is the main code but there ARE both rugby league and union clubs around but you might have to travel further than the kid in the same street who is doing Auskick, and people you know may not take much of an interest in it - well apart from the people you meet playing rugby.

I trained with a union club in Endeavour Hills then binned it for a rugby league club in Doveton. Faster and furious.

http://www.vicrugby.com.au/Display.a...gby&tabid=2803

Southern Districts RUC in Seaford might be your best bet. Most of the clubs are NE, E, SE of Melbourne, less on the peninsular.

Riviera Park
Eel Race Rd, Seaford

Whether or not the closest clubs have a junior section is another thing again.
Thanks for the reply.

He currently plays Rugby Union but prefers watching Rugby League. We have been watching a bit of Aussie Rules Football on Sky in preparation - do they let 8 years olds play?

He is very sporty so would be happy playing anything really. I would need to find another professional team for him to watch as we go to Leeds Rhinos (probably shouldn't say that) every home game. Are their professional teams within the Suburbs of Melbourne or is it just Melbourne Storm? I imagine it would be quite expensive to follow them.
Old May 18th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi,

Are there any clubs up near Doreen / Eltham?

I have two young boys (4 and 2) who love playing rugby - how old do you think they'll have to be to start going to a club??

Also, I wouldn't mind getting into it myself, used to play at school, now 34. Is there a chance I could get into a team?

Cheers,

Colin
Yes, there is a club at Eltham. Son plays in the U13's. I believe there is also a seniors team.

http://www.eltham.rugbynet.com.au/

HTH
Old May 19th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi OzSheila,

Thanks for that, I did find this link last night from the post above, they have a U6/8 team, Luke, my eldest will be 5 in October so hoping to get him involved thyen. Yes great news on the Senior team as well, think I'll have to get a bit fitter. Do you live in Eltham?

Thanks for your help,

Colin