Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by The A Team

Hang on I've just got my details out to have a look at what she was talking about.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

She has underlined where it says "there will be payments to third parties such as search fees, stamp duty and land registry fees" . I thougt that only the buyer paid these .

Anybody know anything different?
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:48 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey.d
She has underlined where it says "there will be payments to third parties such as search fees, stamp duty and land registry fees" . I thougt that only the buyer paid these .

You have agreed to pay the buyers fees ie searches, stamp duty etc if you dont agree to it get on the phone and say you are not paying it.

On the other hand it is an insentive to buyers knowing they dont have to pay but you may as well have lowered your asking price.

Kay
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:06 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that's just standard speak, we had a similar thing in our solicitor quotation but only the buyer pays stamp duty, search fees etc.

Best to check but I'm sure that will be the case.

Although, of course, there's nothing to stop you organising the searches so they're ready for your buyer, I think they're valid for three or six months - might be worth discussing with your solicitor as it's usually the searches that can hold things up.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a solicitor (although not a conveyancer) - as far as I'm aware, as a seller with no related purchase, you will have to pay for office copy entries of your title (if it's registered land) at a cost of about £8; telegraphic transfer fee of £35.25 to redeem your mortgage; possibly additional redemption costs charged by your mortgage company - couple of hundred quid maybe and the estate agents commission. Everything else is the buyer's responsibility....
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:09 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicstids
I'm a solicitor (although not a conveyancer) - as far as I'm aware, as a seller with no related purchase, you will have to pay for office copy entries of your title (if it's registered land) at a cost of about £8; telegraphic transfer fee of £35.25 to redeem your mortgage; possibly additional redemption costs charged by your mortgage company - couple of hundred quid maybe and the estate agents commission. Everything else is the buyer's responsibility....
Phew!!!! Tracey got me worried there for a minute......though things had changed since I last sold a house.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:29 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Phew!!!! Tracey got me worried there for a minute......though things had changed since I last sold a house.
Oh yes - I forgot - your solicitors fees
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, didn't mean to worry anybody was just going by what the agent said. Have just rang them and spoke to one of their financial advisors, he doesn't even know what she's talking about . He tried to say it would be for the home that I would be purchasing but the woman who cam eto the house knopws that I'm going abroad.

She definitely said 2%, although the man said that there isn't evenm 2% in the stamp duty banding . He's goijng to get her to ring me anyway to clear things up.

Panic over. She's just rang me and apologised fo rgetting mixed up. She said that she had done that automatically forgetting that I was moving abroad. Phew!!!!!

Does £549 plus vat sound reasonable for the conveyancing fees?

Tracey
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Oh yes - I forgot - your solicitors fees

Lol
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Sorry, didn't mean to worry anybody was just going by what the agent said. Have just rang them and spoke to one of their financial advisors, he doesn't even know what she's talking about . He tried to say it would be for the home that I would be purchasing but the woman who cam eto the house knopws that I'm going abroad.

She definitely said 2%, although the man said that there isn't evenm 2% in the stamp duty banding . He's goijng to get her to ring me anyway to clear things up.

Panic over. She's just rang me and apologised fo rgetting mixed up. She said that she had done that automatically forgetting that I was moving abroad. Phew!!!!!

Tracey

Hi

our fees are around £300, but I think it may depend on the area, as our estate agent fees are around £995 and I have seen on here that most peoples are a lot higher.

Good Luck Donna x
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:10 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Tracey
Yes, ours are £595 with friends and family discount - it's expensive round here!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, ours are £595 with friends and family discount - it's expensive round here!
Sorry to be thick but what are the conveyancing fees?
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi

our fees are around £300, but I think it may depend on the area, as our estate agent fees are around £995 and I have seen on here that most peoples are a lot higher.

Good Luck Donna x
I think it depends on the price of your property. When I sold my previous house there was a set fee. All the agents around here ask 1% of the price which unfortunatley is a lot more than £995 especially as they dont deserve a penny.

Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:39 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

We phoned an agency who find the best price for you. Solicitors don't need to be on your doorstep because everything can be done by phone, post or email. I'll pm the details to you. It saved £200+! Worth looking into.
Cheers Sharon
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:40 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

Sorry meant to reply to Traceyd!! Must slow my fingers down ready for brain to catch up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.