Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:51 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by bridiej
I hide things in cupboards, take the kitchen bin, cat litter tray and cat scratching pole and hide them in the garage out the way, put all the surplus toileteries in a basket and hide under the bed, put our mismatching towels neatly in the airing cupboard and put out some new ones I bought specially.

By the time the viewers get here I'm knackered!
Same here was supposed to have someone coming to view at 3.15 today but they cancelled but say they are rebooking for next week work commitments which is fair enough at least i knew they weren't coming what really does pee me off is had a phone call from agent at 5 to say some one wanted to come and view at 8.15 so we all went out for tea no cooking smells or washing up at least that is my excuse and i am sticking to it got back had a last tidy round kept thomas (19mths) up so that they wouldn't disturb him then they don't bloody turn up so i have one grotty toddler and one lovely tidy house oh well hey ho got another viewing booked for monday at 5.30 so will have to keep house tidy all weekend so i don't have much to do monday i just wish they would let u know if they not coming
poshrice
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:07 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ROO
I have had my house up for sale since last december. fallen through once two days before the exchange. Has sold again but is taking forever due to delays on searches. have my final deadline for my capital investment in sep so things are getting tight and very stressful. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Know how you feel, had our house on since last September and fell through 3 weeks ago, we planned to go to Oz this week
Sold again now too. Wishing you loads of luck and hope you exchange soon!!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

I hide things in cupboards, take the kitchen bin, cat litter tray and cat scratching pole and hide them in the garage out the way, put all the surplus toileteries in a basket and hide under the bed, put our mismatching towels neatly in the airing cupboard and put out some new ones I bought specially.

By the time the viewers get here I'm knackered!
Ditto except the cat stuff!! cos' we don't have one...we had our first viewers last night after being in the paper for the first time yesterday, luckily the house was pretty spotless as I had a kind of sixth sense that the estate agents would ring, I was just about to do a mammoth ironing session - 5 bin bags full...yes you read correctly '5' so I had to get hubby to put them all in the back of the car along with three kids and go to his mothers.

Anybody fancy a spot of ironing?

Oh and a quick tip... dissolve a teaspoon of coffee in a bit of water and burn it in an oil burner half an hour before a viewing and the house will smell lovely.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Ours has gone on the market today!! Wish us luck please - reckon we're gonna need it!

Good luck guys. will send you some k.

Tracey
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
got our first viewer coming tomorrow apperently thier house is sold im startin to get excited i know i shouldent but i cant help it
Good luck missus. some k for you too

Tracey
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Ours has gone on the market today!! Wish us luck please - reckon we're gonna need it!

Luck and K in case you need it - you never know
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by kelli28
got our first viewer coming tomorrow apperently thier house is sold im startin to get excited i know i shouldent but i cant help it

Good luck and fingers crossed for you
Old Jul 30th 2005, 2:38 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

In case any of you have not seen my other post we accepted an asking price offer this morning after 7 days on the market. Both over the moon, although I think in shock as it hasnt really sunk in yet....!
Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

In case any of you have not seen my other post we accepted an asking price offer this morning after 7 days on the market. Both over the moon, although I think in shock as it hasnt really sunk in yet....!

Many grats Bridie - now your plans can start moving quicker and quicker!

I am posting this between packing boxes and keep having to find another box to sit on! And this is only four weeks after accepting an offer - completion in three days and flights booked for two weeks tomorrow

Karma to you in thought only - got to spread it around
Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Thats fantastic news, well done!
Hopefully I to will be letting everyone know soon that I have got and accepted an offer, you never know!! 4th viewers (i think) tomorrow and some Tuesday so fingers crossed....

No doubt you will be celebrating tonight with some nice big glasses of wine

Donna x
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:06 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paylia
Many grats Bridie - now your plans can start moving quicker and quicker!

I am posting this between packing boxes and keep having to find another box to sit on! And this is only four weeks after accepting an offer - completion in three days and flights booked for two weeks tomorrow

Karma to you in thought only - got to spread it around

Hi who you flying with cos we are flying two weeks tomorrow Singapore Airlines to Perth but sadly we are only validating cos we cant sell our house. :scared:

Well done to everyone selling now, does it mean houses are shifting now!!!!

We jsut hope our house sells while we are in Oz that would be ggod aye. Not dropping it anymore have dropped 50k so far.

Pauline
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:11 pm

Wow, that is brilliant news. Congratulations!!
You obviously had it on at the right price to sell it so quickly.
Thank god you dont have to go through months of cleaning and viewings.
Well Done.

Sharon
xx
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Xgeminix
Ditto except the cat stuff!! cos' we don't have one...we had our first viewers last night after being in the paper for the first time yesterday, luckily the house was pretty spotless as I had a kind of sixth sense that the estate agents would ring, I was just about to do a mammoth ironing session - 5 bin bags full...yes you read correctly '5' so I had to get hubby to put them all in the back of the car along with three kids and go to his mothers.

Anybody fancy a spot of ironing?

Oh and a quick tip... dissolve a teaspoon of coffee in a bit of water and burn it in an oil burner half an hour before a viewing and the house will smell lovely.

LOL. Glad I am not the only one that hides stuff in the car. Did the same thing a few weeks ago with unpacked cases 2 days after a return from holiday

Good Luck!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pauline
Hi who you flying with cos we are flying two weeks tomorrow Singapore Airlines to Perth but sadly we are only validating cos we cant sell our house. :scared:

Well done to everyone selling now, does it mean houses are shifting now!!!!

We jsut hope our house sells while we are in Oz that would be ggod aye. Not dropping it anymore have dropped 50k so far.

Pauline
Hi - we fly 2pm Aug 14 with Emirates out of Manchester
Old Jul 31st 2005, 2:39 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paylia
Hi - we fly 2pm Aug 14 with Emirates out of Manchester

Hi We fly 6.30pm 14th August Heathrow... So you will get there before us.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.