Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 3rd 2005, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Hi

We have had our house on the market for 10 weeks - 2 viewings - no offers - reduced by 25K

Getting twitchy - hoping to leave UK for Perth in July

Peter
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:51 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ours is going up for sale next Thursday or Friday the estate agent says sales are picking up!! well he would say that wouldnt he

Keeping fingers crossed for us all.

P.s anyone want to buy a lovely house in the peak district??

ours is the one facing down the road
Attached Thumbnails Just how many of us have house up for sale?-stoney%2520middleton.jpg  

Last edited by possoms; May 3rd 2005 at 6:54 pm.
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:54 pm
blossom

We've been on the market since late October, with 3 viewings and another one tomorrow - wish us luck !! Have turned down 2 viewings to people not even on the market (just being nosey we presume).

Thoroughly fed up of trying to work full time, keep the house spotless and also try and live as normal as possible. So you can add us to your stats. Hopefully (I wish) I can update on a more positive note after our viewing tomorrow - in the meantime, back to cleaning windows and polishing, whilst hubby watches the soccer!

Blossom

Old May 3rd 2005, 7:18 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Been on the market for 2 weeks, 5 viewers, 2 notes of interest + those 2 parties have had house surveyed so we should have 2 offers by our closing date this Thursday 11am.

I am fortunate enough to live in Scotland where we don't seem to be suffering the same problems as England (and we are under different property law where is is extremely difficult for buyers to pull out). Things have been a bit slow though the past 2 weeks but I realise that I am fortunate to have those 2 notes of interest - if their offers are poor though we will be turning them down and hoping that interest picks up after the election.

Good luck everyone - will try to send some karma out,

Lynn x
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:28 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi, we have accepted an offer this weekend a bit less than we had hoped but who cares it's only money and we don't want to be stuck in another 6 months. Its been on the market since mid Feb and we have had a total of 5 viewings, we are a second type of house so not over £100,000

Fingers crossed for everyone else who is on the market and also that ours don't pull out for any stupid reason. :scared:

Michelle
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

hi add us to the list we waited on advice of agent before putting house up for sale...wish wed done it last year when the BOOM was on!!
i empathise with everyone we are in a state of tidyness that is not possible if you actually live in a house!! and on edge when "viewers" come round
we had a young couple 1st visit they were really enthusiastic, and 2nd visit with parents.. rainy dull day (typical) and mother said it seemed a bit dark!! yes it was, bad weather! and it was 6.30pm so that was reason ..
fingers crossed when election over for everyone

dont leave any cushions unplumped, any cups unwashed or any toilet lids up!!! :scared:
BEV
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Add us to the list. We have been on the market since october and sold it twice, but the chain has broken down twice. Both buyers still keen but have been unable to resell their houses.

Went on with another agent about 10 days ago and had 2 viewings. One really liked the house but theirs not on the market....and the other a cash buyer hooray. received an offer today 35k less than asking price. we have already reduced 35k so thought they were taking the p***. Lets hope something picks up soon.

We validated last month so the pressure is off now. We have also heard about the school holidays etc and we have decided that if it doesn't sell by then we will take it off the market and wait till next spring. Its not what we want but with 2 small kids its hard keeping it spotless and working.

Fingers crossed for everyone..will keep you posted.
Irene
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:12 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

UPDATE

for sale = 26
under offer = 3
under offer maybe =2
sold = 1

Nicky
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:15 pm
CMT
Forum Regular

CMT is on a distinguished road

Hi
Plus us, been up for sale since end Nov 04, had a handfull of viewings, we are looking for someone who has made a profit on their first house really, one couple offered us full asking price, then turns out they hadn't even sold theirs!!! With two young kids, bit of a nightmare every time we have a viewing!!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:18 pm
Merlot

For those who are struggling and dropping their prices, will this affect your ability to get the life you planned for in Oz, e.g. mortgage free/little mortgage? Any thoughts?

We have been offered a couple of investment places here to buy and are in a position to do so BUT I think the prices are far too high. Then we have our return to Oz to think about?

Too many swings & roundabouts here.

M

Old May 3rd 2005, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Another one to add to the list.

On the market for 4 weeks and only 1 viewing. Hoping things perk up a bit after the Election

Will probably look at reducing price next week - trouble is we'll then be very close to £250k with the big increase in stamp duty....
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:26 pm
Kidd Family

kiddij will become famous soon enoughkiddij will become famous soon enough

Add us to the list too. Been on since last September. Reduced price by 35K so far. Sold once and fell through, changed agent once. After initial flurry with new agent no more viewings.

Help!!

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky
hi there nicky,we ve had an offer on ours and are hoping the deal will be finalised in a few weeks.

tracey
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

House and business on the market. Hopefully we have sold but until they sign the contract I'm not getting excited.

Regards
Theresa
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Hi there I feel slightly worried now i have read this thread, we are hoping to put the house on the market in july as we have a holiday in june and thought it would be best to do it after.We are only at the skills assement so thinking we have lots of time, how many of you already have your visas?
I think we all live over the counytry in lots of areas but i find it worrying that alot of you are not selling, as you have said maybe to do with the election. well i hope you all find buyers and keep your fingers crossed we do in july.We are gambling A plan Australia B plan downside gloomy UK!!!!!

Good luck Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.