Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Seriously is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Hey

Anybody having any luck in the Swindon area?

We have been on the market for 5 weeks now and had three viewers, the first ones wanted a kitchen big enough to put a table in (err, no, I don't think so). The second viewer liked it and asked us if we would take a lower offer, we refused telling him that it had only just gone on the market. He still put a low offer in, but hadn't got his house on the market at that point! He is now on the market, but we haven't heard anymore. The third viewers came in and didn't bother going upstairs because they said it was too small for their three boys (it is a 3-bedroomed house). Don't these people read the literature?

Anyway, we are now going with a different agent. Hopefully they will get our details out to a larger audience.

Good luck to anyone else trying to sell.

Hazel
I wonder why you think the second agent will reach a larger audience? They will advertise the property in the same property paper, probably stick it on Rightmove and send it to the same mailing list. In the current market 3 viewings in 5 weeks is not bad. The days when you put a house on the market - had 7 people round the first weekend and 2 or 3 offers are long gone - and are not coming back for at least 10 years. I'd give your current agent a bit more of a chance if I were you. The next one will only make you drop your price - you might as well do that with the first one and let them recoup the money they have spent on advertising and marketing.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peppi
The young couple that put in the offer on my house just been back for the second time...AND BOUGHT ALL THE PARENTS TOO...!!!!they all seem to like it ,the young lass seems to love the house so I feel happy now we should see this through to completion for the 31st aug,and they wont back out...god willing the banks dont act up thou eh...Im off for a beer or 3...

good luck to all you that are still waiting for your buyers...
Currently many building society surveyors have been instructed to value at up to 15% below asking price which is why so many deals are falling through. Many of the lenders are protecting themselves against possible forthcoming price falls. Get your estate agent to find out which lenders are lending the most as a percentage of the valuation and get them to try to get your buyers to get their mortgage from them.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elksa
House been up for sale since Christmas. No offers and just a hanfull of viewers in that time(no more than 10) out of these probably about 1 serious buyer and around 9 complete time wasters just coming round for a nose if they even bothered to turn up at all.

Completely frustrated and pi**ed off. Dropped the price 3 times now was originally ?160,000 now ?148,500 and probably likely to continue to drop. Can't afford to keep dropping the price as we're not going to be able to afford to go if we drop it much more.

May have to consider selling a kidney soon.
In a falling market it is better to take a drop and sell - otherwise you might be still unsold in a year and looking at taking 25% less to sell it. I have made this mistake in two previous house price corrections.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:39 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

Put house up for sale last Friday and had 1st viewer today - they sounded positive so fingers crossed!! Still waiting for our visas to be granted though - seems to be taking ages!!!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:19 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Talking Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Our buyer signed the contract today - phew , just as all this house price slump stuff hits the news! We move into rented next week and sit out the visa wait.....good luck to all those selling up...
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

gertrude is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Can these people help at all?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...howtopic=11308
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Paula

I think so..... have you got blonde hair?? To be honest I have had a sleep since then and met loads of people. There were a few new people at the last meet.

Where abouts in Brisbane are you moving to, we will be living in Bayside.

You're right I cant wait to finish work, its horrible now cios I handed my notice in and I feel like I don't exist.

Chin up
Ang
That's me, if I'm right your a nurse? i remember you saying that you hadn't sold the house but you were going anyway, but you've sold the house now so thats fantastic, one less thing to worry about eh?

My husband's job is a bit like that he's not handed in his notice yet, but they no he will be leaving them soon so he gets left out of meeting etc.

Got a viewer coming back tonight that came on Saturday so fingers crossed he puts in an offer (a decent one). you can't help but get exited when someone comes back for a second viewing, estate agent said he wants something he can move into in about 8wks time so thats perfect for us they are both Doctors he and his wife and they are in hospital accommodation so they want to move quickly.

We will be looking around the Wellington point, manly, Mango hill, and Mooloolaba and Budrim area's when we arrive so not to far away from yourself so dont forget the sausage on the BBQ you promised.

Paula.
Cheshire.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gertrude
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Can these people help at all?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...howtopic=11308

Oh dear, it appears the house price crasher's are trolling again.

gertrude, Seriously, eatstatic and any others all you are doing when making comments such as drop by £x or X% is making yourselves and the website you represent look like fools because you know nothing about the property or areas being discussed here and you just go around chanting the mantra your leaders have told you to.

Reading your website remind me about all the bad things in the UK. I'm glad to be leaving a place where people are wishing redundancies on people and saying that anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view is an idiot.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Megalania
Still waiting for your testicle to drop?
Well, seeing as it seems to be the thing to do here, I have sent you some Karma. A voice of common sense amongst the bleeding hearts who cannot wait for some poor young person to saddle themselves with 6xsalary mortgages just so they can escape this country themselves with their 'property wealth' intact. About time people realised high house prices are paid for by the mortgage slavery of the young.

And before you all bleat about how hard it was for you - it's ten times harder for young people today. Maybe that's one of the reasons you are going.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seriously
Well, seeing as it seems to be the thing to do here, I have sent you some Karma. A voice of common sense amongst the bleeding hearts who cannot wait for some poor young person to saddle themselves with 6xsalary mortgages just so they can escape this country themselves with their 'property wealth' intact. About time people realised high house prices are paid for by the mortgage slavery of the young.

And before you all bleat about how hard it was for you - it's ten times harder for young people today. Maybe that's one of the reasons you are going.
Oh dear another one from "housepricecrash.com " .
Just looked over on your site and glad to see I kept your little minds occupied for a while .
Registered to give my side of the story and then decided not to bother. Thought wtf don't give a damn what any of you think anyway. You don't know me or anything about my situation. I do work and am not sat on my lazy ass wanting somebody else to pay for my future. I will continue to work (as I always have) when I get over there.
And as for whichever sicko posted this about me

"fvck her and all like her.

hopefully another one for the pyre

Burn baby burn. "

You want to get a life.

Tracey.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:57 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Oh dear another one from "housepricecrash.com " .
Just looked over on your site and glad to see I kept your little minds occupied for a while .
Registered to give my side of the story and then decided not to bother. Thought wtf don't give a damn what any of you think anyway. You don't know me or anything about my situation. I do work and am not sat on my lazy ass wanting somebody else to pay for my future. I will continue to work (as I always have) when I get over there.
And as for whichever sicko posted this about me

"fvck her and all like her.

hopefully another one for the pyre

Burn baby burn. "

You want to get a life.

Tracey.
WTF where was this written about you Tracey

Jeez there are some arseholes around

Kay
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
WTF where was this written about you Tracey

Jeez there are some arseholes around

Kay
Went onto the link posted by Gertrude just to be nosey and was quite shocked to see it was all about me and a post I made the other day. They also call me a "lazy, greedy cow" which is quite surprising as they don't even know me.

They have 2 posts running on there slagging a few of us off. Obviously lurk around here reading our posts as they have nothing better to do.

I was furious when I first read it but am past that now. Sod 'em .

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:32 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Went onto the link posted by Gertrude just to be nosey and was quite shocked to see it was all about me and a post I made the other day. They also call me a "lazy, greedy cow" which is quite surprising as they don't even know me.

They have 2 posts running on there slagging a few of us off. Obviously lurk around here reading our posts as they have nothing better to do.

I was furious when I first read it but am past that now. Sod 'em .

Tracey
Hey Tracey

Wheres this been going on cos Im amazed that people can judge someone else and they don't really know them.

Dont worry about it mate, Im sure you have a broad back and can take it....

Take care
Ang
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hey Tracey

Wheres this been going on cos Im amazed that people can judge someone else and they don't really know them.

Dont worry about it mate, Im sure you have a broad back and can take it....

Take care
Ang
I went onto the link on post No:396. Obviously posted by some troll over on the other website. Nothing to do with emigrating. Just a bunch of people wittering on about the price crash etc. The one who originally posted about me is an economics graduate or something. His degree done him wonders if the best he can manage is to sit and slag people off who he doesn't even know, over the internet.

Well, at least I gave the sad gits something to chunter about

Tracey.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:54 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

I went onto the link on post No:396. Obviously posted by some troll over on the other website. Nothing to do with emigrating. Just a bunch of people wittering on about the price crash etc. The one who originally posted about me is an economics graduate or something. His degree done him wonders if the best he can manage is to sit and slag people off who he doesn't even know, over the internet.

Well, at least I gave the sad gits something to chunter about

Tracey.
sorry bit thick but how do I get to post no 396

would like to see this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.