Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 21st 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Hi all

We've just dropped our asking price by another £5k, started at £280K (which was the original valuation) and now we're down to £259,950. Hopefully this will bring in more viewings. We've only had 3 since beginning of March, 2 not in a position to even sell yet and 1 who loved the house but has got to find a buyer for theirs before that can put in an offer.

We did have a couple view from the outside yesturday. I'd just pulled up outside my house yesturday and a car stopped outside the house, wound their window down and told me that they'd just got the details from the agent and had come to look to see where it was. Keeping fingers crossed that they arrange to view the inside now!

We really don't want to drop the price anymore. We've spent 2 years (and alot of money!) doing the house up, and extending it. Everything inside is brand new and it does have the 'WOW' factor (not just our opinion). It's now by far the cheapest 4 bed in the village.

Here's hoping that we all have some luck selling in the very near future

Tracy
Old May 21st 2005, 6:06 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Worzel hows the sale going had anymore viewers since you dropped the price??
We had a new viewer on Thursday after we dropped the price. They seemed very keen and took themselves around for a "second viewing" before they left. They also went down the garden for a private chat which all sounds good. We now believe (not naively I hope) they are the second family waiting to sell their house before they put an offer in on ours. There have also been a few "sold" signs going up around us lately which bodes well. We got the agent to retake the photos this week too as the garden looks a lot better and the front shot looks a lot nicer framed by a tree etc and these pics will be in next weeks paper.

But yesterday I got asked to stay on at work for another month and probably two beyond my current contract which has just 6 weeks left to run. So we are only faced with the deadline of completing by November-ish to meet our validation date in January. (It also means we can definitely use our V Festival tickets). The prospect of being jobless and stuck in the house come July is no longer a worry so we can afford to sit back and see what happens for a while now rather than trying to force the issue. This has also given us the freedom for Sam to hand her notice in to focus on getting us ready.
Old May 21st 2005, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

gdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Got a buyer for our place after two weeks. The second person to view it.

Just as well as no one else has approached us, only four people so far.

Fingers crossed that it all goes through. Almost the asking price.

Still very tense though, I expect the worst but have no idea why.

Too good to be true I suppose.

Good luck, fellow sufferers.
Old May 21st 2005, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

kaydave is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there to all,
We seem to be in the same boat as many of you waiting to sell our house!
We have our visa's , house has been on the market for 6 months, we had sold the house subject to contract so went to OZ to validate our visa's and ended up buying some land in Samford near to Brisbane. The house fell through while we were in OZ.
We have now reduced the price from £425,000 (valuation) to £395,000.
Any one want to buy a bargain??
Good luck to you all!!
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

kaydave is an unknown quantity at this point

Any More
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kaydave
Any More

Hi just thought i would add our house went on the market last wednesday, we are waiting anytime for our TRA to come back, but after following this thread hubby and i decided what the heck lets see what happens.We don,t want to be dragged through the visa process, checked from top to toe and inside out, to not be able to sell our house i think this is a gamble ,but if for some reason we can,t go to OZ then will move anyway. We have had 3 viewings, but we put it on the market for £250,000 straight away but the agent said it is probably worth £260,000 it is this dam stamp duty.So we wait to see what happens Tracy
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:37 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
We had a new viewer on Thursday after we dropped the price. They seemed very keen and took themselves around for a "second viewing" before they left. They also went down the garden for a private chat which all sounds good. We now believe (not naively I hope) they are the second family waiting to sell their house before they put an offer in on ours. There have also been a few "sold" signs going up around us lately which bodes well. We got the agent to retake the photos this week too as the garden looks a lot better and the front shot looks a lot nicer framed by a tree etc and these pics will be in next weeks paper.

But yesterday I got asked to stay on at work for another month and probably two beyond my current contract which has just 6 weeks left to run. So we are only faced with the deadline of completing by November-ish to meet our validation date in January. (It also means we can definitely use our V Festival tickets). The prospect of being jobless and stuck in the house come July is no longer a worry so we can afford to sit back and see what happens for a while now rather than trying to force the issue. This has also given us the freedom for Sam to hand her notice in to focus on getting us ready.
keeping fingers crossed for you with the viewer.

The waiting for feedback is a nightmare isn't it?? We have had 2 people who have said they are going to put an offer in but nothing has happened yet, don't know if its something they feel they have to say or whether they are waiting to see if anyone else puts an offer in.

Still got the neighbour lurking in the background estate agent had told us he has asked them to keep him informed of any interest but so far hasn't come forward to view or make an offer.. very strange

Good luck to everyone hope there's some good news soon.

Kay
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:59 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Lets all hope the new Govt scheme helps to get things moving again...I know its aimed at the first time buyers,but if they are buying then people can move onto second propertys and so on...Anyone know when it comes into force and can be used as it where...?
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:52 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peppi
Lets all hope the new Govt scheme helps to get things moving again...I know its aimed at the first time buyers,but if they are buying then people can move onto second propertys and so on...Anyone know when it comes into force and can be used as it where...?
I think I read it may help 100,000 buyers over 5 years so it is hardly going to put a lot of heat into the market. It may even make some 1st timers wait until this scheme is in place. Anyone know when? But what it does do is show the government is going to keep the housing market strong one way or another because if prices start to fall rapidly then it could cause a recession as everyone stops feeling so wealthy.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

We had a viewing yesturday, via our previous agents. They said that they had sent the details out just before our contract ended with them (?) 4 weeks ago.
The couple that came were looking on behalf of their daughter who lives in London. They really liked the house, it was the best they'd seen so far and in the exact area their daughter wanted.

Well, the estate agent rang first thing this morning to say that the couple had already rang to arrange a second viewing with their daughter for Saturday and that they are cash buyers! Agent also said that they sounded really keen and would we have somewhere to go if the sale was completed in July. Yeah, a plane to Oz, as its only the house thats holding us back now!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much as it seems too good to be true.

Wish me luck, and best of luck to everyone else trying to sell

Tracy
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:22 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tracyd
Hi all

We had a viewing yesturday, via our previous agents. They said that they had sent the details out just before our contract ended with them (?) 4 weeks ago.
The couple that came were looking on behalf of their daughter who lives in London. They really liked the house, it was the best they'd seen so far and in the exact area their daughter wanted.

Well, the estate agent rang first thing this morning to say that the couple had already rang to arrange a second viewing with their daughter for Saturday and that they are cash buyers! Agent also said that they sounded really keen and would we have somewhere to go if the sale was completed in July. Yeah, a plane to Oz, as its only the house thats holding us back now!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much as it seems too good to be true.

Wish me luck, and best of luck to everyone else trying to sell

Tracy
That's great news Tracy, have sent you some karma in the hope that they want your house

mandi
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:33 pm
Jem
Just Joined

Jem is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted on this thread a few pages back (#73).

Since then i've had about 40 hits on my site from the link on this thread. Earlier today i agreed my first deal with a friend of someone who recommended my website from seeing it here. So a big thanks to whoever it was

The deal was as follows:

3 bed on outskirts of Brighton, been on the market for £250,000 for 11 weeks with 3 different agents & no offers. I viewed it at 10am, called back at 12.30 and offered £215,000 cash. She accepted & will now have the cash in her bank account on Tuesday 31st and no more £850pm mortgage payments to make.

The young lady was so pleased that now i have free board near Melbourne when my family and i are next in Oz.

You to could be in Oz with your property sold and no more stress by checking out :

http://www.jemstar.co.uk

or calling:

0845-644-5185

Thanks again to whoever recommeded my company.
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandi248
That's great news Tracy, have sent you some karma in the hope that they want your house

mandi
Thanks Mandi. Hope it works and that the daughters as keen as her parents.

Will send you some K in return

Tracy
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:26 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi Guys, I posted last on page 3 but had a phone call tonight to say that the bottom of the chain has fallen through. Hoping its not going to bw long for them to get another buyer as they have apparently had 3 viewings this weekend. However I am on the second bottle of vino already I knew I should have kept my mouth shut as I had toold the family that we were only looking at 5wks to complete.

Karma needed and will be returned as I was ready to go!

Michelle

Last edited by fozzie; May 23rd 2005 at 8:29 pm. Reason: Oooppps sorry typos
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fozzie
Hi Guys, I posted last on page 3 but had a phone call tonight to say that the bottom of the chain has fallen through. Hoping its not going to bw long for them to get another buyer as they have apparently had 3 viewings this weekend. However I am on the second bottle of vino already I knew I should have kept my mouth shut as I had toold the family that we were only looking at 5wks to complete.

Karma needed and will be returned as I was ready to go!

Michelle
Michelle, I am so sorry. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon. It sounds good, at least they are getting the viewers, unlike me (where's the feeling sorry for yourself smiley when you need one )

This house selling games a load of crap. I thought the most stresful bit would be getting the visa but that was a doddle in comparison.
Try not to get too despondent. Sending some good luck karma.

Tracey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.