Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 16th 2005, 7:52 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Hiya had phone call from hubby in oz at the weekend and he has been told that they have just completed the final step in getting our 457 visa's so we really need to sell our house now have had just one viewing since i came back off holiday 2 weeks ago so have decided to change agent as am really fed up with ones we have been using am also looking into hiring some storage so that i can remove some of the larger pieces of furniture to make rooms look their best for a new house they are quite big. so fingers crossed things will start to look up for us
Old May 16th 2005, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya had phone call from hubby in oz at the weekend and he has been told that they have just completed the final step in getting our 457 visa's so we really need to sell our house now have had just one viewing since i came back off holiday 2 weeks ago so have decided to change agent as am really fed up with ones we have been using am also looking into hiring some storage so that i can remove some of the larger pieces of furniture to make rooms look their best for a new house they are quite big. so fingers crossed things will start to look up for us
Congrats on the visa process mooving on, and good luck on the house front, I like your idea of storing furniture - people are so funny when they come view a house some don't like the wall paper or paint and some don't even like your sofa!!!!! you have to laugh at their shallowness.

Here's some karma for luck

Charlie
Old May 16th 2005, 8:04 pm
chattyshazza's daughter

Claudia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poshrice
Why not go multi agents, that is what we did and only had to pay another
0.25% and had it on with 4 agents, certainly increased the viewings.
We had our house on the market for 9 depressing months.
On Friday at my friends insistence I cleared every ornament and picture from our home, to me it looked awful and de-personalised but we had 3 viewings at the weekend and all three came back and offered today and we are now under offer for the full asking price.
Think your idea of taking our larger items of furniture could be a good idea too.
Good Luck!!

Sharon
Old May 16th 2005, 8:05 pm
chattyshazza's daughter

Claudia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Claudia
Why not go multi agents, that is what we did and only had to pay another
0.25% and had it on with 4 agents, certainly increased the viewings.
We had our house on the market for 9 depressing months.
On Friday at my friends insistence I cleared every ornament and picture from our home, to me it looked awful and de-personalised but we had 3 viewings at the weekend and all three came back and offered today and we are now under offer for the full asking price.
Think your idea of taking our larger items of furniture could be a good idea too.
Good Luck!!

Sharon
ps, this is chattyshazza, lol didnt realise that my daughter had signed in...
Old May 16th 2005, 8:20 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by charlie63
Congrats on the visa process mooving on, and good luck on the house front, I like your idea of storing furniture - people are so funny when they come view a house some don't like the wall paper or paint and some don't even like your sofa!!!!! you have to laugh at their shallowness.

Here's some karma for luck

Charlie
Thanks for the karma and i am going to look into multiagency i am also looking into a deal connells are doing called their 6 week challenge where they say that they can sell your house within 6 weeks basically they push it really hard and promote it to the hilt
Old May 17th 2005, 7:06 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paylia
Good luck Peppi
We were in the same position last week:
Wednesday - called on agents and chivied them up a bit
Thursday - agent called and said was sending viewers round Friday 5pm
Spent Thursday and Friday morning rushing around with better half - cleaning, polishing ,tidying etc etc
Friday afternoon - agent rang and cancelled the viewing
We were slightly.... err......disappointed you could say.

Good luck for tomorrow - karma coming your way

Peter
Yep I can identify with that peter all that mad cleaning for them to cancel half hour before they are due to arrive...Its infuriating..! Luckily these people didnt cancel,they turned up all be it a bit late and Id started messing up the house again. Girl seemed to like it and more importantly so did the MOTHER...but we shall see...she has a house to sell in Sussex so I shant hold my breath...
Old May 18th 2005, 12:23 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi ours is going up for sale next Thursday or Friday the estate agent says sales are picking up!! well he would say that wouldnt he
Just an update house went up for sale Friday 13th!!! Got two viewers coming today and one tomorrow .... feel sick
Old May 18th 2005, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

we should be completing on our house next friday, we had the house on the market for 6 months before we changed agents and got a good offer in 3 weeks. It has however taken over 4 months for the sale to go through!

Buyers are shallow, if they are looking at 5 houses and 4 don't need redecorating but yours does, why would they choose your house? People don't want to see how you live in the house, they want to be able to see how they will live in the house.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:35 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Add us to the list. House has been on the market just over 3 months. We've had 3 viewers but haven't had any more for around a month, we are also on with 2 agents. We have also dropped the price twice. But no-one seems interested
Old May 18th 2005, 12:41 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
if they are looking at 5 houses and 4 don't need redecorating but yours does, why would they choose your house? .
so they can redecorate it the way they want it? Ours desperatley needs redecorating.

I asked the estate agent if we should do it before putting it on the market and he said no people will only redo it their way.

?? who knows - anyway first viewer coming at 2pm god this is frightening :scared:
Old May 18th 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
so they can redecorate it the way they want it? Ours desperatley needs redecorating.

I asked the estate agent if we should do it before putting it on the market and he said no people will only redo it their way.

?? who knows - anyway first viewer coming at 2pm god this is frightening :scared:
your estate agent is an idiot then. We had 4 internal doors to replace and I had them stacked in the front bedroom along with a couple of other jobs to do. Our estate agent told us it wasn't a problem and that people would just decorate as they wanted etc but ironically when I did the jobs and moved to a new agent we sold in 3 weeks.

good luck with the viewings but try listening to what the viewers say, you might be surprised. Have you watched the house doctor programs? viewers DO care about decor, they care alot.
Old May 18th 2005, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

mandy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've now sold again (subject to contract) for the second time this year. Fingers crossed it'll all go through OK this time, hoping that the news yesterday that the house prices are set to rise again will keep this chain together, no-on will want it to fall through as they'll have to pay more money for the next house they buy !!

Mandy :scared:
Old May 18th 2005, 1:14 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by mandi248
Add us to the list. House has been on the market just over 3 months. We've had 3 viewers but haven't had any more for around a month, we are also on with 2 agents. We have also dropped the price twice. But no-one seems interested
Hi Mandi, We're hoping for the Sunshine Coast early 2006 too. Just trying to research into good schools/area etc - where are you off to? We have 2 boys (13 & 8 years).

Our house has been on the market since end of Jan. So yet another to add to list! :scared: Had an offer £20,000 below the asking price - I reckon too many people watch Location, Location, Location & think they can get property for well under the asking price. We're not going to accept that & have already dropped price by £5,000 - will wait & see!
Getting two different agents to value & remarket tomorrow. Fingers crossed - good luck with your sale too
Sharon
Old May 18th 2005, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

ClareW will become famous soon enoughClareW will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Hi everyone.

thanks for the replies, am sending you all house karma, in order may take a while. so to update

for sale = 6
under offer = 2
sold = 1

Nicky
Hi

Add me to the under offer group. Had possibly the laziest estate agents dealing with our sale but, miraculously, when we told them we'd be going to another agent at the end of our contract with them, they found us some more viewers, one of whom made an offer. You have to really bully your Estate Agent at the moment to get any kind of service.

Good luck all round..

C
Old May 18th 2005, 1:28 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
your estate agent is an idiot then. We had 4 internal doors to replace and I had them stacked in the front bedroom along with a couple of other jobs to do. Our estate agent told us it wasn't a problem and that people would just decorate as they wanted etc but ironically when I did the jobs and moved to a new agent we sold in 3 weeks.

good luck with the viewings but try listening to what the viewers say, you might be surprised. Have you watched the house doctor programs? viewers DO care about decor, they care alot.
Unfortunatley the majority of people who look round houses have absolutely no imagination, and cant see through anything, just like everything magnolia!

When we bought this house 3 years ago it had been on the market for a few months (unusual back then!) and looking back it was a right mess, but we were able to see the potential - many viewers before us had not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.