Reload this Page >

Job offer in hand, but do we come

Job offer in hand, but do we come

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Robbie_Paula is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer in hand, but do we come

Originally Posted by kporte
I'm scared of Evertonions nowWhat do you do with the bears?
Be afraid, very afraid, well only if you are a bear that is!

I obviously meant beer, but always mix up bears and beers, which can be very dangerous indeed. However, I'm not an Evertonion (That sounds like some kind of everlasting heavy Onion!).
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:39 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbie_Paula
Be afraid, very afraid, well only if you are a bear that is!

I obviously meant beer, but always mix up bears and beers, which can be very dangerous indeed. However, I'm not an Evertonion (That sounds like some kind of everlasting heavy Onion!).
I will avoid drinking with you! ( unless you're buying, I am Scottish!)
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kporte
I will avoid drinking with you! ( unless you're buying, I am Scottish!)
I'll buy you a beer when I'm next in Perth (Beginning of Feb), you sound like fun! I'm not buying you any bears though, way to bloody expensive, well in Australia they are anyway, except for those funny Koala things that is.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:59 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbie_Paula
I'll buy you a beer when I'm next in Perth (Beginning of Feb), you sound like fun! I'm not buying you any bears though, way to bloody expensive, well in Australia they are anyway, except for those funny Koala things that is.
Koalas aren't bears...,. you get in trouble for saying that!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 7:08 am
Just Joined

flg03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toffee68
Hi all

Well, I have a job offer in hand but we still can not make our minds up about heading to Perth.
The job seems a great opportunity and the money seems good for Perth (A$154k - SuperA is additional on top). Can anyone put my mind at rest and tell me that this is an ok amount of cash to live on. Looking on Tax sites etc it seems that this would equate to somewhere around A$2100 a week in my hand (A$8700ish a month).

We have been looking and reckon on the following outgoings..

Rent - 600 - 750/week (2400 - 3000/month)
Utils - 600/month
Car - 800/month
food etc - 1600/month (we are a family of SIX)
Others - 800/month (car insurance, road tax, misc expenses etc)

This totals about 6800/month so should leave about 2k spare but I am not sure that the amounts we are using are anywhere close to being realistic...

CAn anyone give me an indication of how close to the truth I am? Need to make a decision pronto as they want me to start MArch 1st and we need to sort out a lot of stuff in the UK first LOL

Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers
R
How could you not come? If you're curious about living in Australia in general or Perth in particular, you could live in fine style on that income. I doubt you'd get a better chance, and chances are you'd always wonder "what if" if you didn't.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 7:37 am
Just Joined

toffee68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Thanks for all the comments etc and info. Looks like we will be coming sometime around March as we have decided to take the plunge...

I'm always up for a beer (bear for some) and am indeed an evertonian, so, with this season in mind the more beer the better!!!

Cheers

Robbie
Old Dec 31st 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

toffee68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have answered a few of the questions asked eh...

We are a family of 6. Those being Robbie (41), Debs (35), Miya (8), Jenna (6), Erin (2) and Euan (6mth)... Yep, finally got the footy player afterall...

Debs wont be working, certainly not straight away anyway. We will arrive on a 457 visa but intend to convert to PR after the 2 years are up..

Will be looking for a 4 - 5 bedroom place with pool, somewhere with decent state schools and commutable to CBD. We've been looking on aussiemove and reiwa websites and it looks like we should be able to get something for between 450 and 750 a week although looking on a website is very different to looking for real eh...

Thanks again for the comments

Happy New Year!
Cheers
Robbie
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toffee68
Hi All

Thanks for all the comments etc and info. Looks like we will be coming sometime around March as we have decided to take the plunge...

I'm always up for a beer (bear for some) and am indeed an evertonian, so, with this season in mind the more beer the better!!!

Cheers

Robbie
Hi again mate, you've made the right decision coming to Oz. Even on a far lower salary than you are getting your standard of living here would be much better than in the UK and with 4 young kids you'll be giving them the best childhood possible. With your salary you'll be living in a house that only millionaires could afford in the UK, plus you've got the weather to go with it.

Good luck with the move and send us a PM with your details if you fancy going out for a BEER when you're over.

COYB

Robbie