Reload this Page >

IT Job Market in Aus if Applied through Subclass 189

IT Job Market in Aus if Applied through Subclass 189

Old Oct 18th 2016, 11:50 am
Just Joined

zz123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post IT Job Market in Aus if Applied through Subclass 189

Hello All,

I know this might sound familiar, but i wanted to have few questions related to type of Visa i intend to apply.

1. I have more around six years of Experience in Software Quality Assurance Engineering. What chances do i have if i move to Aus of getting Job?
2. What is overall Job placement rate in Aus if someone comes via Visa Type 189?
3. What is the best time to come?
4. Which state has highest probability of having Software related Jobs?

Thanks a million in Advance.

Best Regards
Old Oct 18th 2016, 12:23 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Job Market in Aus if Applied through Subclass 189

Don't know about the occupation but if it's capped, changes aren't good. However to answer the best time to come, don't arrive November-february as by the time your CV is seen, everyone will go, or be on, summer holidays. Business as usually by second week of February.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Many Thanks for your reply. I get your point of best time to come..

Occupation is related to Software Industry.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney then Melbourne will more than likely have the most jobs, the other major cities from what I understand are not doing that great.

Even then lots of people applying for roles so it is very competitive. Have a look at seek or indeed job sites to give you an idea of how many roles are advertised. Linkedin is good as you can see how many people have viewed the position.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Many Thanks. Can you please share with me famous active and genuine Job Portals of Australia? Thanks in Advance.

I have been using Indeed.au but that is perhaps for UAE if i am not wrong..
Old Oct 19th 2016, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zz123
Many Thanks. Can you please share with me famous active and genuine Job Portals of Australia? Thanks in Advance.

I have been using Indeed.au but that is perhaps for UAE if i am not wrong..
Try www.seek.com.au as mentioned by Evets.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks a million....
Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

What industry do you have a background in?

Do you have Agile/Scrum/CI/CD/Development experience?

Are you more focused on manual or automated testing?

Are you planning to apply for the visa and move offer to look for a job. Have you thought about how much savings you would need to tide you over or would you consider any job initially while you tried to find a QA role. I mention this as I see many taxi drivers who i would consider way more qualified than me, struggle to get into the Australian IT job market.

Review the jobs posted on seek/indeed and depending on your time frame to move, maybe brush up your skillset so you are more attractive to an employer.

I see from another post you are from Pakistan, possibly look to review and update/reformat your CV for the Australian market. Some countries are quite different ie the US and Canada, but Australia has pretty much the same format I would use in the UK.

Another thing to look into is a company called planit testing, they run bootcamp courses(free if you pass the selection criteria) or contact them direct as you already have 6 years experience.