Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

japanese airlines

japanese airlines

Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard mixed reviews of emirates but am still to fly them. They will soon be flying Dubai Sydney direct ie 14hrs40mins which might put some people off.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

I have also flown JAL to Sydney and back and would agree with earlier posts that they are one of the best airlines I have used.

Did the overnight stopover at Narita on the way back which was well organised re coaches and check-ins. Didn't leave the hotel but it had a good bar and sushi restaurant, so quite good.

Thought assistance at Narita was very good - seemed to be lots of staff around to ask for help/directions.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:03 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: japanese airlines

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi
Just to say passports arrived today with yellow sticker in!!
Desperately trying to sort some flights out for now and the New Year. Nothing coming up at the moment.
we've got to validate by 28th April 2004 and have asked for quotes around Easter, we have had one from Japanese Airlines just wondered if anybody knew anything about them.
Also Emirates came back with a good quote, heard they are quite good
Please any help.
Debs
Had a recent (bad) experience with Emirates and won't be flying with them again in a hurry (lost luggage, crappy veggie food, poor customer services). Others on this forum seem to have similar experiences....(do a search on Emirates).

Partner's father flew over with JAL last summer and raved about them. Had a one night stop-over in Osaka (5* hotel included in ticket price). I've heard many good reports about JAL.

Many of the Austravel deals are with European Airlines and they only fly once a week so, if something goes wrong, you have to wait a week for the next flight. They also stop in Sri Lanka, so it depends how security conscious you are. Had a friend who flew with them last month - they lost his luggage and there were several delays...That said, Austravel do offer other deals with BA/Qantas etc, so it's worth checking.

Basically, you get what you pay for.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice

We flew Singapore over here and by far and away the best airline i have ever flown with,food excellent IFE all worked,30 channels of video even in cattle class,stopover in Singapore then 6 hour flight to Melbourne,all aircraft clean,trolly dollies cleaning toilets,drinks trolly on a non stop merry go round.
Just avoid BA and you should be ok,i worked for them for 10 years,the customer service is crap!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:16 am
Just Joined

jimmyz is an unknown quantity at this point

I love it when Japanese airline serve Soba noodles for breakfast (i.e. 4:30am) and your otherwise very polite japanese passengers start slurping very vociferously.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:26 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking japanese airlines

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. We have finally booked our flights for 2nd April 2004 going with Sinapore Airlines, we had decided on Malaysian but just as she was booking 5 seats for us, only 2 were available. Do we leave the kids behind!!!!!
No she phoned me back and was able to get Sinapore for the same price (luckily).
We did say we didn't mind either.
So anybody around Sunshine Coast area we would love to meet up.
Take care
Thanks again for replies.
Debsx