Reload this Page >

japanese airlines

japanese airlines

Old Dec 6th 2003, 3:57 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default japanese airlines

Hi
Just to say passports arrived today with yellow sticker in!!
Desperately trying to sort some flights out for now and the New Year. Nothing coming up at the moment.
we've got to validate by 28th April 2004 and have asked for quotes around Easter, we have had one from Japanese Airlines just wondered if anybody knew anything about them.
Also Emirates came back with a good quote, heard they are quite good
Please any help.
Debs
Old Dec 6th 2003, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DebsandTim.

My partner and I have flown with JAL three times now to Australia, and quite honestly, couldn't fault them. The cabin crew were A+ and were really friendly and helpful. They have at least 1 or 2 British cabin crew members on the flights out of London, but there is absolutely no problem in being understood from the Japanese cabin crew. We even got an unexpected upgrade when we flew back in October, so that made things a lot more comfortable. However, even in economy, the 31" seat pitch provides ample room. I had and still do hear stories about how it is difficult to navigate yourself around Tokyo airport, which is a load of rubbish, as all the signs are in English, and is very easy to get around. No problems whatsoever. There are only 2 criticisms I have, and that is that the flight connection from Narita to Brisbane was a 5 hour wait, but with a free internet cafe, the time soon passed, and the other critiscism is that the flight from Narita to Brisane didn't have individual seat back video screens. I'm not sure if they always use the same type of aircraft on that sector, but certainly the 3 time's I've flown that sector, they haven't been provided. Another nice feature they have is they have a camera at the nose of the aircraft and another one directly beneath the aircraft, so takeoffs and landings and thousands of miles of sky and cloud can be viewed on the monitors.

Sorry, but I can't comment about Emirates as I have never flown with them, but I have heard that they are supposed to be quite good.

Anyway, good luck with everything and hope this has helped.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Debs
Have you tried Austravel for your tickets? http://www.austravel.com/
On their website they had some cheap flights to Sydney for christmas. You could always get an internal flight up to Sunshine Coast.

regards
Debs
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:21 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I've flown Emirates to Perth and they were excellent, food was great and Dubai airport is really good. I found that their website had really competitive prices on it too.
Have also flown Singapore airlines to Brisbane a couple of times and I have to say they're the best airline I've flown with couldn't fault them.
Try
www.bridgetheworld.co.uk for flights as well as airlines web pages.
www.singaporeair.com
www.emirates.com
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:40 pm
WBB

i have flown to oz with JAL and they are about the best airline i have ever used, nothing was too much trouble for the crew and we were also upgraded on the return flight, we will probably use either japanese or singapore airlines when we return.

Old Dec 6th 2003, 9:25 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

Originally posted by sassie
Hi DebsandTim.

My partner and I have flown with JAL three times now to Australia, and quite honestly, couldn't fault them. The cabin crew were A+ and were really friendly and helpful. They have at least 1 or 2 British cabin crew members on the flights out of London, but there is absolutely no problem in being understood from the Japanese cabin crew. We even got an unexpected upgrade when we flew back in October, so that made things a lot more comfortable. However, even in economy, the 31" seat pitch provides ample room. I had and still do hear stories about how it is difficult to navigate yourself around Tokyo airport, which is a load of rubbish, as all the signs are in English, and is very easy to get around. No problems whatsoever. There are only 2 criticisms I have, and that is that the flight connection from Narita to Brisbane was a 5 hour wait, but with a free internet cafe, the time soon passed, and the other critiscism is that the flight from Narita to Brisane didn't have individual seat back video screens. I'm not sure if they always use the same type of aircraft on that sector, but certainly the 3 time's I've flown that sector, they haven't been provided. Another nice feature they have is they have a camera at the nose of the aircraft and another one directly beneath the aircraft, so takeoffs and landings and thousands of miles of sky and cloud can be viewed on the monitors.

Sorry, but I can't comment about Emirates as I have never flown with them, but I have heard that they are supposed to be quite good.

Anyway, good luck with everything and hope this has helped.
Hi Sassy
Thanks for that.
It will certainly be one of our options.
Debs
Old Dec 6th 2003, 9:27 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

Originally posted by debsy
Debs
Have you tried Austravel for your tickets? http://www.austravel.com/
On their website they had some cheap flights to Sydney for christmas. You could always get an internal flight up to Sunshine Coast.

regards
Debs
Hi Debsy
hope you got my email.
Will definitely try website.
Sounds a good idea flight to Sydney we do want to look around there as well.
Speak to you soon.
Debs
Old Dec 6th 2003, 9:30 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

Originally posted by BKate
Hi

I've flown Emirates to Perth and they were excellent, food was great and Dubai airport is really good. I found that their website had really competitive prices on it too.
Have also flown Singapore airlines to Brisbane a couple of times and I have to say they're the best airline I've flown with couldn't fault them.
Try
www.bridgetheworld.co.uk for flights as well as airlines web pages.
www.singaporeair.com
www.emirates.com
Thanks BKate
Will try any website available at the moment.
we would prefer Malaysian, Singapore or Emirates, flown with Malaysian before.
Dubai sounds great (from a friend going), so maybe have a look around there for a day or two?
Thanks again
Debs
Old Dec 6th 2003, 9:33 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i have flown to oz with JAL and they are about the best airline i have ever used, nothing was too much trouble for the crew and we were also upgraded on the return flight, we will probably use either japanese or singapore airlines when we return.
Hi WBW
Glad you liked JAL, I like to be pampered!!!!
Upgrading sounds good, shall I mention your name?
Thanks for the reply.
Are you returning for good?
No been on the forum much lately, got so much to catch up on!!!
Debs
Old Dec 6th 2003, 9:58 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

My and I flew JAL last month and cannot really fault them. The centre seats felt like they had more leg room. The only down side is the long connection as Narita is not the most exciting airport. There is a free yahoo internet cafe but the shops are a bit of a joke. They do offer some interesting presents and you never know what to expect with the Japanese sweets.

The 2 main problems with Narita are the qs and the distance from Tokyo. Neither will affect you.

If you have a chance stop over in Japan as the place is mad and refreshingly different.

I flew Sydney Narita (has full seat tv back stuff)
JAL then put you up a night at a hotel
Then Narita London
Easyjet to barcelona
Then JAL back to Tokyo via Amsterdam (seat back tv)
3 nights in Tokyo
bullet train to Kyoto 3 nights in Kyoto
train to Osaka kansai airport (1 hour 5 mins) And flight to Sydney with 1 hour in Brisbane.

The last flight from Osaka had no seat back entertainment but we slept most of it. I understand a lot of flights via Osaka do not have the system.

Forget the Japanese duty free and get it on arrival in Australia. It is possible and I have done it.

I also loved the nose camera played on the main screen on take off and landing.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:10 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debs&tim
Thanks BKate
Will try any website available at the moment.
we would prefer Malaysian, Singapore or Emirates, flown with Malaysian before.
Dubai sounds great (from a friend going), so maybe have a look around there for a day or two?
Thanks again
Debs

I think Malaysian have a seat sale on at the mo - if you dont mind leaving it to the very last moment and flying after 16th April!!
They are advertising from £530 for 16.04 - 30.06 next year.

sue
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:05 am
will be there soon!!!!!

Originally posted by bondipom
My and I flew JAL last month and cannot really fault them. The centre seats felt like they had more leg room. The only down side is the long connection as Narita is not the most exciting airport. There is a free yahoo internet cafe but the shops are a bit of a joke. They do offer some interesting presents and you never know what to expect with the Japanese sweets.

The 2 main problems with Narita are the qs and the distance from Tokyo. Neither will affect you.

If you have a chance stop over in Japan as the place is mad and refreshingly different.

I flew Sydney Narita (has full seat tv back stuff)
JAL then put you up a night at a hotel
Then Narita London
Easyjet to barcelona
Then JAL back to Tokyo via Amsterdam (seat back tv)
3 nights in Tokyo
bullet train to Kyoto 3 nights in Kyoto
train to Osaka kansai airport (1 hour 5 mins) And flight to Sydney with 1 hour in Brisbane.

The last flight from Osaka had no seat back entertainment but we slept most of it. I understand a lot of flights via Osaka do not have the system.

Forget the Japanese duty free and get it on arrival in Australia. It is possible and I have done it.

I also loved the nose camera played on the main screen on take off and landing.
Cheers Bondipom
You certainly know how to get about!!!!
Looking at all our options and its so nice to have opinions from people who actually fly with these airlines.
Thanks again.
Debs
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:10 am
will be there soon!!!!!

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
I think Malaysian have a seat sale on at the mo - if you dont mind leaving it to the very last moment and flying after 16th April!!
They are advertising from £530 for 16.04 - 30.06 next year.

sue
Thanks Sue
If we are going to have to wait until april we would prefer to go during the Easter holidays, kids not having to have so much time off school.
We need to validate by 28th April so need to get ourselves sorted.
It's really funny, just because we've been with Malaysian before it sways you to go with them again. Will probably try someone different though if we can't get them.
Good positive responses to Singapore, Emirates and JAL. So don't seem so worried now.
Thanks again.
Debs
Old Dec 7th 2003, 5:07 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: japanese airlines

Hi
Desperately trying to sort some flights out for now and the New Year. Nothing coming up at the moment.
we've got to validate by 28th April 2004 and have asked for quotes around Easter, we have had one from Japanese Airlines just wondered if anybody knew anything about them.
Please any help.
Debs
If you can't get a BA flight, going via NRT is a good way.

There are about a dozen good hotels within 2m of NRT, all with frquent free shuttles to the airport and into NRT "city". Great place to get rid of some of the jetlag, see one of Japan's most famous Shinto temples and get a Kirin headache <g>
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all
Default Re: japanese airlines

G' Day,

Have flown both and prefer Emirates. Think they won best airline 2002 (not sure about 2003?) JAL Ok but long waits in Japan. Also recommend Malaysian Airlines (flown twice). They had a good schedule last time I flew with them. My experiences with BA were nothing special. Quite enjoyed Cathy Pacific, but have not flown with them for approx 4 years.

Some give double baggage allowance to one way migrants.

Emirates also have the external cameras, as do other airlines.

Hi
Please any help.
Debs

Last edited by ahappychappy; Dec 7th 2003 at 7:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.