Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's good bye from him!

It's good bye from him!

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's good bye from him!

Originally Posted by Jim2004
I'm starting to feel embarrassed now coming back to this post as I seem to be in a different situation, and certainly mood too each time

I seem to get to the point where I think it's all over, THEN find there is another way or something I thought isn't actually so, and can go on with it all for now

Soooooo, current state of play is I've spoke to my friend who is doing the Degree in Oz and he said not to give in on that one without at least giving it a bit more thought, effort, research etc. What it takes to pass Degree's is persistence and all that, NOT intelligence, so there is hope! ...lol. Ok, I could find that NO qualifications will stop me, but again I've heard you can get into these courses without. I should hopefully hear from a Uni or two soon and will know then.
It does take a certain amount of intelligence to pass a degree level course. Only you can decide if you have this or not. You don't want to find you're struggling *after* moving to Australia.

Why not study to be an accountant in the UK? You could try the Open University which does a starter certificate that's accepted by the professional bodies, and I know the ACCA has a program with Oxford Brookes University that lets you get a BSc degree after passing the intermediate stage exams.

You would need some skilled work experience but that may be easier to obtain in the UK once you've actually got the first stages of the qualification under your belt. Or you might find it easier to get an Australian employer to sponsor you, especially if you top things up with the Australian CPA qualification.

Or if you can do a starter qualification in the UK from somewhere like the OU, and then if it goes well, see if you can get a year's credit off the study you would need to do in Australia.

In response to what someone else has said about the business route, forget the idea as you need an existing track record as a businessman, senior executive or investor.

Your focus should be on positive strategies to improve your life in the UK - with migration as a possible bonus later on - and not the other way around.

Jeremy
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
It does take a certain amount of intelligence to pass a degree level course. Only you can decide if you have this or not. You don't want to find you're struggling *after* moving to Australia.

Why not study to be an accountant in the UK? You could try the Open University which does a starter certificate that's accepted by the professional bodies, and I know the ACCA has a program with Oxford Brookes University that lets you get a BSc degree after passing the intermediate stage exams.

You would need some skilled work experience but that may be easier to obtain in the UK once you've actually got the first stages of the qualification under your belt. Or you might find it easier to get an Australian employer to sponsor you, especially if you top things up with the Australian CPA qualification.

Or if you can do a starter qualification in the UK from somewhere like the OU, and then if it goes well, see if you can get a year's credit off the study you would need to do in Australia.

In response to what someone else has said about the business route, forget the idea as you need an existing track record as a businessman, senior executive or investor.

Your focus should be on positive strategies to improve your life in the UK - with migration as a possible bonus later on - and not the other way around.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy, nice to meet you on this side for a change

Well to be honest I haven't given anything like that any thought as yet, but will try to look into it.

One thing that jumps out at me now is both mine and my daughters age. I'm 34, will be 35 by the time I started the course (if I was lucky enough to get a place at an Oz Uni). My daughter is 14 and will be 15 by the time I start. Now with the Degree taking 2.5yrs with Semester study, altho maybe I might still be ok, altho if we need to go SIR then it might be an issue with points for age by the time I apply for PR

(breath!!)

my daughter will obv be knocking on the door of 18, and I know you've said about her being dependand on us as far as DIMIA is concerned. I know that was in ref to starting age for work, but all the same she will be close to 18.

I 'think' as long as she is still in full time education (all the more reason to be!) she will be ok, but if this would prove a serious problem, her have to apply for PR herself, then that alone would get me with my towel in hand again!

Soooo, I kinda think we have no time on our side really, close enough as it is maybe ?! but to stay put and study here, it can only make the Oz chances even worse!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I 'think' as long as she is still in full time education (all the more reason to be!) she will be ok, but if this would prove a serious problem, her have to apply for PR herself, then that alone would get me with my towel in hand again!

Soooo, I kinda think we have no time on our side really, close enough as it is maybe ?! but to stay put and study here, it can only make the Oz chances even worse!

In that case, if you start thinking about things, you may once again have to accept that there could be little or no realistic chance of the scheme working out.

It really would not be smart to throw yourself into degree level study unless you were fairly sure you were going to come out the other end with a degree and that such a degree would actually be useful to you.

SIR requires state/regional sponsorship as well as the 110 points.

I would not rely on MODL still existing for accountants in 3 years time - they could well either remove accountant, or impose additional requirements for the MODL points such as the full CA/CPA designation or three years work experience.

The bottom line in all of this is that some people simply do not qualify to migrate to Australia and that's pretty much that.

Jeremy
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
In that case, if you start thinking about things, you may once again have to accept that there could be little or no realistic chance of the scheme working out.

It really would not be smart to throw yourself into degree level study unless you were fairly sure you were going to come out the other end with a degree and that such a degree would actually be useful to you.

SIR requires state/regional sponsorship as well as the 110 points.

I would not rely on MODL still existing for accountants in 3 years time - they could well either remove accountant, or impose additional requirements for the MODL points such as the full CA/CPA designation or three years work experience.

The bottom line in all of this is that some people simply do not qualify to migrate to Australia and that's pretty much that.

Jeremy
Well I agree to a certain extent. Believe me I do not want to start something I cannot finish! I'm not too sure how I can find out if I have the savvy for want of a better word to do it! as in the intelligence, maybe worth visiting a local Uni, have a chat with a tutor there maybe? ...... dunno on that one.

As you know I have no qualifications, BUT HAVE studied! The knowledge most ppl around the world have some idea as to what is involved, but to briefly explain, you have to study for a min of 2 yrs and basically learn a 6 mile radius from centre of London like the back of your hand. I won't list all the possible places you have to learn, but they say that by the time the driver is given his or her badge, they would have a decent knowledge of between 12 - 15,000 places of interest too.

Ok, a bit of a cabbie lesson there, not needed I know, but the point is for over a year I was studying out on the road for 6 - 8 hours a day, then spending another 4 hours in the eve studying at a school. I'd often wouldn't get home till gone 10pm. After 1st year I slowed down a bit, but it was still 7 days.

Another point to hopefully back up I CAN 'possibly' do the Degree (trying to prove determination and stamina here, followed by pressure in a sec ..lol)

Yeah, well there's the appearances. Every month or so your tested. Now the examiners are ex police and as much as test your knowledge of London, they're there to test your temperament (disagree with you even when your right, tell you black is blue kinda thing, to try and make you lose your temper! ...lol) and everything else! Now a lot of friends who I was on the Knowledge with suffered real bad with the pressure of these tests / exams. They'd tell me how they couldn't sleep for days before and stuff like that. I'd sit in the waiting room with a load of people and over half would be white faced with the odd one leaving the room in a hurry to the toilet! I always found it ok. At the end of the day you either know what they'll ask you, or you won't! no point in getting worked up about, but some ppl obv cannot do this!

Again prob a little too much info here, but the point is I am not bragging, this is just how I am. My partner goes as far as saying I strive on the pressure, but whatever.

Now at the end of my yakking (sorry, I know you still think a no hoper, but I woke today with a chance, and been on a high since

People DO tell me that their exams (in whatever field) suffered because they just lost it on the day down to pressure! I don't see this being a problem, could be wrong tho.

Soooooo all I'm trying to say, and sorry for waffling, is that I know I have the stamina and dedication to complete a Degree. Many ppl say that doin the Knowledge (here he goes again! ...lol) is on par to doing a Degree. as to the intelligence, I cannot answer. The few ppl I've mentioned this to seem to think I'll have no problems there, but no one is anything more than personal friend, no teachers or anything!

As far as points go, I stand to make 115 without MODL, so am taking this as max points. This won't get me Skilled Independent unless I can find another 5, but even then it might go up by then, so will only be able to go for SIR I guess ?! Ok, if MODL and no major leaps then ok, but as I say have to allow for them NOT being there in 3 yrs.

If you are still awake, then Is this all sounding too risky now ??

Oh and one final point that HAS to be said!

One of the main reasons for possibly going for this Degree is (and maybe my most sensible point in any of this) if we don't get PR, then the Degree will be worth a lot more than the Cert III back in the UK, or possibly anywhere in the world! ....... I think!

Not getting PR will be the worst case scenario, but at least returning to the UK with a Degree will be some kind of consolation
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:03 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Well I agree to a certain extent. Believe me I do not want to start something I cannot finish! I'm not too sure how I can find out if I have the savvy for want of a better word to do it! as in the intelligence, maybe worth visiting a local Uni, have a chat with a tutor there maybe? ...... dunno on that one.

As you know I have no qualifications, BUT HAVE studied! The knowledge most ppl around the world have some idea as to what is involved, but to briefly explain, you have to study for a min of 2 yrs and basically learn a 6 mile radius from centre of London like the back of your hand. I won't list all the possible places you have to learn, but they say that by the time the driver is given his or her badge, they would have a decent knowledge of between 12 - 15,000 places of interest too.

Ok, a bit of a cabbie lesson there, not needed I know, but the point is for over a year I was studying out on the road for 6 - 8 hours a day, then spending another 4 hours in the eve studying at a school. I'd often wouldn't get home till gone 10pm. After 1st year I slowed down a bit, but it was still 7 days.

Another point to hopefully back up I CAN 'possibly' do the Degree (trying to prove determination and stamina here, followed by pressure in a sec ..lol)

Yeah, well there's the appearances. Every month or so your tested. Now the examiners are ex police and as much as test your knowledge of London, they're there to test your temperament (disagree with you even when your right, tell you black is blue kinda thing, to try and make you lose your temper! ...lol) and everything else! Now a lot of friends who I was on the Knowledge with suffered real bad with the pressure of these tests / exams. They'd tell me how they couldn't sleep for days before and stuff like that. I'd sit in the waiting room with a load of people and over half would be white faced with the odd one leaving the room in a hurry to the toilet! I always found it ok. At the end of the day you either know what they'll ask you, or you won't! no point in getting worked up about, but some ppl obv cannot do this!

Again prob a little too much info here, but the point is I am not bragging, this is just how I am. My partner goes as far as saying I strive on the pressure, but whatever.

Now at the end of my yakking (sorry, I know you still think a no hoper, but I woke today with a chance, and been on a high since

People DO tell me that their exams (in whatever field) suffered because they just lost it on the day down to pressure! I don't see this being a problem, could be wrong tho.

Soooooo all I'm trying to say, and sorry for waffling, is that I know I have the stamina and dedication to complete a Degree. Many ppl say that doin the Knowledge (here he goes again! ...lol) is on par to doing a Degree. as to the intelligence, I cannot answer. The few ppl I've mentioned this to seem to think I'll have no problems there, but no one is anything more than personal friend, no teachers or anything!

As far as points go, I stand to make 115 without MODL, so am taking this as max points. This won't get me Skilled Independent unless I can find another 5, but even then it might go up by then, so will only be able to go for SIR I guess ?! Ok, if MODL and no major leaps then ok, but as I say have to allow for them NOT being there in 3 yrs.

If you are still awake, then Is this all sounding too risky now ??

Oh and one final point that HAS to be said!

One of the main reasons for possibly going for this Degree is (and maybe my most sensible point in any of this) if we don't get PR, then the Degree will be worth a lot more than the Cert III back in the UK, or possibly anywhere in the world! ....... I think!

Not getting PR will be the worst case scenario, but at least returning to the UK with a Degree will be some kind of consolation
Jim I'm no teacher but i am studying for my diploma which is lower than a degree. I am doing this by e-learning and its bloody tough what with work, misses and kids in tow although mine are very little. But needless to say its still hard i am no fool and have city and guilds and i have been studing fortwo years with one to go. Not to put you off butif your gonna go for a degree then its hard to keep focused, i am 30 and its suprising what you foget in terms of academic skills like punctuation, spellingand grammer obviously depending on what you are studying but maths isa mind blower for me. Its tough but like you said it will enrich your life here if you dont go, i have another 30years of work well it looks that way and to ork really hard for 3 years to make the other 27 easier is well worth it. Regardless of emigrating .

Distance learning is good as its flexible and you can do what you can when you have the time but i spend many an hour writing essays, reports etc when i want to relax. But needless to say i will improve the oportunities open to you going forward.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:18 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: It's good bye from him!

Oh well I tried!

It looks like any chance I ever had of getting out to Oz was all of about 5% chance (acording to Jeremy JAJ), and have spoke to a pro and they think chances are small too!

It's a long old story about a TRA failure and then considering the Study route but it just aint gonna happen.

This will explain all, IF anyone is interested:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292598

Soooooo, I just want to say a BIG thank you to all that have helped in my posts over the last however long, some serious queries, some silly posts, but thank you all the same

I'm off for a or 12!

Cheers
Well at least you tried...and remember we are in the E.U . so there's lots of sunny countrys for you to pick from and you won't need a bloody VISA for them. You just go and get on a plane......and learn FRENCH..
CORKER
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:22 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CORKER
You just go and get on a plane......and learn FRENCH..
CORKER
Now that is scary :scared:
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:45 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fraser
Now that is scary :scared:
Well if you go to a poor E.U. country...You'll at least be living there happy in the knowledge that the UK is paying for the lights, buses and the other infrastructure.......from its EU contributions...
CORKER
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
Jim I'm no teacher but i am studying for my diploma which is lower than a degree. I am doing this by e-learning and its bloody tough what with work, misses and kids in tow although mine are very little. But needless to say its still hard i am no fool and have city and guilds and i have been studing fortwo years with one to go. Not to put you off butif your gonna go for a degree then its hard to keep focused, i am 30 and its suprising what you foget in terms of academic skills like punctuation, spellingand grammer obviously depending on what you are studying but maths isa mind blower for me. Its tough but like you said it will enrich your life here if you dont go, i have another 30years of work well it looks that way and to ork really hard for 3 years to make the other 27 easier is well worth it. Regardless of emigrating .

Distance learning is good as its flexible and you can do what you can when you have the time but i spend many an hour writing essays, reports etc when i want to relax. But needless to say i will improve the oportunities open to you going forward.
Hi Ben. Now don't you go backing down on me mister! ...lol, altho I hear what your saying. Only thing I can say is I did the knowledge when my kids were young and I know that is hard! Well my partner prob knows more about that as I was out of the house most of the time, but there was many nights when we'd be trying to revise for my Knowledge stuff and have the lil sproggs running around!

Thankfully my youngest is 12 now and both are perfectly capable of entertaining themsleves! ....... altho do wonder at times ...lol.

Not gonna take away how hard the Degree will be, and that I've got to look into somehow. I'm off to work in a bit and always get City Accountants who've been working late in the cab so will chat a few up about their experiences with qualification and working in the field!

At the end of the day it's all STILL 'if's' & 'maybe's' plus a lot of Clutching, but no harm in that I say!

Well at least you tried...and remember we are in the E.U . so there's lots of sunny countrys for you to pick from and you won't need a bloody VISA for them. You just go and get on a plane......and learn FRENCH..
CORKER
CORKER, that was a good luck wish wasn't it, not a sodd off to France one I hope
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:24 pm
NEO LIVES

Hi Ben. Now don't you go backing down on me mister! ...lol, altho I hear what your saying. Only thing I can say is I did the knowledge when my kids were young and I know that is hard! Well my partner prob knows more about that as I was out of the house most of the time, but there was many nights when we'd be trying to revise for my Knowledge stuff and have the lil sproggs running around!

Thankfully my youngest is 12 now and both are perfectly capable of entertaining themsleves! ....... altho do wonder at times ...lol.

Not gonna take away how hard the Degree will be, and that I've got to look into somehow. I'm off to work in a bit and always get City Accountants who've been working late in the cab so will chat a few up about their experiences with qualification and working in the field!

At the end of the day it's all STILL 'if's' & 'maybe's' plus a lot of Clutching, but no harm in that I say!

CORKER, that was a good luck wish wasn't it, not a sodd off to France one I hope
It was a very GOOD LUCK.....don't let it get you down...
CORKER
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

It was a very GOOD LUCK.....don't let it get you down...
CORKER
Ok thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 2:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

Only you can make a decision like that. I would point out two things:
1. You need to have an interest in the subject concerned, otherwise it will be a real drag.
2. Degree study, especially in the later years, is as much about *applying* knowledge to unstructured situations as simply acquiring it.

Are you sure you've counted your points correctly:
- the degree in itself will get you 5 points
- if you study in a regional area, then you get 5 points more.

What you would need to check here is how the degree you'd propose to study gets treated for accreditation/exemptions by the UK accountancy bodies. You would likely need to top it up with a professional qualification if you wanted to get quality work in the UK - ACCA would likely be the most suitable one, also look at CIMA. Although UK based, they have students from many countries so do have experience in accrediting foreign degrees.

Ways to 'risk manage' this process include:

- do a starter qualification in the UK just to see how things go. If you struggle, or find it uninteresting, then you need to forget the idea of studying in Australia. If you can get some credit for it in Australia then all the better (you need to study for at least 2 years there, however). As far as I know the OU has a useful certificate to look at - http://www.open.ac.uk

- When choosing a location in Australia to study, take into account the following:
a. Is it eligible for points for regional study and SIR? (the areas are identical)
b. Although you do not have to have studied in a SIR eligible area to get a SIR visa it makes sense to do so as it avoids the need to move, and may make getting state sponsorship easier.
c. Does the state have a track record in sponsoring individual migrants? (SA, Victoria and WA)
d. Will you be charged school fees to send your children to school (you will be in regional NSW, for example, to my knowledge).
e. Is the area eligible for RSMS (which may be useful if you can find a sponsoring employer)?
f. Does the state participate in STNI/Skill Matching?

You'll need to do your own research but South Australia would likely be the best option, followed by Tasmania and *regional* Victoria.

In choosing a university you need to consider:
- the course accreditation offered by the Australian accountant bodies (CPAA, ICAA, NIA); and
- the general reputation of the university. Some are better than others, and this may be an issue for job-hunting later on.
- if you do a starter certificate in the UK, will the university give you any credit for it?

Jeremy
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Carla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
1. You need to have an interest in the subject concerned, otherwise it will be a real drag.
2. Degree study, especially in the later years, is as much about *applying* knowledge to unstructured situations as simply acquiring it.

What you would need to check here is how the degree you'd propose to study gets treated for accreditation/exemptions by the UK accountancy bodies. You would likely need to top it up with a professional qualification if you wanted to get quality work in the UK - ACCA would likely be the most suitable one, also look at CIMA. Although UK based, they have students from many countries so do have experience in accrediting foreign degrees.

- do a starter qualification in the UK just to see how things go. If you struggle, or find it uninteresting, then you need to forget the idea of studying in Australia. If you can get some credit for it in Australia then all the better (you need to study for at least 2 years there, however). As far as I know the OU has a useful certificate to look at - http://www.open.ac.uk

- When choosing a location in Australia to study, take into account the following:
a. Is it eligible for points for regional study and SIR? (the areas are identical)
b. Although you do not have to have studied in a SIR eligible area to get a SIR visa it makes sense to do so as it avoids the need to move, and may make getting state sponsorship easier.
c. Does the state have a track record in sponsoring individual migrants? (SA, Victoria and WA)
d. Will you be charged school fees to send your children to school (you will be in regional NSW, for example, to my knowledge).
e. Is the area eligible for RSMS (which may be useful if you can find a sponsoring employer)?

You'll need to do your own research but South Australia would likely be the best option, followed by Tasmania and *regional* Victoria.

- the course accreditation offered by the Australian accountant bodies (CPAA, ICAA, NIA); and
- the general reputation of the university. Some are better than others, and this may be an issue for job-hunting later on.
- if you do a starter certificate in the UK, will the university give you any credit for it?

Jeremy
My husband had a free telephone assessment with a migration agent (recommended on this forum) last week who informed him that the points for skilled occupation was coming down on the 4th April!! Don't know how true this information is or how useful it would be for you, but I hope it gives you another avenue to consider.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Thanks a lot Jeremy, this is a lot of good info for me to be looking into

I Don't have a lot to say on it all, as I obv need to get my researching head on and go look!

As to the points issue, I should've said 115 was the MAX I could get (think)

skill, age, and language - 100

Degree - 5

Regional area - 5

and then Capital Inv (doubt it) or 6 months work exp (again doubtful, BUT the points ARE there if you can get it) - 5

I'm still unsure if I could cope with a Degree. I know I've got it in me, but as you say it will be a slog if i'm finding it all boring, but how can Accounting be boring? learning how to fiddle the tax has gotta be interesting! .....lol, joke!, but I get what your saying. I have loads of research to do with the Degree too and thankfully I have a few friends who work in this field so I should be able to pick their brains a bit about the job itself.

I'm sure I will be back ...lol, but I'm off for some research.

Oh just one thing?

With a SIR Visa, you have to live there for 2 yrs, and get 12 months employment in that time (think), but once you have this, do you then apply and hopefully get PR. Do you have to make the points again I mean? I ask as after 3yrs of study, + 2 yrs in the area, I will now be in a higher age bracket and bang goes 5 points!

Thanks Jeremy
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Carla
My husband had a free telephone assessment with a migration agent (recommended on this forum) last week who informed him that the points for skilled occupation was coming down on the 4th April!! Don't know how true this information is or how useful it would be for you, but I hope it gives you another avenue to consider.
Interesting!

But when you say the Points for skilled occupation, do you mean the 40, 50, 60 will be dropping?

If so then that's NOT gonna help me at all!

Or maybe the points pass mark?! .... sorry, not sure

Have you heard anything on this front Jeremy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.