Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's good bye from him!

It's good bye from him!

Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: It's good bye from him!

Originally Posted by Merlot
Jim, wish you all the very best and sorry to hear your news.

Makes me feel lucky to be where I am in life with the options I have in front of me.

Would you look at another country????

M
Thanks Merlot

As to another country, well yes. We fell out with the UK a long time ago. We had plans of moving to the South of France a few year ago, done the reccie, worked out figures and all, and we could've moved there, bought a house outright, my partner would not need to work, and I would have to return to the London for 1 week in every month for work. The plan was almost ideal, till we looked into the kids education.

my kids were 10 & 12 then and International schools were just either too far away, or not suitable for other reasons. For them to be thrown into a state school and basically HAVE to learn the lingo was just too much, not at their stage in schooling so it fell through.

Next step was to find a country with good weather, AND speak English as native, here comes Australia!

But then, no it doesn't does it! ...lol
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life

right you lot, JIm has given up, your supposed to jee him up not say " farewell"

Jimbo stop feeling sorry for yourself, thinks look bleak but surely you aint out, you must have a wee bit of fight left in you mate. i don
't mean to partonise you but surely there must be something....have you actually had a decent consultation with an agent ??/?

I just got a knock back from an agent due to not having recent work expirience in my trade so i gotta go back into that trade for 12 months, this won't deter me although i will earn less money have a crap job and lose all i have worked for for the last eight years and sure the SOL may change in the meantime, but if you want it mate then don't give in, they make it hard for good reason, but your a fighter aint you ?????cmon stop drowning your sorrows and get back to the drawing board.........
please can somebody give Jim some positive feedback, cmon buddy fight or flight mate , you must stay and fight till the death, well not quite but you get my drift........
Thanks Ben, you are a diamind

end of the road for me / yea feelin sorry for myself alright, but ........

yeah i've had a consulation, but wasn't going anywhere, and most agents i contacted don't help with students.. ihave a few contacts in Oz, who do hep with Student queries, they tell me all is fine, but as you know others don't agree.

who can/ do i trust now?

no one
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:07 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Thanks Ben, you are a diamind

end of the road for me / yea feelin sorry for myself alright, but ........

yeah i've had a consulation, but wasn't going anywhere, and most agents i contacted don't help with students.. ihave a few contacts in Oz, who do hep with Student queries, they tell me all is fine, but as you know others don't agree.

who can/ do i trust now?

no one
Jim what is your occupation ??

do you have one ?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
Jim what is your occupation ??

do you have one ?
yeah, cureenty a london cabbie, but have worked asa bricklayer b4, for years! can put up walls till the cows come home, but tra so no!

i had over 10 yrs of experience, but tra say:

no qualifications

no formal training

no no proper apprentiship!

10 years in the job means nowt!

but whatever, they are god!

i can't even get to joseph level! ...lol

sorry, talking shite now, a bit wobbly

i should log off rthe pc now or i'm goin to embarass myself, 9if not done already! ...lol)

but am hoping Jaj will reply to my thread on the immigration post, my last hope really!

cheers mate
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:32 pm
Merlot

Thanks Merlot

As to another country, well yes. We fell out with the UK a long time ago. We had plans of moving to the South of France a few year ago, done the reccie, worked out figures and all, and we could've moved there, bought a house outright, my partner would not need to work, and I would have to return to the London for 1 week in every month for work. The plan was almost ideal, till we looked into the kids education.

my kids were 10 & 12 then and International schools were just either too far away, or not suitable for other reasons. For them to be thrown into a state school and basically HAVE to learn the lingo was just too much, not at their stage in schooling so it fell through.

Next step was to find a country with good weather, AND speak English as native, here comes Australia!

But then, no it doesn't does it! ...lol
Mate, with Ben on this one, let us get you uplifted!!! :scared:

Start now with changing your avatar back to a cheery colour, all the posters need to send you karma and JAJ will give you the best news yet!!!!

Fingers crossed for you.

M

Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Merlot
Mate, with Ben on this one, let us get you uplifted!!! :scared:

Start now with changing your avatar back to a cheery colour, all the posters need to send you karma and JAJ will give you the best news yet!!!!

Fingers crossed for you.

M
the avatar stays! the day i got a no from tra it was blsack thursday in this house, the same applies today, soz but just how it is.

i have 'whored' for karma ...lol, re; free karma 4 newbies rthread, but all erilivant now

JAJ will not reply to my PM's, i know he is out there!

i can't blame him, i want 'this and that' , but he can only give what is in his powers! he can't prodiuce a miracle!

bloody* beer is goin down well though
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:59 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a feeling you will be back with another approach. Your persistence will get you far, hopefully 15000 miles.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:02 pm
Merlot

the avatar stays! the day i got a no from tra it was blsack thursday in this house, the same applies today, soz but just how it is.

i have 'whored' for karma ...lol, re; free karma 4 newbies rthread, but all erilivant now

JAJ will not reply to my PM's, i know he is out there!

i can't blame him, i want 'this and that' , but he can only give what is in his powers! he can't prodiuce a miracle!

bloody* beer is goin down well though
OK, OK, I'll divorce me hubby and we'll get wed!!!

Like Bondipom said, I am sure we will see you there.

M

Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bondipom
I have a feeling you will be back with another approach. Your persistence will get you far, hopefully 15000 miles.
and this means a lot Bondipom. I have to say last night i was going to bed feeling quite posive. ok JAJ bashed me good, but he DOes know his stuff. ur coment bout clutching just killed me.

thank u
Old Mar 30th 2005, 1:15 am
Account Closed

Oh well, all gone now, and gonna hit thew hay! ...... hic!

they tell me tomorrow is another day!

goodnight
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

keep in there mate, is it any easier to get into new zealand? i dont know but just another angle to look at.
what does your partner do? can you not use her qualifications. i know you will have looked at this but just trying to get my wee grey matter working
dont give up!
youve helped alot of peeps on here and hopefully there is a way forward for you.
take care, hope the head is still on
Trish
Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:41 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

eyup matey,
dont really understand your situation cos ive only just read through these threads but, you are a brickie with 10 years experience but have had a no from tra? is that right?
is it your age that is stopping you from staying in the uk and getting the courses/experience that tra say you will need? have you found out what exactly would get you through the tra?
sory if im asking stuff you have already posted, but i dont get chance to come on here much these days, so an abridged version would be good!
im in a similar position as a previous poster - i have to do another 12 months working over 20 hours a week to satisfy dimias work rules - and im a nurse, so it isnt all cut and dried for eveyone on the modl/sol!

one bit of advice from someone who has had more knockbacks than a boxer - dont dwell on here!!!!!!!! this site is very useful and helpful and you will make lots of mates and get loads of advice, but it sometimes helps to take a couple of weeks off from it, forget all about aus and emigrating, and take a couple of deep breaths. Then sit down with the dimia info booklets and read it all with a clear head....i guaruntee it will all make more sense!

good luck

sue
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
eyup matey,
dont really understand your situation cos ive only just read through these threads but, you are a brickie with 10 years experience but have had a no from tra? is that right?
is it your age that is stopping you from staying in the uk and getting the courses/experience that tra say you will need? have you found out what exactly would get you through the tra?
sory if im asking stuff you have already posted, but i dont get chance to come on here much these days, so an abridged version would be good!
im in a similar position as a previous poster - i have to do another 12 months working over 20 hours a week to satisfy dimias work rules - and im a nurse, so it isnt all cut and dried for eveyone on the modl/sol!

one bit of advice from someone who has had more knockbacks than a boxer - dont dwell on here!!!!!!!! this site is very useful and helpful and you will make lots of mates and get loads of advice, but it sometimes helps to take a couple of weeks off from it, forget all about aus and emigrating, and take a couple of deep breaths. Then sit down with the dimia info booklets and read it all with a clear head....i guaruntee it will all make more sense!

good luck

sue
Hi Sue, and thanks for the support

Well it's all quite complicated to say the least ...lol, but yeah I've tried thru TRA and got a No. Nothing I can do with that tho as would never have worked. I have experience, but no qualifications or proper Apprentiship. I had an agent look thru my case about possible appeal or even a fresh application but advised against it for lack of chance of success.

Sooooo the Student Route was born. Everything was looking ok. Found a field I would enjoy working in (Motor Mechanic), found a course, enquired to the college and all was looking good, just need to sell the house to pay for it all!

THEN!!! I get a reply from TRA stating that from July 2005 all people applying for recognition as an onshore Student will need 900 hours Work Experience along with their Minimum Cert III qualification.

This is what the other thread on the Immigration side of this forum is all about, and basically quite a few people in the know reckon I am pretty much fighting a lost cause trying to get that experience in Oz, for many diff reasons.

Hope that explains it all a bit better.

Altho I woke today with a bit of a head ...lol, the fighter in me isn't giving in yet tho I was back to rock bottom last night, just the same as when I got the dreaded letter from the TRA saying no last year, but I'll keep on, I have no other choice!

All I know for certain at the mo is I am not staying in the UK!

Anyway, work calls now so will be back later for more driving myslef mad on here! ...lol
Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:31 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Get the Brickie Quals... even if you need to fake them or do an Open University course or anything.

Or..... become a hairdresser.... one of the skills needed

Or marry an Aussie

In Cyprus they speak English.

Malta too.

South Africa (although I wouldn`t live anywhere but Cape Town or Durban).

Gambia.

Ghana too I think.

Plenty more options out there to escape the UK.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stormz
Or marry an Aussie
I'm looking!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.