Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's good bye from him!

It's good bye from him!

Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default It's good bye from him!

Oh well I tried!

It looks like any chance I ever had of getting out to Oz was all of about 5% chance (acording to Jeremy JAJ), and have spoke to a pro and they think chances are small too!

It's a long old story about a TRA failure and then considering the Study route but it just aint gonna happen.

This will explain all, IF anyone is interested:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292598

Soooooo, I just want to say a BIG thank you to all that have helped in my posts over the last however long, some serious queries, some silly posts, but thank you all the same

I'm off for a or 12!

Cheers
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's good bye from him!

Gee, that was some read Jim.

You certainly got balls and they can be put to good use in whatever you decide to do in the future.

Take some time out to recuperate and ponder.

Keep that spirit and use it to benefit you and your family.

Sorry but good luck mate.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:37 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Oh well I tried!

It looks like any chance I ever had of getting out to Oz was all of about 5% chance (acording to Jeremy JAJ), and have spoke to a pro and they think chances are small too!

It's a long old story about a TRA failure and then considering the Study route but it just aint gonna happen.

Soooooo, I just want to say a BIG thank you to all that have helped in my posts over the last however long, some serious queries, some silly posts, but thank you all the same
I'm off for a or 12!

Cheers :)
Your post has made me feel quite sad :( . It also makes me realise how lucky I am to have a skill that is on the demand list. I don't think that I've ever appreciated being a nurse as much before. It seems unfair that people who can offer so much are unable to met DIMIA's criteria (I do realise why there has to be one) - flexiability seems to be lacking.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do :)
I'll have one for you :beer:

Gillian - ex- Watford so I know what you want to escape from :eek: :D
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:38 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Oh well I tried!

I'm off for a or 12!

Cheers

aw Jim noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
are you sure there isn't another way???
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:39 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
Get some one to marry you
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:41 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
Hey jim - Sir Less is my hubby BTW... he was so looking forward to your BBQ'ing with him ! LOL

Surely there is another way??
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

hi,
i am a bit of a lurker and never post but i read your thread and just wanted to say how sorry i am things didn't work out for you!!!
if i could send you karma i would xx
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Your post has made me feel quite sad . It also makes me realise how lucky I am to have a skill that is on the demand list. I don't think that I've ever appreciated being a nurse as much before. It seems unfair that people who can offer so much are unable to met DIMIA's criteria (I do realise why there has to be one) - flexiability seems to be lacking.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do
I'll have one for you

Gillian - ex- Watford so I know what you want to escape from

I second that...really sorry Jim and wish you all the luck for the future

Sue
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:11 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck with whatever happens...!!!

-Sara.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:21 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Oh well I tried!

I'm off for a or 12!

Cheers
Good luck to you in whatever your next life challenge is.

Probably the hangover after the 12 beers.

Take care
Kala
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:24 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck pal
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

dont give up
thanks for all your help with the technical stuff! keep thinking mate, your positive attitude is really admirable.
all the best
Trish
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Firstly a BIG THANK YOU to anyone who has posted nice words They REALLY mean so much

Secondly going against my better judgement, I WILL be drowning my sorrows tonight and have already started on the sauce

I'm trying to be my usual positive self and convince myself too that 'there is always a way' but I just don't know anymore!

My only hope is I am not 100% on whether I can extend my time in Oz after my Student Visa expires with a Working Visa, or even extending my studies to get the illusive 900 hours work experience ?! After studies I would have a qualification that might make getting work that bit easier ?!

Maybe I should post this in the Immigration forum, oh I have! ........ oh dear, the alcohol is taking effect! - he is repeating himself already! ...lol

I've said I'll throw the towel in, I've said I HAVE thrown the towel in, but I can't!

If anyone actually read the thread on the Immigration forum, they will know I had a whinge early on because I thought the forum was all about giving / getting support and stuff, I'm glad to admit I have shot myself in the foot on that one as there IS people who care, which means soooooo much to me right now

The morning hangover will be another story tho! ...lol

Thanks everyone

Jim
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:46 pm
Merlot

Jim, wish you all the very best and sorry to hear your news.

Makes me feel lucky to be where I am in life with the options I have in front of me.

Would you look at another country????

M

Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:01 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: It's good bye from him!

Originally Posted by Merlot
Jim, wish you all the very best and sorry to hear your news.

Makes me feel lucky to be where I am in life with the options I have in front of me.

Would you look at another country????

M

right you lot, JIm has given up, your supposed to jee him up not say " farewell"

Jimbo stop feeling sorry for yourself, thinks look bleak but surely you aint out, you must have a wee bit of fight left in you mate. i don
't mean to partonise you but surely there must be something....have you actually had a decent consultation with an agent ??/?

I just got a knock back from an agent due to not having recent work expirience in my trade so i gotta go back into that trade for 12 months, this won't deter me although i will earn less money have a crap job and lose all i have worked for for the last eight years and sure the SOL may change in the meantime, but if you want it mate then don't give in, they make it hard for good reason, but your a fighter aint you ?????cmon stop drowning your sorrows and get back to the drawing board.........
please can somebody give Jim some positive feedback, cmon buddy fight or flight mate , you must stay and fight till the death, well not quite but you get my drift........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.